Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Master thread] Help identifying parts, sets and minifigs

Comments

• norm103norm103 Member Posts: 288
    what about this its 2 studs wide by 8 long and is hafe ruber
  • PepperPepper Wisconsin, USAMember Posts: 91
    The name of this part is Plate, Modified 1 x 2 with Angular Extension and Flexible Lime Tip. You can find it on Bricklink here: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=61406pb02&in=S. It came in two sets in that color, 4 came in http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=8114-1, and 2 came in http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7649-1.
  • greekmickgreekmick UKMember Posts: 710
    Can anyone help which sets the following come from please. The red window brick i have about a dozen or so the same shape with windows or doors. The black brick seems to have two red strips inside.image
  • silverspyder1996silverspyder1996 Member Posts: 9
    *Red Window*
    Window 2 x 6 x 6 Freestyle with White Window 1 x 3 x 4 Panes

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=6236c01

*Black Brick*
    Brick, Modified 2 x 4 with Wheels Holder Old, Clear Bottom

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=7049b

*Lt. Bley Dish*
    Dish 10 x 10 Inverted (Radar) with SW Tank Droid Pattern

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=50990pb04
    ^ and ^^ brilliant, thank you.
  • BustinBustin Member Posts: 286
    edited April 2012
    This piece was in my son's Forest Fire set, the Fire Plane set.

The plastic feels terribly cheap and looks like a Mega Bloks piece.

Lego is sending me a replacement, but I feel it will have the same exact look and feel to it.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,901
    I had a problem with the reverse. A long 4x7 bar with antenna stops at one end and stud connection points on the other. I had about 30 of them in a bin before I realized it wasn't Lego.
  • Standard_GrinStandard_Grin Member Posts: 24
    Dear all,

Recently my mother in law bought me a bag of LEGO on an antique fair in the UK. And antique it was! There were quite some red and white bricks in there that were of noticeable poorer quality than the bricks that I'm used to: they are slightly less rigid, look less smooth and most importantly they don’t interlock properly… I remember having wondered before how LEGO managed to control tolerances in their (or ‘the’) early days of injection molding. Well, they didn’t, haha! Anyway, nice to see some first generation (?) parts that I didn’t even know existed!

There was some newer stuff in the bag too, however ‘newer’ is relative, I’m guessing it’s all 60’s and 70’s. Below is a picture of the printed bricks I found but haven't seen before. Scrabble anybody? ;-)
    So far I've identified one brick that says 'LEGO' (set 642) but I can't link the ones with the other words and letters to sets. Same goes for the doors... Anybody?

PS: The plate on the picture was probably standard back then, I just included it because it looks so odd to me! There were also plates in the bag that had the current 'circular' bottom pattern but still were of inferior quality (proven by the fact that all have broken edges!) than the ones LEGO produces nowadays.
    This piece was in my son's Forest Fire set, the Fire Plane set.

The plastic feels terribly cheap and looks like a Mega Bloks piece.

I am curious as to why my post was moved/merged? I wasn't having trouble identifying the piece at all. I was talking about the poor quality of a Lego piece and how it felt identical to that of a clone brand.
  • HobHob My Lego houseMember Posts: 223
    Just got 2 boxes of assorted lego some HP stuff some SW stuff. Came across 2 items that i can't seem to place has Lego group stamped on it but can't find numbers. Have looked at Bricklink but not sure where to look as the parts seem very rare.

The best way to describe them it like fishing rods but about 8inches long Approx. Can't post a pic right now. I thought tehy might be technic partys but can't find a modle they might go on.

Thanks in advance and will try a post a pic.
    Similar it has hole on the shaft near that one and studs on top and at the end as well as 2 eyeholes on the underneath.

Tried Peeron last night as well, no luck.
    ^ As far as I know, if it doesn't say LEGO on the studs, then it is not LEGO.
    TYhe studs are hollow and it says Lego Group underneath and inside the hollow stud on the tip.

