Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Ridiculous eBay Auctions

1606163656675

Comments

  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,817
    The baseboard heaters need a coat of paint.
    Pitfall69
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405
    I actually shook my head because nasenoard heat is so expensive. 
  • LuLegoLuLego UKMember Posts: 975

    oldtodd33 said:



    Great photo of their toilet.
    oldtodd33
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,496
    @Pitfall69  The reason nasenoard heat is so expensive is because it's so rare and parts are hard to get a hold of.
    Pitfall69ricecake
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405

    oldtodd33 said:

    @Pitfall69  The reason nasenoard heat is so expensive is because it's so rare and parts are hard to get a hold of.


    Hahaha. Yeah...
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,130

    Googi said:



    sid3windr said:


    Assuming you paid with paypal you'll end up with an AAALEGO set and your money back... :-)




    Yea...I didn't....I know that I am paying to the seller's paypal account though. Regardless, gonna try for a refund through Ebay money back guarantee.

    A good lesson, now I know my control of impulse buying is much weaker than I would like it to be.


    What was that seller blathering on about... in the description he put this unnecessary info....
    To be able to understand why LEGO has been successful for so long, just look to the name. LEGO originally got its name from founder Ole Kirk Christiansen who combed the Danish words Leg Got which means play well . He later realized that LEGO in Latin translates to I put together. The LEGO set became a standard of creative play for children worldwide, unlocking the creativity to build vehicles, buildings, cities and more. Historians point to the invention of the wheel as a major turning point in world history. The invention of the LEGO wheel had the same monumental effect in the history of LEGO , making it possible to create cars, trucks and eventually the LEGO train building set that is one of the most successful LEGO sets of all time. LEGO currently produces about 20 billion LEGO bricks a year and has sold over 400 billion LEGOs in their history -- enough for every person on the planet to have over 60 LEGOs each!

    CaptainLegojosekalelsnowhitie
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742

    oldtodd33 said:



    That ship looks off to me...
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,817
    It has a Time Cruisers / Sea Cow feel to it.

    And this is my third discussion relating to Aquazone in two days.  Very odd!

    #6190 - Aquasharks Crystal Cave?
    catwrangler
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742

    SumoLego said:

    It has a Time Cruisers / Sea Cow feel to it.

    And this is my third discussion relating to Aquazone in two days.  Very odd!

    #6190 - Aquasharks Crystal Cave?

    Look at the "minifig"'s arms and legs. Also, the sails. Seem fake to me.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,496




      The whole thing looks off. Who would take pictures of items they're selling on their toilet?
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,259
    I think it is more likely they are just an odd person rather than a deliberate attempt to deceive with fakes. If there are clones in that collection it is probably from ignorance and not malice.
  • GoogiGoogi AustraliaMember Posts: 3
    edited May 2017
    monkeyhanger, thanks for the advice. Just a quick update, the seller replied saying that "this item is LEGO"! Another seller (same person, different account, selling super cheap Lego star wars set as well) also replied that "this product is 100% authentic, please rest assured to buy". This is...comforting...? Heck no I am still real skeptical!



  • catwranglercatwrangler Northern IrelandMember Posts: 1,851
    Those sets are covered in dust. If the stuff is fake then it's fake stuff that's been left in an attic in open boxes for dust to accumulate on it, which seems like an absurd amount of effort to go to. 
    Kerre
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,405


    Those sets are covered in dust. If the stuff is fake then it's fake stuff that's been left in an attic in open boxes for dust to accumulate on it, which seems like an absurd amount of effort to go to. 


    I don't think the seller is trying to deceive anyone, but there are a few things that aren't Lego. I don't know what's up with that Pirate Ship? The house is more vintage than the Lego ;)
    SumoLegogmonkey76catwrangler
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 2,749
    "I want to sell some stuff on eBay. I need a neutral background for the photos. I know! The toilet!"
    SumoLegogmonkey76Jackad7
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,817
    It makes for a very neutral color palette.
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 385


    Istokg said:





    Googi said:







    sid3windr said:




    Assuming you paid with paypal you'll end up with an AAALEGO set and your money back... :-)








    Yea...I didn't....I know that I am paying to the seller's paypal account though. Regardless, gonna try for a refund through Ebay money back guarantee.

    A good lesson, now I know my control of impulse buying is much weaker than I would like it to be.






    What was that seller blathering on about... in the description he put this unnecessary info....
    To be able to understand why LEGO has been successful for so long, just look to the name. LEGO originally got its name from founder Ole Kirk Christiansen who combed the Danish words Leg Got which means play well . He later realized that LEGO in Latin translates to I put together. The LEGO set became a standard of creative play for children worldwide, unlocking the creativity to build vehicles, buildings, cities and more. Historians point to the invention of the wheel as a major turning point in world history. The invention of the LEGO wheel had the same monumental effect in the history of LEGO , making it possible to create cars, trucks and eventually the LEGO train building set that is one of the most successful LEGO sets of all time. LEGO currently produces about 20 billion LEGO bricks a year and has sold over 400 billion LEGOs in their history -- enough for every person on the planet to have over 60 LEGOs each!



    Makes a good sales pitch I guess.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,817
    That's when Master Nike fought Darth Reebok over LeBron James.
    preveregmonkey76ricecakeBumblepantsYodaliciouscatwranglerAstrobricks
  • AyliffeAyliffe the UK innit?Member Posts: 308

    SumoLego said:

    That's when Master Nike fought Darth Reebok over LeBron James.


