Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Master thread] Help identifying parts, sets and minifigs

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,263
    I will take a picture of the underside when I get home tonight. I'm not sure exactly where it came from. It had to have been in one of the lots of loose lego that I've purchased since January. Been working on inventorying everything to put in bricklink.
    Here is a shot of the back.

• AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Can someone tell me what this piece is. The only identifying numbers on it are 4491 but when I search for that as a part number this is not what it comes up with on Bricklink. It and a blue one like it came in some bulk Lego we bought. Thank you in advance for your help.

ShellyH
    Btw, this one has the clip (probably not the right jargon) for accessories on only one end, but I have some that have the clip on each end, and some that have none.
    @LegobrandonCP Thank you so much! I was hoping it would be easy for some of the more experienced AFOL's here.
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Ok so I just got a lot from auction and it had some VERY old normal bricks and some Very old not so normal items :) Any help anyone? Really just curious about the blue item in the middle of picture. I have NO idea what category to even begin to look under for that one.
    Here is a couple of more of the "interesting" items in lot....Not real sure about any of them. Have never seen a 2x2 that comes apart like that or the grey item that reminds me of a snake. The windows I can tell are pretty old, gonna go look for those right now. Just thought some would like to see that there are some interesting finds out there still :)
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    ^ Darn it. Bricklink is down so I cant provide you with an accurate link. But the blue thing is a pull back motor for vehicles.
    Is it a pull back motor? Try putting an axle through it, add wheels, then try using like one of the old toys you sit on the floor, pull it backward and then when you let go it moves forward on it's own. Bricklink is down so I couldn't look it up, but that might be what it is - then again, I could be very wrong!
    Thanks @LegobrandonCP & AFFOL_Shellz_Bellz I will go try it now :)
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 574
    @jadedanc The gray articulated arm (snake) is a combination including several of piece 3612 and appears in a number of Classic Space sets from the early to mid 1980's see http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3612#OldGray for a list of sets in which this piece appears. The red minifig torso also appears to be from the Classic Space line. The 2x2 that comes apart is a wheel holder, but I'm having trouble finding that part number or a link to it right now.
  • peterlinddkpeterlinddk DenmarkMember Posts: 170
    @jadedanc - the 2x2 that comes apart isn't supposed to come apart. It looks like the Arm Holder for the "snake" arm - both are present in set 6821 - Shovel Buggy.

The windows are indeed very old, they are part number 646, and was produced way back in the 50s until early 70s.

The 1x4 tile with the printed pattern is a "1x4 tile with radar pattern" used in a few police and rescue sets in the mid to late 90s. It is also present in set 5121 - a collection of decorated elements.
    If only LEGO could bring back those wonderful hinges.
    @peterlinddk & @SirBen Wow! Definitely didn't think some of those were that old :) There are some other classic pieces too in the lot, including some 2x3 ramps with a space vehicle design on it. Thanks to everyone! Now I just gotta figure out what kind of boat I have too in this lot lol
  • jamiewjamiew Member Posts: 165
    Looking for info on this minifig. Ive never seen one with a notched mouth before
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/7324001110
  • The_Brick_BuilderThe_Brick_Builder Member Posts: 658
    ^ Its not LEGO. Its a knock-off. ;)
    I thought so too but it actually has the Lego trademark on it.
    :-O What? Could you please show us a picture?
    Well, it is still not LEGO - it is some pirated LEGO pirate :) Something along the lines of the Chinese "Enlighten" building blocks, that is almost a direct copy of existing LEGO sets.

Also his hands doesn't look like normal LEGO-minifig hands to me - and the colors are a bit strange.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    @LegobrandonCP Thank you so much! I was hoping it would be easy for some of the more experienced AFOL's here.
    When you search for parts on Bricklink be sure and suffix the search with an asterisk for a wildcard search. The identification and searching of parts on Bricklink is awful.
    @LegobrandonCP Thanks I would have never thought of that!
    edited June 2012
    When you search for parts on Bricklink be sure and suffix the search with an asterisk for a wildcard search. The identification and searching of parts on Bricklink is awful.
    I had no idea! Thanks.
    @LegobrandonCP Thanks I would have never thought of that!
    I believe you meant to say @sidersdd ;)
    Yes my thank you should go to @sidersdd - thanks for pointing that out!
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    Yeah, the hands on the lego pirate pirate look too symetrical. Where the lego hands are cupped "flat" on one side too fit in the female side of a brick.
  • DEBI73DEBI73 Member Posts: 4
    i am looking for any help in identifying this vehicle, it fires an arrow like thingy from the front bumper and have no clue where to start helping my 8 year old nephew find parts and instructions to be able to complete this build, thanks in advance for any help guys, Debra (age 39) so be gentle with me. This is all new to me.