Defo Lego. My wife will be home with her camera today so will post pic ASAP.
  • peterlinddkpeterlinddk DenmarkMember Posts: 170
    So far I've identified one brick that says 'LEGO' (set 642) but I can't link the ones with the other words and letters to sets. Same goes for the doors... Anybody?
    The letters are from set 488, a box of bricks with letters from 1966. The words are from the same year, and set 426, that had decorative bricks you could use in your townplan.

The doors confuse me - they are type 801a and 802a, and they exist in red, blue and yellow - I have a couple laying around somewhere - but I can only find one set (730) that uses any of them. But they are definitely from the late 1960s.

The plate is a standard "waffle-bottom" plate used in early sets.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,463
    @Bustin I think it is whatever they use to make the brick silvery that gives it a different texture.
    The gold NinjaGo pieces have that same poor quality feel and look to them as well. I am not a fan of seeing the seams in the colors of the plastic, a main reason I never purchased MegaBloks.
    came across these bits and wondered if anyone knew what the red one was from before I break the pieces up. Also although I can see the lego logo on the yellow one I cannot make out the number. Any ideasimage
    sorry also this black box. It takes a 9v square battery but doesn't seem to do anything when I press the button

The yellow cylinder is a pneumatic-cylinder from 1989 or later - if you blow air into the bottom tap, the cylinder-axle extends, and if you blow air into the top, it contracts again.

The LEGO number is 2793, and it was used in a vast number of technic sets from 1989 until 2003.

The black box is a battery-box for the Light & Sound-system. If you have a light, or a soundbrick, like this image or this: image, you can put them on top op the battery-box, and turn on the action.

As for the red build, I have no idea, it could be anything, even just someone putting random bricks together.
    Right my wife has come home and i have taken photos of the part i need iding.

Link here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/6979148558/in/photostream

probably the best photo.

I have checked bricklink and peeron
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,912
    ^ It is a mast: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=30047 Hope this helps!
  • nirvananirvana Member Posts: 4
    Hey, I'm trying to find instructions for some of my old lego (1980's 90's). I never was one for keeping boxes/instructions but have found some stuff online, there's still some stuff I'm trying to ID though. Some photos attached - any help appreciated...

I also have a technic test car 8865 - any idea where I can find instructions for this?

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,058
    I thought he was a Parrot! The fabuland character on the large bike is http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=3782-1
    @Nirvana: You can find instructions for the 8865 Test Car at peeron.com - look under the "Links" tab on Brickset, and you'll see it there, under Instructions. The link is http://www.peeron.com/scans/8865-1

The policecar looks like a partly (dis)assambled 6684 from 1984, and most of the other bricks also looks like something from around 1984.

To identify the slope-brick with the fire-symbol, I would go to peeron.com and search for "slope fire", and it brings up this result: http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/3039p09 - I bet that it is from the 6611 Fire Chief's car

Enjoy searching peeron (or you can use bricklink for the same purpose) but beware that it is quite addictive :)
    @LegobrandonCP thanks dude was driving me nuts. Thought it was ac rane piece tried other section but no luck.

