Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Master thread] Help identifying parts, sets and minifigs

Comments

• BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 546
    Hehehe, fair play, will keep it by - it'll go in the same place as those Mega Bloks 1 x 2 plates with studs on both sides.
  • bortan88bortan88 Member Posts: 19
    Sorry I have no photos but the part is a black 4x2 plate but the 2 middle studs on one of the long sides are aout twice the height of a normal stud and both have holes right through them. They are also bigger in diameter than a normal stud and a brick cant be attached on top of them It also has a B and a 3 and Pat. pend. on the rear. It's not listed as a modified plate or a technic plate on bricklink so I'm at a bit of a loss to identify what it is and what set it came with. Thanks in advance.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,667
    @bortan88, a picture would really help ;-) Try looking in the train section, they have parts like this that sound similar Train Brick 2 x 4 with Holder for Sliding Wheel Block
  • NatebwNatebw Tampa BayMember Posts: 339

In sorting my Lego, I have found dozens of these. I think of them as little space ladders. I looked, but don't know what the element number is for them. I also can't really think of anything functional to do with them - they aren't SNOT and they don't nest or anything. So I will occasionally just stick some on for additional greebling.

Can someone show me some awesome uses for these bricks? Thanks
  • NatebwNatebw Tampa BayMember Posts: 339
    Holy cow that picture is big! :)
    AndorflowerpotgirlandheNorlego
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,852
    edited November 2014
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=4175

Link also shows the sets they have been in, as you can see A LOT of sets have had these.
    They used them as grills on vehicles back in the day on LEGO city sets, they are also used as ladders, vents on the side of something.. whatever your imagination tells you to do with this.
    AndorOldfan
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,551
    I love those parts.
    Andorbinaryeye
  • bortan88bortan88 Member Posts: 19
    perfect, thats it, although the piece I have doesn't have the curved section and is just a plate
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Great for air intakes, vents, grates etc.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    To me they look like ladders, but I've never used them as such - always grilles on trucks (and sometimes spaceships).
    andhe
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,142
    I had a big 'model team' set as a kid that used them for the front grille and for side ladders...
    http://brickset.com/sets/5590-1/Whirl-and-Wheel-Super-Truck
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Random question. Does the part that makes up the front end of the hull of the Sea Cow in the TLM game actually exist? I'm talking about the piece (or pieces) on the right hand side of the screen.
  • SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 577
    @iccarus‌ I think the closest piece is part 44126, http://brickset.com/parts/design-44126, the Slope, Curved 6 x 2. However, according to the database it does not come in reddish-brown.
    BuriedinBricks
  • BogdanstBogdanst Member Posts: 6
    The 2nd closest is maybe this:
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=41766
    BuriedinBricks
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    Thank you. 44126 does look pretty close.
  • sandtherapysandtherapy Member Posts: 108
    I have this Technic 15m beam with studs on the end. I can't seem to find a part number though. Any ideas?
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,528
  • sandtherapysandtherapy Member Posts: 108
    @oldtodd33, Thank you so much!
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 867
    Can anyone identify this set for me? image It's called the Lego® Duplo® Space and Airport Set, but I can't seem to figure out what it is/what set number(s) it is/are.
    @MorkMan, it is not a Duplo set, it is a Educational & Dacta Set #9335 Space & Airport Set
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 867
    how about this lego bionicle set from a mcdonalds happy meal?
    edited January 2015
    MorkMan said:

My goodness, that thing's hideous...can I say Galidor?
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,884

MorkMan said:

My goodness, that thing's hideous...can I say Galidor?
    Even the Galidor Happy Meal toys were arguably better than those. They actually required building. In the past decade, McDonalds has basically decided that they don't want their happy meal toys to require any assembly at all, so any LEGO toys (such as the 2006–2008 BIONICLE toys, the 2008 LEGO Batman toys) are basically pre-assembled plastic toys like you'd get from any other brand of happy meal toy. The LEGO Movie Happy Meal prizes were just holographic plastic cups, not even toys.
  • richselbyrichselby Member Posts: 80
    Here's a minifig head I can't locate on BrickLink. Light flesh colour. Two straight line eyebrows, and a barely perceptible small white line for the smile. Any idea?
    Nothing like.
    I'd imagine the missing eyes/mouth are a misprint, but it is quite hard to figure out what it was supposed to be just from the eyebrows and white mouth!
    @richselby OK, how about a hint. Is the head hollow or recessed?
    Stud is recessed. Never occured to me that misprints were a possibility. Makes sense. Could will be missing the black.
    @richselby This guy, unfortunately he is unidentified in the BL inventory. Kind of ironic, huh? http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3626cpb0288
  • TimsterCTimsterC Member Posts: 6
    Hi Folks,

Can anyone identify this part or set that it's from?
    I think it's 2582 but it appears to be in light grey and printed with a blue (tribal) symbol on it.

Thanks in advance for any help.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,103
    Isn't that Mutt Williams / Oliver Wood, just with the different stud.
    @oldtodd33 Yes, I think you're right. Good sleuthing. It's a misprinted version of 3626cpb0288 without the black. They eyebrows and mouth-fill white match. However I don't see the two tiny dots for white eyes either. Must have been a bad day at the print plant. Thank you very much.
  • AdelecAdelec UkMember Posts: 171
    Has anyone any idea what this large brick may be? It has Lego written on the studs but it is not compatible with duplo or Lego! It has pat pend written on the bottom. I have put it on a lego base with a duplo brick next to it to give you some idea of size.
    edited January 2015
    Interesting. It is an old style logo. So, maybe some kind of promo brick/part of some display/advert? An older, more blatant form of copying/cloning? An older, less successful 'ancestor' of Duplo?

[Edit] With an older logo on it, there's one man to call for identification...@istokg
    krklint
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,142
    Place your bets...

I'm going to go for promo item, it's the sort of thing you'd see in a play pit at a lego store.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 19,103
    edited January 2015
    It's a JUMBO brick.

Edit: bricklink entry ... http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=x1446
    plasmodiumandhe
    Option c), then!
  • AdelecAdelec UkMember Posts: 171
    Thanks very much, very interesting, though I am not sure it's much use by itself! I suppose I could try selling it on ebay.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    Cool, it looks even bigger than Quatro. Every time I click on this thread I learn something new. Great detective work everyone!
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442
    Howdy, folks.

Any idea what set this minifig comes from and who it is?

Thank you in advance!
    This a a torso and legs from different minifgs.
    Torso is from the Xtreme stunt sets, found here
    Legs are from the Kingdoms sets, found here
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,745
    I'm normally very good with identifying parts, but this one has me stumped. And idea what it is and where it come from?
    edited January 2015
  • SprinkleOtterSprinkleOtter Member Posts: 2,745
    Ah, thanks. :smile:
  • 77ncaachamps77ncaachamps Aspiring Time Traveler Stuck in the West (US)Member Posts: 2,442

This a a torso and legs from different minifgs.
    Torso is from the Xtreme stunt sets, found here
    Legs are from the Kingdoms sets, found here

Thank you, Colorado!

They looked like a match when I put them together! ;)
  • keiths1975keiths1975 Member Posts: 17
    I bought 3 boxes of lego and these parts are still intact...any ideas helping identifying them???
    @keiths1975 , top left is #8095, right is #8256. Unsure about the 3rd one.
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    Keiths1975... The middle one is from a Star Wars Brickmaster Book by DK, came with 240 bricks. Not sure if it has a Lego set number.
    ColoradoBrickskeiths1975