Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Ridiculous eBay Auctions

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,835
    ^No white rangefinder, no deal.
    Pitfall69MAGNINOMINISUMBRASumoLegoIceCreamCloneSprinkleOtterBaby_Yodakiki180703Mynatt
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,443
    It's been put together, and cant be mint. How could it have the 100% grade?
    dmcc0SprinkleOtterkiki180703
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,375
    CCC said:
    30 sets, at $40K, so over $1000 a set. For unknown sets and "several" not to be remembered super heroes.

That is a "I don't really want to sell it" price.
    ...but it has the hard to find "Indian Jones"

Exactly!!! Man, that "joke" is more played than the "beat a dead horse"meme on here. It still makes me smile though :)

gmonkey76 said:
    It's been put together, and cant be mint. How could it have the 100% grade?
    Oh man; couldn't be more correct unless you were UK Graded Gold!!! Once a minifigure is put together, it is no longer brand new/mint. Now, I know there's the old argument about Minifigures that are put together at the factory, but even the, I wouldn't consider that mint either. If you can't sell a set as brand new if it has already been put together; how can you say that a Minifigure is Brand New/Mint if that has been put together? 

dmcc0GothamConstructionCoBumblepantsSumoLegogmonkey76SprinkleOtterBaby_Yodakiki180703
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,835
    Pitfall69 said:
    Exactly!!! Man, that "joke" is more played than the "beat a dead horse"meme on here. It still makes me smile though :)

It's an older meme but it still checks out [returnofthejedishuttle.jpg]
    Pitfall69SumoLegoVorpalRyuBaby_Yodasid3windrGothamConstructionCokiki180703
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 988
    AFA graded LEGO = superwanktastic.  I've asked this dozens of times without a suitable (if any) response. Who grades it and what qualification do they have to do so?
    The most fun thing about white rangefinder memes is the amount of us that were here to witness it's birth...

VorpalRyudavetheoxygenmankiki180703
    ^I remember that day like it was yesterday  :)

For Reference:
    https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/comment/353104#Comment_353104
    VorpalRyudavetheoxygenmanBaby_Yodakiki180703
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,818
    AFA graded LEGO = superwanktastic.  I've asked this dozens of times without a suitable (if any) response. Who grades it and what qualification do they have to do so?

Being able to con someone into paying real money for grading something is proof enough of their qualification to grade that thing.
    VorpalRyuSprinkleOtterMAGNINOMINISUMBRAkiki180703Fizyx
    Pitfall69 said:

Nothing wrong with beating a dead horse, I got promoted for that once ...

https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/comment/181591#Comment_181591

Pitfall69VorpalRyudavetheoxygenmanBumblepantsMAGNINOMINISUMBRAkiki180703
  • Baby_YodaBaby_Yoda The world's backsideMember Posts: 1,229
    Pitfall69 said:
    ^I remember that day like it was yesterday  :)

For Reference:
    https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/comment/353104#Comment_353104
    That thread deserves a place in the museum at the Lego House.
    BumblepantsMAGNINOMINISUMBRA
    I do have to admit - I get the giggles every time I see a Boba Fett Statue (usually based off McQUarrie concepts) that actually DOES have a white rangefinder!  And yes, they are out there...
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 384
    From BrickTsar’s latest stupid listing video:

Bumblepantsstluxkiki180703
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,473
    oldtodd33 said:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Lego-bulk-lots-Star-Wars-Indiana-Jones-Minecraft-100-Minifig-superheroes-robin/192558247138?hash=item2cd55dace2:g:R0UAAOSwfCpbFJ2V

A good price for 75 pounds and 30 sets. Too bad he can't be troubled to retake the minifigure pictures.
    I love how he had so many pictures of the “men” that he filled up the cloud ;)
    oldtodd33
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,731
    SumoLego said:
    I looked at this listing and initially thought it was a Sandcrawler I'd never seen before...

Thanks, @SumoLego. I'm now the proud owner of two exclusive Hoth Sandcrawlers...
    SumoLegokiki180703
    From BrickTsar’s latest stupid listing video:

What a great idea ;)
    BumblepantsSprinkleOtterSumoLegoOnebricktoomanykiki180703
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 11,944
    Should the top be completely made of trans-yellow bricks?  Otherwise, it's a bit dim.
    SprinkleOttersid3windrdmcc0mak0137Onebricktoomanykiki180703
  • blokey9blokey9 MelbourneMember Posts: 106
    it's an abstract work, hence all the different colors. and if you zoom out far enough, you will see a picture.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/-/312170611459?nordt=true&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l10137

Someone didn't know what they had. Unidentified 7.5lb job lot!

SumoLegoMAGNINOMINISUMBRABaby_YodaLittleLorikiki180703MynattGlacierfalls265
    CCC said:
    Someone didn't know what they had. Unidentified 7.5lb job lot!
    Sacré bleu!
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRAdatsunrobbiekiki180703
    ^^ And this why loose lots are becoming so damn expensive - that seller (if someone hasn't explained what they DID have) is going to pay over the odds on every loose lot of LEGO they ever come across again and, in all probabability, price future lots accordingly and wonder why they couldn't bottle lightning twice...
    SprinkleOtterkiki180703
    If you read it, it was a donation to a goodwill type store.

Loose lots become expensive since so many people want them.
    SumoLego
  • samtheqsamtheq USAMember Posts: 47
    I will bite, what was the unidentified job lot?