Just have to see if there are any other bits that fit with and i can see if i have a boat / ship as well.
  • nirvananirvana Member Posts: 4
    thanks Peter, that's a great start :) I know I have the rest of the police car and other emergency service vehicals somewhere :)
  • ErnstErnst Member Posts: 133
    @Nirvana The red Lego flag was used in the 1973 Firehouse. Comes in different numbers : http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=357-1 and US version : http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=570-1
    I have a large plate with a raised section and what looks like a swimming pool in a garden. Any ideas which set this would be from please? Will update with a picture when i get home
    edited May 2012
    Thanks for your help!!
    The doors confuse me - they are type 801a and 802a, and they exist in red, blue and yellow - I have a couple laying around somewhere - but I can only find one set (730) that uses any of them. But they are definitely from the late 1960s.
    Regarding the doors: as old as they are, they are actually more realistic (having a 'glass' window) than newer doors. But maybe too expensive in production.
    ^^ dont worry I have found it. It seems to be from this set
    http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=6416-1
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @teamladd did anyone ever tell you those heads are from Game 3837 Monster 4? brickset.com/detail/?Set=3837-1 Just got 2 in today from Amazon (like 8 or 9 bucks each, wanted all the heads and one of the black cones is going to an incomplete 7250 I got from ebay =-)
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    edited May 2012
    Curious if anyone can help me identify any of these parts. Received in a bulk lot that advertized castle pieces, which is true. Just not sure which castle or castles lol. I have quite a few of each pieces, esp the "log" wall, the Grey/Black wall (10 of those). No clue about the ones with the stickers on them especially. Og and the long "railing" on in second picture.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,519
    The log wall came in FT Legoredo both versions as well as others. The castle walls will be under the panel section of parts at BL. The shields will be under dish decorated on BL. The rail piece is from train track but there are two versions of it and I can't tell which one you have. Probably the newer version such as Spider Man, it wont have the slots in it for connecting to the sleepers for 4.5v trains. The larger rock looking pieces are under the rock section on BL.
    The two decorated panels next to the shields are from 7627 Indiana Jones: Temple of the Crystal Skull
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,058
    The railing came in the Dwarves mine set, and others. It might be easier and more comprehensive just to search on bricklink, unless pieces are really peculiar and unidentifiable.
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 647
    ^^^oldtodd33, given the presence of the two "Viking shield" pieces, I'd wager that the log wall is actually from the 7019 Viking Fortress set, especially if it's the "Reddish Brown" color. 19 of these pieces in that set...I agree with andhe, these parts are common enough to search for on bricklink and peeron.
    edited May 2012
    Is this a piece from the AT-TE as I cannot find a printed example on bricklink?
    edited May 2012
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    @oldfan I am sorry if you think they are common enough to find them on BL. I had no idea which category to even start with on BL. I am very new to Legos (only since Feb) and I was asking the older & more experienced experts for assistance in helping me figure out which sets some or maybe all of these came from. My apologies if I offended you because they are "common" parts. But I do think that is what this thread is for, helping out new people figure out what great treasures they may have. Thanks to everyone for the assistance especially @oldtodd33 for telling me some of the categories to look under :) and peterlinddk
    ^ You're welcome. I wanted to help but I also wanted you to start learning also. The hardest part about searching BL is trying to learn how they categorize parts. Once you master that it's a relatively easy system for the most part. But I will still get stumped on a part for a couple searches now and then.
    Can you search bricklink by stickers, as the stickers are already attached to common plates so putting the number of the item doesn't really help the search does it?
    edited May 2012
    Usually there is a section for the part with sticker such as "brick decorated" and that will show many parts that are either printed or stickered. There is also a section for sticker sheets under " stickers". Searching by the part number will only come up with the part undecorated.
    ^ thanks, that will stop me from asking a load of stupid questions!

Is there a way to search torso designs to see what the rest of the figure should look like and from which set they are from? I search through minifig but brings 5700 different figures. can i narrow it down further?
    ^ didn't stop me asking a stupid question. I found the answer now thanks and sorry. There is an option under parts then minifigs-torsos
    You can also search from a specific series such as Star Wars by searching minifigure torsos and after it lists all of the torsos there is a search box within that. Then you just search SW, the abreviation used for them and you will only get Star Wars torsos.
  • AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    Here's an easy question (I hope): i found these pieces amongst other used parts in a bricklink order that I really didn't choose.. Unfortunately the order was of a thousand parts so I guess it's too late to complain. Here's hoping that it was an extra from the seller.

Anyway here's a picture:

The piece on the left looks like a tile with two studs on top and a 45 degrees arch. On the right, it's what I think are 4 different parts. The black ball thing is part 53585? What's the disk though? (The fourth part is behind the disk and it's one of those connectors).