Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

US Online stores that ship to Europe

VithVith Member Posts: 31
edited April 2011 in Buying & Selling Topics
Are there any online stores that ship Lego sets to Europe? I ask because the dollar is so low that I could buy sets for like half the price.. Any ideas?

Comments

• atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Even if you found one, shipping costs and the potential for UK customs to slap import duty on it would seriously erode any saving on the purchase price.

You can order certain types of product from Amazon US and ship to the UK, I don't think that includes LEGO though.
  • MartinMartin Member Posts: 375
    ^ correct. Be sure to estimate all the potential costs before you decide whether the US is cheaper for you. I've looked several times and it usually works out more expensive in the end. The only things I import are BrickJournals.
  • VithVith Member Posts: 31
    Hmm you are right.. I totally forgot about possible import costs.. Thanks guys. :)
    I trade with people in the US to get hold of small US exclusives. It can also be worth it for some larger sets if there are some cracking 50%+ off deals since the US starting price is already so much lower than ours.

I'd suggest trying to build a small network of US friends that you can trade exclusives with, and here is great place to get in touch with those people.
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    ^ Speaking of which, anybody want The Brick Apple poly? I saw it for sale at the NYC store. I think it was like $10.
    edited April 2011
    ^ yes please!
  • bahnstormerbahnstormer Member Posts: 180
    I went to a PX recently and prices werent much different from amazon UK (even with 0 sales tax).

In theory you should be able to drive to the US within Europe within a few hours, being allowed in is a very different story :-)