Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Master thread] Help identifying parts, sets and minifigs

Comments

• TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 482
    Anyone recognize this?

• datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,485
    ^Chima Speedorz, #70103
  • TheMaker37TheMaker37 Norfolk,VaMember Posts: 482
    Thanks @datsunrobbie ...can't seem to identify theses either.

• datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,485
    https://brickset.com/parts/design-2516

found on brickset.com by browsing by color, then cut that down to the System category. The black part has me stumped, can I get a photo from a different angle on that one?
  • carnage717carnage717 U.S.AMember Posts: 166
    Anyone have any idea what this torso goes to, It looks like a Vader Ink pen or key chain torso but I can find anything on it.

edited June 2017

Thanks
  • FowlerBricksFowlerBricks USAMember Posts: 1,643
    No Problem.
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 346
    Any ideas on this part? 

The two studs at the end on the right both say LEGO, otherwise I would have thought this was from another maker. Any help would be great. 
  • steinbriquesteinbrique germanyMember Posts: 26
     ^part number 2351 come in 14 set in black
    BillyBricks84
  • BillyBricks84BillyBricks84 United StatesMember Posts: 346
    ^Thanks! 
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,736
    Any ideas on these minifig heads? I feel like they should be easy, but can't find them.

• oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,426
    edited June 2017
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,799
    Female one is series 5 Zookeeper.
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,736
    Thanks guys!
    Though I'm slightly confused as to why BL lists the head as blocked-open stud for her, when mine is solid.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,822
    Thanks guys!
    Though I'm slightly confused as to why BL lists the head as blocked-open stud for her, when mine is solid.
    May have come from a build-a-mini bar at a LEGO store. I think some of those have different variants than the original figs themselves.
    andhe
    @Aanchir I always assumed the 'cmf' parts that appeared in the build-a-fig bins were somehow leftovers. But did wonder where they dug certain parts up from years after the figs were released. Are you suggesting the parts are made especially for build-a-fig?
  • CreamyJohnsonCreamyJohnson Member Posts: 5

Bought a bunch of minifigs today and this was in the bunch, never seen a head like this.
  • mak0137mak0137 VirginiaMember Posts: 267
    Any indication it's Lego?
    mak0137 said:
    Any indication it's Lego?

Body is but don't see marks on the head.  
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,426
    ^ The head is NOT Lego.
    madforLEGO
    oldtodd33 said:
    ^ The head is NOT Lego.

Thanks
    AHH!! What is that!?!?!
    77ncaachamps
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,238
    andhe said:
    @Aanchir I always assumed the 'cmf' parts that appeared in the build-a-fig bins were somehow leftovers. But did wonder where they dug certain parts up from years after the figs were released. Are you suggesting the parts are made especially for build-a-fig?
    Yes they are
    @Shib Yes they are leftovers or yes they are especially made?
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,435
    I think most BaM parts are typically from CMF lines. I doubt they are leftovers though, considering that all BaM bars typically get the same parts, just at different times. I doubt parts are made for BaM either, just they do what they do with PaB, allot x types of existing parts and distribute to the stores (though not all parts are just from CMFs as I have seen parts from sets in the BaM as well)
  • WilycubWilycub NetherlandsMember Posts: 17
    Sorry if this is the wrong forum. I looked but couldn't find a thread dedicated specifically to the identification of LEGO parts.

I found this piece and am having difficult in ID-ing it. I did a quick sketch of it (see attached image). It looks like a tray with studs in the middle and four holes in the corners. It is white in color. Please if anyone knows the ID number of this piece or a set in which it appears, I'd greatly appreciate it. Many thanks!

MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 555
    That's the one!!! Thank you so much "SirBen"!

I am making an inventory of all my random LEGO pieces and then uploading that info to "Rebrickable" so that (hopefully) the site can tell me which sets I can make from the pieces. 
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton UKMember Posts: 2,957
    Has an M.C. Escher feel about it :)

Wilycubdavetheoxygenman
    I'm back with three more mystery (for me) pieces. Can the good folks here please help and identify these three LEGO pieces? Thank you.

