Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Wanted: Green Grocer

brclark82brclark82 Member Posts: 217
edited June 2012 in Marketplace
I am looking to trade a few items (plus some cash possibly) for a green grocer. I know most of these items are small and inexpensive compared to what I'm looking for but thought I'd give it a shot. I am located in IL, US and all sets are MISB unless otherwise noted.

For trade:
LEGO 3300003-1: LEGO Brand Retail Store

LEGO Wauwatosa-1: Wauwatosa, WI, Exclusive Minifigure Pack

LEGO 20006-1: Clone Turbo Tank polybag slightly wrinkled but unopened

LEGO 30164-1: Lex Luthor

LEGO 21005-1: Fallingwater Autographed by designer Adam Reed Tucker

LEGO 19720-1: John Hancock Center Limited Edition of 1250 sets

Sealed complete sets of series 1 & 2 CMF'S

LEGO 10199-1: Winter Village Toy Shop x2 (one box has some shelf wear, one is mint)

LEGO 2856197-1: Shadow ARF Trooper x2 (one polybag wrinkled other is mint)

LEGO 8084-1: Snowtrooper Battle Pack

LEGO 7958-1: Star Wars Advent Calendar x2

LEGO 7953-1: Court Jester

LEGO 853340-1: Minifigure Wedding Favour Set

LEGO 30040-1: Octopus x2

LEGO 4659758-1: Target Bullseye Gift Card 2011 Plastic box is still sealed, but missing gift card and cardboard from back

LEGO 7287-1: Police Boat Slight crease in front of box

LEGO 3300001-1: Brickley

LEGO 7188-1: King's Carriage Ambush

Spongebob promotional Duplo Brick

Comments

• samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,430
    Just thought I'd throw this out there, but are you by any chance interested in any of the other modulars? Namely, the Grand Emporium, Fire Brigade, and Pet shop?
  • brclark82brclark82 Member Posts: 217
    I'm not, but would possibly be open to other retired sets...most 10xxx sets that are not star wars and are retired I may be interested in a trade for, even if it would require just a few sets and a decent amount of cash on my part. The ideal trade would be someone who is interested in some of the sets I have and has a large retired set they are looking to sell. They can still get a decent amount of money and some sets they want and I can save some money by getting rid of a few of my extras.

Other interests specifically
    Taj mahal
    Grand carousel
    Cafe corner
    Eiffel tower
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 1,214
    I'll hook you up with a 10189 Taj Mahal for %10 under lowest on bricklink.
    Do you want anything I have to help lower the price a bit?
    edited June 2012
    I need to downsize my collection, so I better not trade. If you have the funds for Taj,GG and CC I could give you a good deal on all three. Lowest on bl, found in the USA:

10189 - $765.00 (Taj Mahal) - My bl store actually.
    10185 - $480.00 (Green Grocer )
    10182 - $720.00 (Cafe Corner)
    $1965.00
    -%15
    $1670.25

I will pay shipping and insurance if you are in the USA.

• RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    edited June 2012
    @followsclosely, If you don't get a bite in those 3 sets I would like to purchase them as a bundle. Thanks.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Please disregard my offer above. After giving it some thought, I think I will hold off on any big impulse purchases for now ;) sorry about that.
    that is a very generous offer, i wish i could do that but i just can't spend that much money (although i'd like to). i was really just trying to get one of the sets without too much out of pocket money, but thanks for the offer.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    ^But @brclark82 thats a real good deal on GG to begin with, if he's willing to go 15% off that it would be a great deal even. I'd be all over it if I didn't already have it, so I think you should ponder that one a second time... just my 2 pence =)
    Im not sure he's willing to go 15% off GG if i don't get them all, the original offer for only 1 set was 10% off TM. But I guess i could ask :) ...

@FollowsClosely, are you willing to sell only GG at 15% off the price you have listed and if so, is it MISB and if not do you have the original box and instructions?
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,404
    He is asking $480, then taking 15% off. If it is MISB, he is nuts... :)

I'm sure none of those sets are new, he listed the lowest used Bricklink prices.
    I was offering to @brclark82 at a discount because It appears he is looking to enjoy them not flip them. The discount was generous because I would be unloading three gently used sets at once. I would rather not discount just one.

The instructions are in great condition. The TM box is not in good shape, it was damaged in shipping. The CC box is crumpled, but the GG box is in good condition. My offer to pay shipping would leave out the boxes, as they are rather large and costly to ship.

I am purchasing a new home and I am in need of some cash, so I will be listing a bunch of sets real soon.

@Renny,
    If @brclark82 passes feel free to contact me.

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited June 2012
    If this current ebay auction is any indicator, has GG MISB just passed the $700 mark as whole on the market?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-City-Green-Grocer-10185-NIB-huge-unopened-set-NEW-rare-/290732569371?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item43b102f31b#ht_500wt_1413

• Brick_ObsessionBrick_Obsession in a "Brick" house - Calgary, AlbertaMember Posts: 656
    I know this guy, lives down the road from me and he has a GG for 500.00

http://calgary.kijiji.ca/c-buy-and-sell-toys-games-Lego-Green-Grocer-10185-W0QQAdIdZ391522772
    There was a MISB on bricklink that sold for $485 less than 2 weeks ago, would have jumped on it if I wanted to spend that much but I don't really want to part with that much cash. I understand that it's worth at least that but that's why I'm trying to use a few sets to get the cost down...trade 2-300 worth of sets and give 2-300 in cash.
  • lluisgiblluisgib Barcelona (Spain)Member Posts: 225
    PM sent