Photobucket

LEGO TECHNICS TRUCK, SPARE PARTS-TRAILER

LEGO TECHNICS TRUCK, TRUCK AND TRAILER - TRUCK FIRES FROM THE FRONT

edited June 2012
    @DEBI73 - I don't think that your vehicle is based on any official LEGO-model, I think it is a "fantasy"-build that someone has created by themselves.

The cannon that fires arrows has only been used in six different sets, and none of them has the same wheels as your vehicle. You can go to peeron and look them up: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/32074#DkStone - the dark grey color is called DkStone in LEGOlanguage.

The two slope-bricks with the green controls, are they printed, or is that stickers? Someone may be able to tell you which set included them ...

Hope that helps.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    Could it not be that big truck from the Speed Racer theme a while ago? (http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=8160-1)
  • ereiamjhereiamjh Member Posts: 182
    Hopefully, this should be an easy one...

Can anyone tell me where I know this minifigure's hair-piece from?

I got it from the BAM bar yesterday, and it looked really familiar to me. I assumed it was from a CMF, but no and it's really driving me mad trying to work out where I know it from. Please can someone help me move on from the annoying niggling at the back of my mind stage to the kicking myself stage.

Thanks.
    Could it not be that big truck from the Speed Racer theme a while ago? (http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=8160-1)
    Ah yes - it is!

I was fooled by the fact that a new cannon-part, with a new part-number, was introduced in 2007. http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/57029 contains the list of sets using the new cannon ...

@ereiamjh - the same hairpiece (in that reddish-brown color) is used for Gregory Goyle in the Harry Potter sets. Maybe that is where you know it from?

Looking at http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=30608&in=S it seems that Harry Osborne from the Spider-Man series has the same hair.
  • ereiamjhereiamjh Member Posts: 182
    @peterlinkdk - Thanks for that. I feel slightly less silly now. Although there are plenty of Harry Potter sets in the house, they're not mine, so recognising it but not being able to place it makes some kind of sense.

Although I do still feel pretty silly, since I looked through the Spider-man sets assuming it must be a J Jonah Jameson hairpiece, and not only managed to miss the Harry Osbourne figure, but also completely missed the JJJ figure in the train rescue set. Doh!
    Anyone know what this part is?

Anyone know what this part is?

*snip*
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=x169
    ^ thanks

Anyone recognize the figure or the torso?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/7163816867
    Thank you!
  • JT32JT32 BasingstokeMember Posts: 124
    Could somebody please help me identify this boat. It came like this at the bottom of a crate of loose Lego I bought. I've no idea how to start to try and find what set number it's from other than guessing it's very old.

p.s sorry for the bad ironing board, it's currently at my parents house

28.JPG 159.4K
    sorry, having trouble uploading the pic from work
    28.JPG 159.4K
    sorry, having trouble uploading the pic from work
    @JT32 The boat is this: http://brickset.com/detail/?set=5521-1
    thank you so much, it's just a shame the instructions aren't on brickset now :)

thanks again.
    edited June 2012
    thank you so much, it's just a shame the instructions aren't on brickset now :)
    Have you noticed the "Instructions" section on the "links" tab? There is a link to http://www.peeron.com/scans/5521-1 which has a scan of the instructions!
    Two items, the first is a yellow head, as you can see in the pictures it's larger than the average Lego head, and in the second photo you can see the hole in the bottom is smaller. Lego or off brand?

Second item is a piece that fits on over the upper body of a minifig, it fits snuggly over Lego, so not sure if it's Lego as there are no markings at all. Does anyone recognize these from a castle set maybe?

• HobHob My Lego houseMember Posts: 223
    Pretty sure the last pic is from MegaBl**KS some of the castle set
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,061
    Two items, the first is a yellow head, as you can see in the pictures it's larger than the average Lego head, and in the second photo you can see the hole in the bottom is smaller. Lego or off brand?

It's from this pen http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?G=P3109

Thank you.
    2x4 tall red, with purple transparent. Looks like it should light up, but only makes a pleasing beep noise. Says Lego on the bottom.
    imageLooks like it should light up, but only makes a pleasing beep noise.