Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[Amazon DE] 9446 Ninjago: Destiny's Bounty for €11.75 (plus a ton of shipping, but still 64% off)

MrBerreMrBerre Member Posts: 246
edited June 2012 in Shopping Elsewhere
If you check http://www.brickset.com/buy/DE/Amazon/ you'll currently see 9446 Ninjago: Destiny's Bounty at 64% off -- which would be a steal. Except it's even worse: €11.75 + €17.00 shipping. And that shipping is less relevant if you say... order four (the maximum). Which I've done: the total sum was €70.

I'll be amazed if it goes through, because this is obviously a major mistake.

See also: http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=3500

Comments

• atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Hmm, can't seem to put an order through even though it says there are 4 left. If you fancy offloading one of your four, let me know.
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 870
    I missed this in the Tesco melee yesterday, but clearly they've all gone now.

I hope you get your sets ... although I'm reminded of an earlier issue with a third party seller on amazon.co.uk (iwantoneofthose) whereby they submitted a price and product code but it attached to the wrong set - so it looked like a Black Pearl for £40 but instead they sent a technic model and had to return / refund everyone.
  • MrBerreMrBerre Member Posts: 246
    Current status: "Versandt - Lieferung voraussichtlich: 28. Juni 2012 - 16. Juli 2012"

I'm hoping it won't be a mistake like @luckyruss said (I remember that story), not in the least because I don't fancy writing complaints letters in German. ;-)
    Hmmm, just noticed this: "Neuer Verkäufer (Noch kein Feedback.)"
  • InnosInnos Member Posts: 2
    Hey, I grabbed those Ninjago ships as well, only on Wendsday, when it was available once again (I wasn't fast enough on Tuesday). I also noticed that this seller has no feedback yet, nor any other such price reductions, so there is some risk, that it might be some kind of mistake, like the one mentioned above. There is a number of different sets, that cost 11.75 that this seller offers, in different lines, like Hero Factory, Cars, Friends, Duplo. But I risked the purchase anyway, so we'll see ;-)
  • InnosInnos Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2012
    Little update - as guessed, it was a listing error and my order has been cancelled, so we're not lucky this time - but at least the error was revealed early, so it's only matter of sending money back and no other problems with returns etc.
    Now I'm even more curious as to what is on its way to me.
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 512
    ^Me too
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 512
    Nothing received, e-mailed them, said they'd been damaged in transit! They've issued a refund.
    I still haven't received anything, but Amazon is giving them until 16 July to deliver it to me. But I fear I will get the same response.
  • iBartiBart Member Posts: 121
    Do you get the DHL tracking number?
    I've contacted them and they've replied: "Sorry we had a problem with our listings and this was made as an error. We apologise and have refunded you your money." Ah well, too bad.
    edited July 2012
    Just saw that this incorrect low price is still used @ http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=9446-1 : in the "For Sale" tab it is Amazon GE's lowest price. IMHO @huw should remove that entry from the database, since it distorts the picture.