Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[Master thread] Help identifying parts, sets and minifigs

1767778798082»

Comments

• 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 801
    The four pieces in the second photo look like blasters for Hasbro's Star Wars action figures.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,374
    is is Lego brand? I do not see Lego markings on it. but i assume if it is the stylus for a DS it is not Lego that makes it right?
    Yah, probably Nintendo makes it? Just a wild guess :)
    oldtodd33Baby_Yoda
  • LarsSchuyLarsSchuy Brighton UKMember Posts: 1
    Thank you The_rancor! Much appreciated. I will move the thread to the discussion you suggested. 
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,235
    LarsSchuy said:
    I will move the thread to the discussion you suggested. 
    You won't be able to do it yourself so I've moved it.
    Astrobricks
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,402
    I was in the Lego store in Salt Lake City last week, and found the following torso in the 'Build a minifig' bins. I got three of them, as I've not seen it before (I only know of the two CMF baseball player torsos).

Having now looked it up on Bricklink (the image above is from there), it shows the torso part as 'new' and doesn't list it as being in any sets.

Does anyone have any idea where it's come from? Lego surely can't have printed a new torso just to stick into BAM bins?
    BrainsluggedSwitchfoot55Baby_YodaMr_CrossFowlerBricks
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,458
    ^I'm stumped. Great find though!
    Mr_Cross
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,154
    There have been quite a few minifigure parts show up just for BaM bars lately, think it started last year, I’ve got some hats and hair pieces that haven’t been in any sets yet.
    gmonkey76Mr_Cross
    I wonder if perhaps they're test-run pieces? Someone got smart and said, "Hey, instead of trashing these, we could sell them in BAM bars!"
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,431
    @Paperballpark there have been quite a few BAM only parts in the USA, and there is photo evidence here https://forum.brickset.com/discussion/19310/us-bam-bar-contents#latest 
    andhe
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,720
    Yup new torsos, a new shield, recoloured parts. It's all happening over at the B-A-M bins.

Up until now I think the new designs have mainly been colour switches of existing parts/designs so exciting to see exclusive designs appearing.
  • hazz78hazz78 UKMember Posts: 29
    Found 2 of 2x4 and 1 of 2x6 in what appears to be "Pearl Light Gray" in a job lot I recently bought.  Bricklink lists the parts in this colour, but doesn't list what set(s) they are found in.  All have a sort of marbled effect on the surface.  Any ideas?  Pictured next to a 2x4 in Light Gray (far right) for comparison.
    FowlerBricks
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 1,458
    Someone more in the know on this stuff may be able to confirm, but are these really light Grangemouth bricks? 
  • hazz78hazz78 UKMember Posts: 29
    Someone more in the know on this stuff may be able to confirm, but are these really light Grangemouth bricks? 
    I don't think so.  The underside of the 2x4 bricks suggests a more modern mould.
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,450
    Lego or not?

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,720
    @hazz78 most of sellers that have 100 or more seem to be in the UK which would suggest a localised source. Perhaps a lego store or LUG project?
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 1,918
    @TheFew,
    Yup, Lego.
    32494 in msg/lbg
    92906 in dsg/dbg
    AstrobricksMr_CrossBaby_Yoda
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,450
    bandit778 said:
    @TheFew,
    Yup, Lego.
    32494 in msg/lbg
    92906 in dsg/dbg
    Thanks. Never seen those bits before. Looking at the sets they are in, I have at least 5 of them, but clearly I have never opened and built them :-)
    dmcc0davetheoxygenman
    bandit778 said:
    @TheFew,
    Yup, Lego.
    32494 in msg/lbg
    92906 in dsg/dbg
    They’re the two sides of a CV joint, right? So why did one of them (according to BL) come into existence 10 years before the other?
    Probably the "newer" one is a revised design.
    Astrobricks
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,802

K'nex I think.

no idea and they can not fit into anything Lego

they look like best lock brand to me.

the monkey i think is playmobile as i think i have another one no ideas on the rest. 
    Again I am sorry for the crummy photos. computer camera is my only working camera right now so really junky photos. 
    Cheers!
    Your guesses are correct about the K'nex and Best-Lock parts as far as I can tell. The little clear circle bit looks like a bingo chip. Certainly nothing I recognize as LEGO in any of these pics.
    thehoarder
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 468
    edited July 26
    Found a loose battery cover, but can't find what it's meant to go with?

• BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 468
    Ahhh, yes... battery *lid*, not cover. Good spot!
    andhe
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 464
    I have little experience with Technic sets but I got a #42006 in a lot I bought. I have an issue. The instructions show the (tan) connector sliding completely into the driving ring (red), then the gear (dk grey) slides onto the driving ring. The problem is the gear forces the connector out causing the gear to not turn when assembled. Am I missing some technique?

• gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 427
    Is it right around step 22 or 25? Try turning the dk bley gear around 
    andhe
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 464
    @gelksterI have tried all the configurations it needs to sit flush with the driving ring with the hollow side of the gear it all fits until the connector is slid in.
    edited August 12
    I have little experience with Technic sets but I got a #42006 in a lot I bought. I have an issue. The instructions show the (tan) connector sliding completely into the driving ring (red), then the gear (dk grey) slides onto the driving ring. The problem is the gear forces the connector out causing the gear to not turn when assembled. Am I missing some technique?

This really should be posted under: 
    https://forum.brickset.com/categories/building-and-techniques
    @Huw , @drdavewatford

Thinking the funny grenades (laughing gas bombs?) & prison stripes imply a comic bad guy...
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 57
    That’s Retox from Ultra Agents ...
    https://brickset.com/minifigs/uagt012/retox
    gelkster
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 57
    From 70163 : Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown

https://brickset.com/sets/70163-1/Toxikita-s-Toxic-Meltdown
    gelkster
    Thx KFK!!!
    KungFuKenny
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,413
    Better late than never...

These came from LEGOLAND Windsor in the early 2000s. They were specially manufactured for a life-sized B747 cockpit model that was on display in the model shop building at the top of the hill.

There were 'millions' left over so the park used them for filler, for plinths for busts, and also sold a lot off at Red Letter Day events and in the PaB, which at the time, was excellent.

I have several thousand parts in that colour which I also use for filler, and for DIY jobs around the house.
    hazz78 said:
    Found 2 of 2x4 and 1 of 2x6 in what appears to be "Pearl Light Gray" in a job lot I recently bought.  Bricklink lists the parts in this colour, but doesn't list what set(s) they are found in.  All have a sort of marbled effect on the surface.  Any ideas?  Pictured next to a 2x4 in Light Gray (far right) for comparison.

PJ76ukbandit778stluxgmonkey76Astrobricksandhe