Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Ridiculous eBay Auctions

Comments

• bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,323
    ^ oh I don't know, if the UCS box is that much it explains the set contents. ;)
  • xwingpilotxwingpilot UKMember Posts: 797
    ^ And it's the only bit of the product that has anything UCS about it...
    Jackad7kiki180703bobabricks
  • chrisalddinchrisalddin UKMember Posts: 3,024
    Tkatt said:
    someone just worked out how ripped off they was by getting that set and are now trying to make some money back any way they can,
    MattDawsonkiki180703bobabricks
  • SweepyDSweepyD USMember Posts: 78
    I'll ignore the actual cost and mention the $ 11.00 for shipping an empty box...
    MattDawsonJackad7kiki180703
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,758
    ^ Which isn't unreasonable- that thing is huge...
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,837
    ^ You're joking!  The box is the most valuable part of the set.  ;)
  • ToddMyersToddMyers Cincinnati, OHMember Posts: 403
    SweepyD said:
    I'll ignore the actual cost and mention the $ 11.00 for shipping an empty box...
    $11 does not surprise me at all -- USPS will likely use dimensional weight instead of actual weight for a package like this.  It's one of the reasons why selling empty boxes is usually a losing proposition.
  • SweepyDSweepyD USMember Posts: 78
    Oh no I understand that the dim weights hits it, I just have the idea of throw that sucker in a big ass envelope and ship it flat.  :)  

Then again while I will keep a box and protect it, I'm not going to worry about buying one, so I don't have 100% appreciation like someone else would on this.
    SweepyD said:
    Oh no I understand that the dim weights hits it, I just have the idea of throw that sucker in a big ass envelope and ship it flat.  :)  

Then again while I will keep a box and protect it, I'm not going to worry about buying one, so I don't have 100% appreciation like someone else would on this.
    Envelope doesn't matter- if you're shipping cross-country, then you are charge extra for any dimensions over 12 inches.
  • Jackad7Jackad7 Wisconsin Member Posts: 555
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/162070804124

It could be that it's spring and the carp are spawning but something smells fishy...

Does anyone know anything about these?
  • MattDawsonMattDawson Solihull, UKMember Posts: 1,368
    They've cropped up in several places. From what I can see, the parts are genuine lego, but the torso is a custom print. He doesn't even appear like that in the game! 
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,414
    I'm guessing one of two things, either...

Someone with connections to a Mexico factory found a prototype nurse Joker figure worth a fortune.

Or

Someone took a joker head and hair and white legs and stuck them on a random lab coat torso. And made 8 of them.

Although, to be fair, I'm having trouble finding that torso in the Bricklink database. It's not too friendly on mobile. Anyone care to provide?
    SumoLego
  • kiki180703kiki180703 Montreal, CanadaMember Posts: 1,064
    @samiam391 I didn't find the torso on Bricklink.

I'm guessing it's either...

What the seller said. (Connections to Mexico)

OR

The torso is a custom print.

I think the second option is more likely because, if we look closely, we can see paint smudges around the buttons on the coat. I may not be right though.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,241
    I can't imagine Lego is about to start making a nurse joker based on a movie that came out eight years ago. Has to be a custom/cash grab
    SumoLegokiki180703Jackad7
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    samiam391 said:

Someone with connections to a Mexico factory found a prototype nurse Joker figure worth a fortune.
    I very much doubt that you get prototypes being produced in Mexico, especially those that haven't turned up from other sources and that aren't of particular local interest. Billund, yes. Kladno, yes. Mexico, no.
  • SumoLegoSumoLego New YorkMember Posts: 14,880
    I'm passing on this.  I'm not sure where insinuating that these are stolen should really bolster their authenticity.

Uh... they made these years ago for an... uh... unreleased set with Harvey Dent... uh... I know a guy in Mexico... uh... all real Lego parts...
    kiki180703Jackad7
    edited May 2016
    TigerMoth said:
    samiam391 said:

I very much doubt that you get prototypes being produced in Mexico, especially those that haven't turned up from other sources and that aren't of particular local interest. Billund, yes. Kladno, yes. Mexico, no.
    It's because you don't. My entire post was completely sarcastic, but I may not have worded it well enough for it to come off that way. :)
    SumoLego
    #6399 Airport Shuttle only going for £60? BARGAIN! 

... now watch the price increase dramatically... mind you, it looks to be missing stanchions, motor, unit underframe and bogies at bare minimum...
  • TigerMothTigerMoth Member Posts: 2,343
    samiam391 said:
    TigerMoth said:
    samiam391 said:

It's because you don't. My entire post was completely sarcastic, but I may not have worded it well enough for it to come off that way. :)
    The seller wasn't being sarcastic. He was seriously trying to sell that lie.
    TigerMoth said:
    samiam391 said:
    TigerMoth said:
    samiam391 said:

The seller wasn't being sarcastic. He was seriously trying to sell that lie.
    I never said that he was not :)
    kiki180703SumoLego
  • RogerKirkRogerKirk BrightonMember Posts: 365
    I this a fake Ursula minifigure being passed off a legitimate, in a re-sealed bag?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Lego-minifigures-series-16-URSULA-/331855207339?hash=item4d441c9bab:g:VWkAAOSwdV1XNfCF

