Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Imperial Shuttle (10212) Reduced at Amazon

260madison260madison Member Posts: 50
edited June 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Lego Star Wars Imperial Shuttle (10212)
by LEGO
4.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (15 customer reviews) | Like (99)
List Price: $259.99
Price: $206.21
You Save: $53.78 (21%)
In Stock.
Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0041I0N9A/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=bargainwatchusa-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B0041I0N9A

Comments

• LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    Such a shame here in the UK the only place you can buy exclusives are on Lego's website or in Lego shops

How come the US seems to stock them almost everywhere? :s

Sort of defeats the point of sets being called exclusives if you ask me
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    Cheers. Stocking up now. Good price.
  • greygrey Member Posts: 9
    Aaaaaaaaand their gone. :\
  • greygrey Member Posts: 9
    Rather: "they're" :P
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,155
    They are back but only 7 left
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ Thanks. Had a $50 gift card I'd been meaning to use.
  • JT32JT32 BasingstokeMember Posts: 124
    Such a shame here in the UK the only place you can buy exclusives are on Lego's website or in Lego shops

How come the US seems to stock them almost everywhere? :s

Sort of defeats the point of sets being called exclusives if you ask me
    That's not true, you can buy exclusives from Amazon.co.uk and 10212 was even reduced (slightly) this week. For a better deal (and greater risk) I bought this set from Amazon.it and got it for £170 inc postage just a couple of months ago. Check out the amazon.it and .es threads for more info.

• SquareSideSquareSide Member Posts: 170
    Walmart has it at $206 online as well.
    US Amazon.com also has Town Hall up for only $189.99.. not a big discount but then again if you are in a state with no sales tax it still is Ok.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Just received 2 10210 Imperial Shuttles from Amazon. One of them was in perfect condition, unfortunately the other had a fist sized hole in the top, a partial tear in front and creasing all over. The box it arrived in was in rough shape and other than some simple brown paper for stuffing there was no other protection. Why don't companies insulate the packages from the bottom and top? I always do that when I sell items. It's like they are oblivious to any damage the box may sustain from any side other than the top.

Needless to say I already filed a return on the damaged set. Unfortunately because they are out of stock I am only able to get a refund and not an exchange. Ah well.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    ^ Give it 25 days or so, Amazon might well restock and then you can exchange it and keep the sale price, rather than return for a refund...
    Just received 2 10210 Imperial Shuttles from Amazon. One of them was in perfect condition, unfortunately the other had a fist sized hole in the top, a partial tear in front and creasing all over. The box it arrived in was in rough shape and other than some simple brown paper for stuffing there was no other protection. Why don't companies insulate the packages from the bottom and top? I always do that when I sell items. It's like they are oblivious to any damage the box may sustain from any side other than the top.

Needless to say I already filed a return on the damaged set. Unfortunately because they are out of stock I am only able to get a refund and not an exchange. Ah well.
    Ive noticed that Amazon seems to be getting worse with their packing, and or delivery service.. I got a Batman Joker set on sale via Amazon but it appears the side of the box got kicked in AND they shipping taped the snot out of it to try to make it look better than the contents did.. Mercifully you can exchange via Amazon electronically so no muss no fuss (although it kinda worries me that they have an automated process for stuff like this occurring.. usually means it happens a lot :-) ), all that is required is you hitting a PO, which stinks if you are not near one, or give to the Post man when you see him.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    After a little closer look, the outside shipping box while in rough shape didn't have any punctures in it. It looks like Amazon purposely shipped out a damaged set which is crazy. Only other explanation I can think of is that the box was so violently moved about that the bagged pieces pierced the box but a fist sized hole? Highly unlikely and the other set was perfect.

Thanks for the advice @LegoFanTexas but I think this set will probably go on sale again sometime before eol, I can always pick up another then. At least like @MadforLego said the return process is really user friendly.
  • BanditBandit Member Posts: 890
    I think sometimes the wage slaves who pack the boxes drop the item or somehow damage it in another way when they're packing it, or the pickers damage it when they're storing or taking it out of its bin in the warehouse. I've had instances of damage where that's the only feasible thing I can think of. Those people have to work so fast in terrible conditions just to keep from getting fired, I'm sure stuff like that happens all the time.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    Those people have to work so fast in terrible conditions just to keep from getting fired
    surely there is a fair amount of hyperbole in this statement... ?

edited June 2012
    Nope, not one bit. Go google the stories about working in amazon warehouses and such. They make Chinese factories sound like Disneyland.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    ^ You mean the conditions are poor and these people did not choose to work there? How were they rounded up?
    They chose to work there because they have no other options to feed themselves and their families, until they're fired for taking 30 seconds to pack a box, instead of 20 seconds anyway... Seriously, if you all are unaware of how the warehouses that Amazon and likely every other online retailer you buy Lego from uses, do yourself a favor and go google 'amazon warehouse working conditions'.
    edited June 2012
    did some googling. The heat/cold conditions should be addressed for sure. as for packing time/productivity, that's just smart business. If someone can't keep up with the standards that the rest of the workforce set, then they should be replaced after attempts to bring them up to speed do not succeed. I also gleaned this positive information from one of the articles:

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2017901782_amazonwarehouse04.html:
    In an industry that often offers scant benefits, Amazon provides full-time employees with stock shares after two years on the job, a matching 401(k) and health insurance.

By the numbers, Amazon's safety record stacks up well in an industry that has long been criticized for harsh working conditions and injuries.
    So, is it paradise? no. I sure wouldn't want to work there. but I wouldn't want to work in any pick/pack/ship warehouse anywhere. Doesn't sound like Amazon is an outlier in the industry by my reading. Can and should improvements be made to conditions? Absolutely. is it akin to a 3rd world sweatship? not even close.

I guess many of those people will find something new to be unhappy about when they are replaced by robots though:
    http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2012/03/20/amazon_aquired_warehouse_robot_firm_nbsp_.html
    ^ Here's a great story: http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2012/02/mac-mcclelland-free-online-shipping-warehouses-labor
    just read the whole thing. sounds awful.

• sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    US Amazon.com also has Town Hall up for only $189.99.. not a big discount but then again if you are in a state with no sales tax it still is Ok.
    Fire Brigade, Pet Shop, and Grand Emporium are all at $139.99 on Amazon as well.

I guess many of those people will find something new to be unhappy about when they are replaced by robots though:
    So true. Better there be no job at all than to have uncomfortable working conditions :P
    Fire Brigade, Pet Shop, and Grand Emporium are all at $139.99 on Amazon as well.
    Saw that.. hoping the prices go lower.. especially for PS.

• hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    Is it me, or is PetShop a perfect set for modding and filling in a city block?
    It's you :P
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Diagon Alley also down to $139.99
    Is it me, or is PetShop a perfect set for modding and filling in a city block?
    It is if it were cheaper than $150 :-)
  • SecretjediSecretjedi Member Posts: 175
    Tempted to go the Amazon.it route myself, but have heard a few horror stories about damaged boxes. Unusual as I have never had a problem with any Amazon I have ever used. Their packaging is usually superb.

• hippoeaterhippoeater Member Posts: 30
    I purchased one from Amazon.com a few months ago and it was in mint condition upon arrival.

Amazon does not currently offer the IS - do you think it's end of days are nearing? Especially with the potential announcement of the B-Wing UCS?
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,013
    Secretjedi: I think I got the worst Shuttle from Amazon.it, beaten up, burst open and just slightly incomplete (missing the cockpit window). The gauge of the outer Amazon carton was very thin for its span, not completely the carriers fault for the damage.