FowlerBricks
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,233
    ^^ That second part looks interesting, I've never seen it before!  (I am far from a know it all about these things though, but I'll be watching this thread with interest if someone can identify it).
    Wilycub said:
    I'm back with three more mystery (for me) pieces. Can the good folks here please help and identify these three LEGO pieces? Thank you.

I actually own some of part #2, but I don't know what set they came from.
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 624
    Wilycub said:

I actually own some of part #2, but I don't know what set they came from.

#2:  Looks a lot like BL Part no. 6044, Slope 53 3 x 1 x 3 1/3 with Studs on Slope; but 6044 has only 5 hollow studs, not 6 solid ones.  Can you find the part number on the bottom of this one?  Where did you get this one?
    Wilycubkhmellymel
    MaffyD said:
    Thank you so much for identifying nos. 1 and 3!
    Oldfan said:

#2:  Looks a lot like BL Part no. 6044, Slope 53 3 x 1 x 3 1/3 with Studs on Slope; but 6044 has only 5 hollow studs, not 6 solid ones.  Can you find the part number on the bottom of this one?  Where did you get this one?
    Oops! My apologies. I checked the part again and you are absolutely right. It indeed has 5 hollow studs and not 6 solid ones like I drew. Sorry, it was quite late at night when I made this so didn't pay much attention to details. Sorry again to everybody and thanks for identifying it despite the incorrect drawing! You guys are just too good!
    MaffyD
    Yes, I thought that picture looked weird. It's a very useful piece.
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,439
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say this is NOT Lego.
    Am I right?

• AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 2,551
    edited August 2017
    Sure doesn't look it to me. All the 1x6 tiles I looked at say LEGO and 6636 on the bottom, and the lettering would run L to R across the narrow dimension. Also, according to BL, part 6636 was never made in trans purple.
  • Ayrton1310Ayrton1310 IrelandMember Posts: 39
    The Manufacturing quality doesn't resemble that of Lego, are you it is a lego brick and not a cheap knockoff.
    I'm back with yet another weird LEGO piece. Please help me identify this one. Thanks!

• davetheoxygenmandavetheoxygenman Colorado, USAMember Posts: 191
    @Wilycub - looks to be https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=3145&colorID=5&in=A which was in 6 sets.  Hope that helps.
    Wilycubstlux
  • mnbvcmnbvc Member Posts: 136
    Hello - this one is puzzling me!

I obtained a bulk lot the other day and it was almost 100% Lego when I sorted through it.  

...but I cannot find a Lego marking on this piece.  It's quite difficult to see markings on the brick due to the shape / trans colour.

As the rest of the lot was Lego, I am loathed to throw it without first checking - does anyone recognise it?

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,947
    edited August 2017
    mnbvc said:
    Hello - this one is puzzling me!

I obtained a bulk lot the other day and it was almost 100% Lego when I sorted through it.  

...but I cannot find a Lego marking on this piece.  It's quite difficult to see markings on the brick due to the shape / trans colour.

As the rest of the lot was Lego, I am loathed to throw it without first checking - does anyone recognise it?

I believe that is found in the Insectoids space line. Some sort of power crystal or something they had in that series. For example set #2965 has one clearly visable
    mnbvcWilycubstlux
  • mnbvcmnbvc Member Posts: 136
    Thank you so much @Bumblepants - what a quick spot!  :)
    @Wilycub - looks to be https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=3145&colorID=5&in=A which was in 6 sets.  Hope that helps.
    Thank you so much, sir! That's the one. No wonder it looked so unfamiliar to me, it's from the 70's LEGO sets. All of my LEGO stuff is from the 80s upwards. Thanks again! 
    davetheoxygenman
  • PebblesPebbles EnglandMember Posts: 173

Could anyone please help me identify any of these pieces, it would be very much appreciated. :)
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 914
    1 = Atlantic

4 = Power miners crystal king (#8962)