Quality in the picture is terrible, but the seller has otherwise decent feedback.
    @RogerKirk I'm almost 100% positive that this is a fake. Just search an image of the real one and it's wayyyy different.
    I didn't think Ursla could get more ugly than she already was... but seller dazzer123456789 has proven me wrong.
    Jackad7SprinkleOtterkiki180703Pitfall69Rainstorm26
  • happyskunkyhappyskunky Michigan Member Posts: 133
    edited May 2016
    The level of [email protected]#$% some of these Ebay sellers spew is mind boggling.   "  There is also a  probability that you will receive a Mr. Gold in your lot "  LMAO

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-RARE-Random-Lego-Series-Minifigure-Mr-Gold-Popular-Item-/262413178952?

Pitfall69SumoLego
    "I got rid of all the lower value ones so I raised the price." And where do you suppose all the lower value figures went? To the poor saps that wasted their money before you!
  • ricecakericecake Maryland, USAMember Posts: 879
    "  There is also a  probability that you will receive a Mr. Gold in your lot "
    Well, 0 is a probability.
    ricecake said:
    "  There is also a  probability that you will receive a Mr. Gold in your lot "
    Well, 0 is a probability.
    With a 100% probability of receiving a skydiver and mechanic. 
    The level of [email protected]#$% some of these Ebay sellers spew is mind boggling.   "  There is also a  probability that you will receive a Mr. Gold in your lot "  LMAO

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TWO-RARE-Random-Lego-Series-Minifigure-Mr-Gold-Popular-Item-/262413178952?

So he opened all of them, but will send you the Mr.Gold anyway? Amazing!
    MattDawson
  • FauchFauch FranceMember Posts: 2,585
    of course, when all the lower values are gone and only the cream of the cream remains. 

Jackad7kiki180703VorpalRyu
  • happyskunkyhappyskunky Michigan Member Posts: 133

Sent him a message warning him the level of cow dung hes spewing might have farmers knocking on his door wanting to move in.
    Jackad7SprinkleOtterkiki180703catwranglerVorpalRyu

Sent him a message warning him the level of cow dung hes spewing might have farmers knocking on his door wanting to move in.
    If you really did that, please post his response (if there is one).
    SumoLegocatwrangler
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,445
    I am wondering when fake German Soccer Players start showing up?
    VorpalRyu
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 795
    Fake Mannshaft? Some people are into that. 
    Pitfall69SumoLegokiki180703ricecakeVorpalRyubandit778CaptainLego
    Fake manshaft? Aren't those called....whoops wrong manschaft.
    VorpalRyu
    Pitfall69 said:
    I am wondering when fake German Soccer Players start showing up?
    The real ones need to show up first.  Can't copy them that quickly!
    VorpalRyu
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,445
    It may just be a rumor,  but I heard they are inserting  random minifigures of this guy in each box of German CMF's. He's like Mr. GOLD 
    SumoLegoJackad7VorpalRyubandit778
    ^ Watch out for the re-hash.  All the same parts, but new packaging.

Jackad7Pitfall69bandit778kiki180703VorpalRyu
  • RogerKirkRogerKirk BrightonMember Posts: 365
    @RogerKirk I'm almost 100% positive that this is a fake. Just search an image of the real one and it's wayyyy different.
    I got in touch and they say they just found the picture online. They say they will update it later.

Look's like the picture is available online: http://www.customminifig.co.uk/2011-ursula-custom-minifig/
    Back marginally on topic.  Saw this pop-up on my local Craigslist.

Just a bit over the market value...

edited May 2016
    @SumoLego There are also two smaller cannons on either side of the poop deck, but those are not functionnal.

Nothing to say.
    SprinkleOtterSumoLegoJackad7CaptainLego
    ^ Indeed.  I have a special limited edition that shoots minifigure-scale cannonballs.

Thankfully, the crew only eat apples, french bread and carrots.
    CaptainLego
  • workshybumworkshybum UKMember Posts: 64
    edited May 2016
    Spotted this one...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252369501557 

It is so MEGA RARE that I can't even find it in the Brickset Database!
    CaptainLego
    edited May 2016
    ^ seems that link doesn't work. Supposed to link to a 'MEGA RARE Princess Leia' minifig for £60, which as far as I can tell is not Princess Leia. 
  • NickF22NickF22 United KingdomMember Posts: 480
    ^ There's some weird encoded characters at the end of the link. Just delete the "%C2%A0..." off the end if you need to see it.
    workshybum
    ^ how strange, thanks for that. Must have something to do with me using the 'copy' button in the iPhone app. 
    That's because it's actually Princess Tamina! http://alpha.bricklink.com/pages/clone/catalogitem.page?M=pop003#T=S&O={}
    edited May 2016
    ^ £2 from a UK seller on Bricklink. I wonder if it's a genuine error or he's trying it on?

Edit: I was going to send him a message to clarify, but the listing has just ended. I wonder if he's a Brickset reader?

100% positive feedback - could be a genuine mistake. 
    Why it's none other than our friend shop4444bargains !
    MattDawsonCaptainLego
    Ahh, he's a known quantity is he?
    CaptainLego