Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

For Sale: 6868 - Hulk Minifig (on Ebay)

Comments

• roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,350
    Hi
    I think you need more detail in the title and description to cover word searches, and a returns policy.
    Good on recorded delivery, always use this, but why no overseas option ?
    I know this is your first sale and you could rightly argue you are just selling items from a personal collection, but if you plan to do more (selling of new items) you should register as a business as eBay/taxman will eventually catch up.
    Good luck
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,975
    I would give it more than a day on your listings too, to allow all potential purchasers to hear about it - I usually put up for 3 days. As for Taxman catching up with you, you have to sell a hell of a lot in the UK for the Taxman to want their cut. If you want to sell overseas then the postage costs ramp up quite steeply, especially with recorded delivery options - I do not sell overseas.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,975
    The taxman thing is a lot of scaremongering generally, they will not be chasing you for a few grand a year - they would be criminalising half the country for tax evasion if they did. Most resellers on ebay don't have anywhere near the margin that a shop does - buy something and sell it for 250% of what you paid for it is the general aim. Most probably make less than 50% back and rely on the fact that they're making "pocket money". I would expect that less than 10% of ebayers generate an interest with HMRC. If everyone started submitting accounts for a couple of hundred quid here and there they'd have far too much work on their hands.
  • DadDad UKMember Posts: 816
    And be very carefull who you take advice from regarding the taxman. If you are buying items with the intention of reselling then you are a business. Period.
  • phatphil55phatphil55 Member Posts: 45
    I find things sell better when there is a actual picture of the item thats for sale. Even if he is in pieces/bags still at least people see exactly what they are getting.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    It's fine to use a stock photo as long as you add your own photo of item in the pkg. Glad to see you got a good price for it. As Dad said you are now doing business and will owe taxes like every other business.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,297
    ^ Unless you do a Jimmy Carr.
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,350
    ^he still paid tax, though avoided the rates us plebs have to pay. Immoral ? Yes. Illegal ? No.

Reselling on eBay through a private account. Immoral ? Who cares. Illegal ? Absolutely.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited June 2012
    From all that I've read the account type makes no difference - its purely an ebay thing. Private or business account you're still subject to exactly the same rules - whether it be tax or distance selling or sale of goods act.