Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Ridiculous eBay Auctions

1686970717274»

Comments

• CaptainRogersCaptainRogers Greensboro, NCMember Posts: 739
    Man, it would be hilarious if that tiny set sold for more than MSRP of The Upside Down.
    ChromideSumoLegoKoolbrix2018
  • KaitchKaitch N. IrelandMember Posts: 372
    Wouldn't be surprised if it did.
  • ChromideChromide Ssi-ruuvi ImperiumMember Posts: 62

Looks like someone thinks their 75105 is a 10179......
  • eMJeeNLeMJeeNL The NetherlandsMember Posts: 424
    Wait what, those are stickers? I guess i could justify these insane prices if the two tiles were printed, but for 2 STICKERS? Tjeez.
    Chromide
  • FuddruckusFuddruckus Member Posts: 28
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/LEGO-4000034-Inside-Tour-2019-Set-Lego-System-House-PDF-Instructions-Only/163780024531

Someone is selling .pdf copies of the 2019 Inside Tour instructions for $15.  This file was available for free directly from Lego for several weeks.  I've reported the listing and encourage others to do the same because this person should not profit from a free .pdf file. It might violate eBay's Digitally Delivered Goods Policy, 

I downloaded the instructions when they were shared on the Lego server. Here's a compressed version for anyone who wants it--the original is 90MB and the forum limits uploads to 52MB--and I encourage you share it elsewhere so people don't get duped by this seller.
    Pitfall69Kerre
  • ChromideChromide Ssi-ruuvi ImperiumMember Posts: 62
    That seller also is selling some other pdf instructions for other similar sets as well.
  • mattytreksmattytreks San Diego, CAMember Posts: 148
    This auction-style listing just ended a few minutes ago, and rapidly increased several hundred dollars in the closing moments.

This is for the packaging only, people...

As an avid SDCC attendee and collector, I am at a total loss for words on this one.  Shocking price.

KungFuKennyPyrobugChromideSumoLegoFizyxBaby_Yodakiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,933
    ^ Anyone want to take bets on that auction being cancelled or the item being returned?
    FizyxKungFuKennyBaby_Yodakiki180703M1J0E
  • KaitchKaitch N. IrelandMember Posts: 372
    Could be someone has a bootleg, and needs the packaging to pretend it's genuine.
  • mattytreksmattytreks San Diego, CAMember Posts: 148
    Kaitch said:
    Could be someone has a bootleg, and needs the packaging to pretend it's genuine.
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

I mean, you can't fault the seller for wanting to make a buck, but it's now entirely plausible for this buyer to turn right around and dupe a would-be buyer with authentic packaging and an inauthentic minifigure.

On a related note, this has got to be the most valuable packaging in the history of all LEGO products, lol!
    PyrobugBaby_Yoda