    ...so Space Jam?
    SumoLegoricecakeprevere
  • Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 521
    Stumbled across this gem while browsing lego related fields. http://www.ebay.com/itm/262947563328


    Bumblepantssid3windrcatwranglerCaptainLegosnowhitiekbenjesDoctorMcGann
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,891
    We'll, if he made the track team, that makes it this totally believable. I mean come on only like 10 out of 10 people make the track team.
    SumoLegoSprinkleOtterJackad7Bumblepantsgmonkey76YodaliciousCaptainLegoMynattDoctorMcGann
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,742
    ^ 9 out of 10 if @SumoLego is in the running.
    Jackad7SumoLegosid3windrprevereCaptainLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,817
    I'm definitely number 11.  Unless there is a shot-put or javelin.  (Then I'm probably number 12!)
    CaptainLego
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,430
    I say, if he can sell it, then it definitely brings luck.
    sid3windrdanstraindepotCraig_BCaptainLego
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,460
    It's not the auction here, but the buyers ...

    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/21-Packs-X-4-Cards-84-cards-CREATE-THE-WORLD-LEGO-SAINSBURYS-TRADING-CARDS-/263003007279?hash=item3d3c33692f:g:10EAAOSwblZZH3Uv&autorefresh=true

    These are 50p a pack (for the retail packs), aren't they? Why pay £1 per pack ...?

  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,891
    The phrases Lego and trading cards should never be put together. Makes me feel yucky inside.
    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,817
    prevere said:
    The phrases Lego and trading cards should never be put together. Makes me feel yucky inside.
    'Special Limited Edition'!
    prevereMattDawson
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,130
    SumoLego said:
    prevere said:
    The phrases Lego and trading cards should never be put together. Makes me feel yucky inside.
    'Special Limited Edition'!
    "Collectible"....... :-O
    SumoLegoMattDawson
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,204
    Istokg said:
    SumoLego said:

    'Special Limited Edition'!
    "Collectible"....... :-O
    *cue laughter followed by coughing fit*
    SumoLegoBumblepants
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 385
    Jackad7 said:
    Stumbled across this gem while browsing lego related fields. http://www.ebay.com/itm/262947563328


    He should have put that it might enable you to get a Green Grocer without paying $800+

    Would have sold by now haha.
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,669
    HA! Do they really think people are going to buy a "lucky marble". 
    CaptainLego
  • nwr122nwr122 GlasgowMember Posts: 137


    Not quite eBay but ridiculous nonetheless 
    SumoLego
  • HugeYellowBrickHugeYellowBrick At my PCMember Posts: 496

    **NEW** MINECRAFT The Mountain Cave 21137, VIP PRE ORDER, WILL BE SHIPPING 27/06

    • £379.01
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/272678255485?clk_rvr_id=1233092875001&vectorid=229508&lgeo=1&item=272678255485&rmvSB=true

    And I thought it was expensive at LEGO shop online.
  • IceCreamCloneIceCreamClone Chicago-ishMember Posts: 71
    @HugeYellowBrick I love how they think people who are wanting this set won't know that if you are a vip, you can get it earlier and cheaper anyway.
  • JudgeChuckJudgeChuck UKMember Posts: 1,166
    ^Is there no limit to people's willingness to rip other people off for a few quid? Conversely, is there no limit to people's willingness to *be* ripped off? ;-)
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,550
    @HugeYellowBrick I love how they think people who are wanting this set won't know that if you are a vip, you can get it earlier and cheaper anyway.
    All it takes is one uninformed buyer. Scalpers like ToyWiz regularly advertise ridiculous markups on Walmart.com - they had the Saturn V listed for over $700 the day before release, and usually resell the Black Friday Lego promos for 3 to 4 times the Black Friday price.
    SumoLegoIceCreamClone
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,817
    ^ That's some old-fashioned profiteering!
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 446
    For the collector who wants only the best money can buy.
    BumblepantsJackad7
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,817
    ^ Oooo... it's a set in a cardboard box in a plastic box.  Someday, it'll be in a toy museum.
    SprinkleOtterJackad7
  • dspigeldspigel Seoul, KoreaMember Posts: 446
    Who knew that #75036 was such a solid investment?
    SprinkleOtterJackad7BumblepantsCaptainLegogmonkey76
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,797
    ^"Includes 4 new blasters that really"

    that really WHAT!??!??! This could totally be worth it if the description was complete.

    Oh well, I guess I'll pass. Their loss.
    SprinkleOtterJackad7dspigelSumoLegosid3windrCaptainLego
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,130
    About 50 Euros per piece.... such a deal!! :-O
    SprinkleOtter
  • CaptainLegoCaptainLego FloridaMember Posts: 385
    ^"Includes 4 new blasters that really"

    that really WHAT!??!??! This could totally be worth it if the description was complete.

    Oh well, I guess I'll pass. Their loss.
    Ikr? I hate cliffhangers :(
  • Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 521
    Here's a good one.


    I love how he responded to 'seems legit' with a message trying to convince he's legit xD 
    SumoLegoMynatt
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,550
    ^Smells like a scam. second image is watermarked from @drdavewatford's website.

    SumoLego
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 12,817
    Any time there is an emoticon, it must be true.

    (Sarcasm is implied.)
    Jackad7
Sign In or Register to comment.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.