Johnyk668andhe
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,416
    ^ #10181 Eiffel Tower. 
    SumoLegokiki180703andhe
    oldtodd33 said:
    ^ #10181 Eiffel Tower. 
    Sshhhhh! Now everyone is gonna know!
    Switchfoot55gmonkey76Baby_Yodasid3windrkiki180703
    I have enough trouble paying attention to the lots I AM bidding on. 
      And I think we're looking down different ends of the same kaleidoscope.
      So many people want loose lots because they percieve them to be of much greater VALUE than what they are, which in turn makes them more expensive.
    You won't convince me it's based on volume.
  • samtheqsamtheq USAMember Posts: 47
    I've had awful experience with Goodwill auctions, always going stupidly high.  I know in another thread, I read of people's suspicions that any sizable amount of Lego is sent from the local stores to be auctioned, and I'm starting to believe it.
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,626
    ^No thank you. Not at that price! >.<
  • alaskaguyalaskaguy Member Posts: 333
    edited July 2018
    samtheq said:
    I've had awful experience with Goodwill auctions, always going stupidly high.  I know in another thread, I read of people's suspicions that any sizable amount of Lego is sent from the local stores to be auctioned, and I'm starting to believe it.
    People are bidding what they're willing to pay. Just because they're willing to pay more than you are doesn't mean they're "stupidly high". It probably just means you have unrealistic expectations.

Now, I HAVE seen sellers on Goodwill starting auctions at a stupidly high price...which I will define as being more than you would pay at Amazon for the same thing, brand new, with free shipping.  Now that's just ridiculous.
    edited July 2018
    ^It is odd that all of his minifigures are without their packaging. 
  • KaitchKaitch N. IrelandMember Posts: 375
    ^On some of his sales, he mentions "personal collection", which to me indicates he's selling his personal collection, and if he'd taken them out of packaging at time of purchase...
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,416
    I would expect that anyone who knowingly bought SDCC merchandise would have been smart enough to have kept the packaging. Since there are no pictures of it, I would be very doubtful of their authenticity. 
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRASumoLegokiki180703stluxgmonkey76sid3windrPitfall69
    edited July 2018
    ( @samiam391 would probably be able to do a cursory review...)
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 762
    There is a long shot that someone opened the packaging not really knowing what the exclusive minifigure was in terms of value, but then found out at a later date. I got the impression at least 2 of the original Lester winners in the Leicester Square Store opening when I was queuing up had no idea what they'd won. Still, it's a long shot and risky business...
    Baby_Yoda
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,296
    definitely not the best looking versions of captain america and iron man
  • Th1nDieselTh1nDiesel UKMember Posts: 547
    Also odd that they're listed as SDCC 2012 when they were from the New York Toy Fair; almost like the seller doesn't quite know what they have. Definitely buyer beware!
    gmonkey76VorpalRyu
    I'd thought they were actually from a Nuremburg Toy Fair.
    edited July 2018
    I don't know how many staff got that weren't packaged. Kevin Hinkle has sold two lots of unpackaged ones in the last couple of months:

And another ongoing:

Of course, it may be that the first one was not paid for.

His auctions are always interesting, even if just to see how many business card minifigures and managers' conference minifigures he has in stock.

• The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 762
    edited July 2018
    One of the Bali Padda business card minifigs sold for £520 a few weeks ago on EBay, wondering whether I should shift mine for that kind of money - but it is a nice record of the short period that Bali was CEO (at least, to me). He couldn't come and talk to the Inside Tour group in person because he was chatting to the fan media days at the time though which did peeve some people.
  • UmandraugUmandraug Doomstadt, LatveriaMember Posts: 69
    SumoLego said:
    Although this is a Craigslist listing... blurry photos are the hallmark of a great bargain!

And only one of those boxes is from a Star Wars set.  But, 'mostly' is more of a qualitive word, rather than a quantity word... I think.

I can't tell if someone is sleeping on that couch.
    Maybe it’s most of a Star Wars set?
    SprinkleOtter
    samiam391 said:
    SumoLego said:
    ( @samiam391 would probably be able to do a cursory review...)
    I actually can; I know this seller.

Do NOT buy from this seller.

He has tried (and sadly successfully to other people) sold minifigures that can be strongly suspected as being fake. I can't really go into it further due to privacy reasons of other people, but he has also tried selling figures he claims are "limited edition" and "rare" that turned out to have never even been made by LEGO (sleuthing done by yours truly). 

Just don't do it folks, he's a bad egg.
    I'm just curious; how does he have a 100% feedback rating? Has nobody ever complained that they were sold fake items?
    SumoLego
    Knowing how much @SumoLego likes to study background details - that picture must be breaking his brain...
    LuLegoBaby_YodaSumoLegodmcc0SprinkleOttergmonkey76Mynattkiki180703
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,296
    looks like a bunch of city and chima box. and I guess one black star wars box
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what those NY Toy Fair figures really are worth? Other than "whatever you're willing to pay for them".
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,461
    SumoLego said:
    Although this is a Craigslist listing... blurry photos are the hallmark of a great bargain!

And only one of those boxes is from a Star Wars set.  But, 'mostly' is more of a qualitive word, rather than a quantity word... I think.

I can't tell if someone is sleeping on that couch.
    From the additional pix I'm pretty sure I can see

can't make out the two larger City sets, the Friends set. The 3 "cans" on the far left look like Creator, probably #6742, #4915, and #6910
    Kaitch said:
    Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what those NY Toy Fair figures really are worth? Other than "whatever you're willing to pay for them".
    Probably $0.01 or $4.99 as those sorts of values are often used by LEGO for gifts, especially the former.
    ...a set of limited run, 2012 NY Toy Fair figures, are today worth one cent USD?