Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Master thread] Help identifying parts, sets and minifigs

Comments

• AstroBBoyAstroBBoy Member Posts: 7
    edited February 2012
    I was wondering if this large display fig was ever released as a minifig?
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?G=displayfig04

I have the large one and would love a mini to sit next to him.
  • davee123davee123 USAMember Posts: 817
    I'm pretty sure that the torso print doesn't exist exactly as it appears on the large fig. I think the print is probably closest to this print from 1995, which is the same timeframe that these large figs started showing up in store displays:

DaveE
    Thanks DaveE - that looks pretty close.
    Do you know what sort of figure this torso print is from? (So I can do a search for one and try and buy it)
    Ah, I just found it on the database looking under 1995.
    Thanks again for the info!
  • davee123davee123 USAMember Posts: 817
    Sorry, picture was a link to the BL page-- Guess it's hard to tell!

DaveE
    Ah cool. thanks.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    I love how knowledgeable the Lego-historians are on BrickSet. So much info resource all in one forum that spans decades. Thanks DaveE!
    Couldn't agree more!
  • ktmoktmo Member Posts: 73
    I was going through my old sets and found a toy chest that says Wells Fargo & Co. and it is filled with 14 minifig heads, but none of them have faces. I don't think the chest is Lego. It is too big. Can anyone think of why I would have so many heads with no faces? Did minifig originally not have faces? I have a bunch of sets from the late 70s early 80s. Any ideas?
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,616
    The original lego minfigures with no arms or movable legs did not have faces but they also had solid stud tops just like any brick would
  • ktmoktmo Member Posts: 73
    Thanks. I do have a bunch of the armless minifigs.
  • Brewer51Brewer51 Member Posts: 248
    edited February 2012

Can anyone help me with this little guy? I can't find him anywhere. Thanks.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    edited February 2012
    ^ here you go -
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?M=sp044&in=S
    He's from the 1997/1998 'UFO' theme, came in 4 different sets (6901/6902 being identical except for packaging - one was boxed, the other in a polybag)
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    edited February 2012
    [spurious double post]
  • Brewer51Brewer51 Member Posts: 248
    Wonderful! Thankyou very much. I knew some-one had switched his hands!
  • U2A2U2A2 Member Posts: 13
    Hehe, you guys are good...
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    edited February 2012
    Anyone know what this part is from? Or part number? It is stamped lego but it doesnt have a number anywhere visible.

edited February 2012
    That's BL part #2605c01 used in 7 different sets from several different series.
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=2605c01&in=S
    ^ thanks!
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    edited February 2012
    What about these random heads? Any ideas peeps? Oh and the spring legs?! Got them in Blue and Orange too.
  • HobHob My Lego houseMember Posts: 223
    edited February 2012
    the heads are from one the lego games can't remember the name something like matching pairs or something like that i got it somewhere.

http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=3837-1
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    Cheers Hob, got them in a job lot, to the ebay they go.
  • Endigo_VandaneEndigo_Vandane The NetherlandsMember Posts: 18
    @ teamladd: The spring-legs came in these sets: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=x494&in=S
    TheBrickLadd
  • romdamromdam Member Posts: 136
    No answer about the SW Advent Calendar figure?
    You have to look in sets under Star Wars. BL breaks each calendar down by day, so you have to search the set since it's not a real minifigure. Anyway the catalog # is 7958-5.
  • JoeCrispJoeCrisp Member Posts: 26
    Hi there, I picked up a large collection of Lego Duplo from a charity shop, it had 450 picture bricks, but these 9 were a bit different, any help saying what they are would be greatly appreciated.
    Please ignore my question, I have used bricklink on someones reccomendation, to find out what they were.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    ^KillDeer

That looks like a POTC pistol - but from the MegaBlok series.
    edited March 2012
    deleted
  • romdamromdam Member Posts: 136
    You have to look in sets under Star Wars. BL breaks each calendar down by day, so you have to search the set since it's not a real minifigure. Anyway the catalog # is 7958-5.
    The mouse droid has a minifig number and that's not a real minifig.

• mrredpantsmrredpants Member Posts: 2
    edited March 2012
    I'm not sure if this is the proper forum to post - please let me know if it is incorrect and I will re categorize. This is my first post.

I have this brick and am trying to find out what it is so I can determine it's value if any.

Thank you.
    There is a sticky thread for on going part ID. An admin will probably move this. Your part is

2454px6 Brick 1 x 2 x 5 with Mayan Minifig Pattern

from 5936 and 5986
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    edited March 2012
    Hi there,
    i´ve received a order from TLG incl. the Slope 75 2x1x3 i´m just not sure wether i have it received with a Hollow Stud, or a Completely open Stud. It´s def. a open stud, and on the ground it reads "Lego"but i have no idea if it´s Hollow, or Completely open. Help anyone?
    Or can somebody define me the difference between a "Hollow Stud"and a "Completely open Stud"?
    Pretty sure "hollow stud" is when just the center of the stud is cut out but a "completely open stud" is when it is basically drilled through into the center of the brick. For example the typical "1x1 headlight" brick has the side stud drilled through so that would be a "completely open stud" and most technic bricks have the top studs "hollow" like http://www.peeron.com/inv/parts/32064
    Thanks for your fast answer! That makes sense! So my part is a "Hollow Stud"-one.
    Actually it appears "hollow" and "open" are both used (at least on Peeron) for ones that have a full hole so not sure. The only other thing I can think of for hollow is if it isnt solid from underneath. Someone else will probably chime in that has better knowledge of it than me =)
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    I love reading this thread. Learn SO much!
  • Bluefox1966Bluefox1966 UKMember Posts: 360
    Hi guys, is this a panel or a fence ? Any idea what sets there in I need another 6 for my project.
    001.JPG 140.1K
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    Hi guys, is this a panel or a fence ? Any idea what sets there in I need another 6 for my project.
    This is a fence. You can view the Bricklink page here: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=30077
    That's a fence 1x 6 x 2 BL part number 30077.
  • Bluefox1966Bluefox1966 UKMember Posts: 360
    Cheers Guys.
  • legofanlegofan Member Posts: 2

I'm a bit of a newbie to lego, and I've been trying to figure out this set for awhile. Any ideas? Are they even real lego, or imitation?
    [email protected]%& B*%@* . Not LEGO.
    ^^ Seeing that makes me want to puke. That is definitely NOT LEGO.
  • legofanlegofan Member Posts: 2
    Being snobby isn't a very nice way to attract new people into the hobby, y'know.
    Being snobby isn't a very nice way to attract new people into the hobby, y'know.
    Oops, I certainly did not mean to be snobby. It was the Mega B_____ that disgusted me.

Well, welcome to Brickset and to the LEGO world. I'm sure you will enjoy this hobby, but not your wallet. ;-)
    Hi can someone tell me what this is, picked it up for 20p in charity shop.
  • peterlinddkpeterlinddk DenmarkMember Posts: 170
    @JoeCrisp - that looks very much like a LEGO Racer - one of the ones with an air-pump.
    Actually, I think it is the 7971 - BAD racer: http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=7971-1 - just missing the spoiler wings.
    @peterlinddk Thank You