Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Amazon - Helm's Deep nearly 20% off

Comments

• chrisdojochrisdojo Member Posts: 169
    Looks like I'll be taking my LEGO store purchase back!
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,479
    That is a good deal for those that missed B&N, Thanks for the heads up @hoyatables
    LEGO IS is now on Amazon for 207 bucks (in US)
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 873
    Yes, jut noticed that and was about to post as well. Other items also on sale - including new X-Wing for $44.28. Wonder whether they are matching a sale or just trying to move stock.

The IS deal is as good as the Target deal last week. I think I paid exactly the same amount, after tax.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    not even close really - $207 vs $180 (AAA and Red card discounts) is a pretty large difference

• sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ Yep, was just going to post that. Good deal, but the Target deal was great. Had 5% rewards at one of the rebate sites too I believe at the time.
    Fair enough. It was 189.51 for me after discounts (Redcard and AAA) and taxes. I still think it is pretty close to the current Amazon deal -- $207, full stop. Target was better but the Amazon deal isn't too shabby.
    $18 is an additional off 7% of the RRP - that's pretty substantial. For those who pay the same tax in both cases, the savings come closer to $26, which is an additional 10% off RRP. Neither number is anything to scoff at.

The biggest point is that everyone's situation is different (taxes, other discounts, etc), which is why I don't like using blanket statements when comparing deals.
    Ok, fair enough. Don't see why you need to be so snippy about it. Particularly given that not everyone was a RedCard or AAA member and therefore would have paid about the same amount under either deal. Just trying to help others out.

^ sorry, not trying to be snippy. Guess I'm just a stickler for accuracy. I don't see the need to try and compare deal X to deal Y - each deal has it's own set of variables, and taxes vary widely by person and vendor. So, just seems simpler to post the specifics and allow everyone to draw their own conclusions as to how it compares to some other deal for their specific circumstances.
    I agree with @hoyatables.. for those can will not, or cannot, find every possible discount to use in conjunction with a sale, this is a good deal.. no muss no fuss... just go and click to buy.
    Plus there is the chance that the sale on Amazon is increased and causes the IS to go lower in price.

• YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    ^ I agree that your tone is coming across as aggressive, if not outright unfriendly. And all because he thought the two deals were pretty equivalent?

If you really want to split hairs, you should not even be discussing "rebates" sites here as it's against Forum policy since they compete with our only income; affiliate marketing.
  • andystarandystar Member Posts: 275
    ^^ Amazon price matched Walmart on the Imperial Shuttle so I think the chances of it going lower are low. I do wonder if there is any meaning in the fact that two large retailers, walmart and target, have had sales on the IS very close together.
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,098
    What's crazy is that the main reason I want the IS is because I also own 10210 and 10211. There's a trifecta of great Lego engineering with these three sets. Anyone else agree?
    ^ I agree that your tone is coming across as aggressive, if not outright unfriendly. And all because he thought the two deals were pretty equivalent?
    If you really want to split hairs, you should not even be discussing "rebates" sites here as it's against Forum policy since they compete with our only income; affiliate marketing.
    upon reflection, you are right. I was out of line, and I apologize @hoyatables. Thanks for posting the information to begin with.

For the record, I don't believe I posted any rebate site information, @Yellowcastle, but please let me know if I did.

• sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Does Brickset have an affiliate relationship with Target? If so, the AAA and RedCard can stack with it. They don't compete with it.
    No worries on my end. I could have been more careful in my wording as well. It was not "as good" a deal!