Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Master thread] Help identifying parts, sets and minifigs

Comments

• plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    The tall ones at the left are from the Jack Stone theme (circa 2000ish) except the top one which is Max from a creator series. The middle row (torsos, at least) are all late 80's knights, except for the 5th, which is an Imperial soldier from the late 80's Pirates line, and the last one which is King Matthias from Knight's Kingdom II (2004). The whitish head on the third one is from Alpha Team (c2003). The first two on the third line are forestmen, also from late 80s Castle. That's all I can do off the top of my head!
  • mr_legomr_lego Member Posts: 8
    Wow, that's fantastic! Thank you very much I really appreciate your help.
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 546
    Anyone recognise what set this structure's from?
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,667
    @Bobflip, it is #7673 , the sub assembly located page 15 of the instructions.

@Bobflip, it is #7673 , the sub assembly located page 15 of the instructions.

So it is... thanks!
  • adventure_aladventure_al Scotland Member Posts: 243
    Ok really strange one it's an exact genuine lego cast of the Viking woman headpiece but completely transparent.

Have I stumbled across a prototype? Or prelim cast? Or was this part of an actual set??

Where did you get it from? That might shed some light on it's provenance. I would say it could well be a prototype/prelim (do you have a photo of it and the normal one side by side to compare? Are they identical in shape?), but it might be from a clone brand. Sometimes they make Lego parts in weird colours, but I can't imagine why they would make transparent hair...
    It's Definately lego. Had the branding on the inside same as the coloured one.

I can take a photo side by side when home.

I've accumulated lots of random joblots of lego. (All genuine) and it was in amongst that.
    My only thought is there hasn't been some ice queen statue in a Harry potter (I'm not a fan u see) set or something?
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,138
    edited September 2014
    ^It's also missing the rest of the plaits. If it's got a lego stamp on it, it's either a proto piece, or someone's cast their own mould from an original lego piece (I've seen customisers do that).
    andhe said:

^It's also missing the rest of the plaits. If it's got a lego stamp on it, it's either a proto piece, or someone's cast their own mould from an original lego piece (I've seen customisers do that).

Ah well spotted. I hadn't dug my viking lady out yet, i was going from memory.

Im really intrigued by this piece I must say.
    andhe said:

Other than the missing plaits, it's pretty accurate - it'd be pretty hard to make a mold so precise, right? (ie, precise enough that you can read the Lego stamp?)

andhe said:

Other than the missing plaits, it's pretty accurate - it'd be pretty hard to make a mold so precise, right? (ie, precise enough that you can read the Lego stamp?)
    Yes the lego stamp is on the inside. In the standard tiny font we'd expect. Right where the head stud would be.

I'm sure it's lego but no closer to identifying it.
    Also the holes the horns go into are perfect and smooth and unobstructed.

If it is some sort of custom job it's absolutely immaculate.
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Trying to find out about this particular promo. I call myself searching everything Dino related on BL. Unless I just missed it. Can anyone help out? The copyright date on back says 2007.
    I don't think it is in BL, looks like it is larger than usual minifig promo from LEGOLand
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Thank you so much @andhe‌ & @ColoradoBricks‌!!!
    Apologies for my relinking. I hadn't seen Coloradobricks hidden link on my phone.
  • DrmnezDrmnez USA, Planet earth Member Posts: 859
    Does anyone know how to tell if this mini figure is legit or not?
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    It has yellow neck printing on the torso while everything else is flesh.
    well i looked at the pic of him in the vis dictionary and it has the yellow "under shirt" and looks like this. I do more research and see if I can find out some more info
    That torso is only currently used with yellow hands per today's Bricklink inventory.
  • mooman66mooman66 Member Posts: 122
    Hi all. I came across this part in a bulk lot. It's brick yellow, 1x16 and has part number 2465 printed inside. I can't seem to identify the set that uses this detail on it. Thoughts?
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
  • mooman66mooman66 Member Posts: 122
    Dohhh thanks. I was searching under brick yellow and didn't go to crazy town on the color options.
  • edgarallanpoe1422edgarallanpoe1422 AustraliaMember Posts: 131
    What on earth is this assembly here from?
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,884

What on earth is this assembly here from?

#7748 Corporate Alliance Tank Droid. :)
  • edgarallanpoe1422edgarallanpoe1422 AustraliaMember Posts: 131
    Ah so it is! Thanks.
  • AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    edited October 2014
    Was wondering what set or sets this was from. Whats got me confused is the metal inserted into the piece.
  • AndorAndor United StatesMember Posts: 252
    Thanks. Makes sense with the metal in it.
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    edited October 2014
    Anyone know the part number for the two images attached?
    edited October 2014
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    Legend Thanks @ColoradoBricks‌ :)
    Can anyone tell me the part numbers and/or where I can find these half star tiles. 2x4 tile btw
    Sorry for the sub par photo
  • edgarallanpoe14edgarallanpoe14 Member Posts: 18
    That grey structure on the far right 2/3rds of the way up with the stormtrooper in it has me intrigued. Can anyone ID it?
    Here's another image, at centre on the bottom.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,543
    ^an older AT-ST perhaps?
    ColoradoBricks
    Agree with @Bumblepants, looks like part of #7657
    edgarallanpoe14

Agree with @Bumblepants, looks like part of #7657

Yep that's definitely it. Thank you, excellent spotting!
  • GuroooGurooo Member Posts: 268
    edited November 2014
    Made an awesome flea market find today... Lots of lego from the 1950s! We have sorted and identified everything except these three.

The white headlight thingy has glass, the red one doesn't

Sorry, pic doesn't work, will post one in a couple of minutes.
    edited November 2014
    IMG_20141101_144706

There! Now off to the brag thread :)
    The 1x1x1 windows are pretty rare and pretty sought-after! The translucent thing was used to couple trains together, I think...
    @Istokg‌ Is the Lego historian around here, I'm sure he could tell you more!
    Gurooo
    Here are the red and white parts.

The part on top is this hinge
    Gurooo
    Thanks a lot, guys!
  • sunshine6100sunshine6100 Member Posts: 5
    Drmnez said:

Can anyone tell me the part numbers and/or where I can find these half star tiles. 2x4 tile btw
    Sorry for the sub par photo

I got these pieces at a TRU free build.
    It was the Captain America Shield.
    andhe
    Just two random bits I'm not sure about. Don't think they're Lego but wanted to confirm before getting rid!

• GallardoLUGallardoLU USAMember Posts: 644
    Bobflip said:

Just two random bits I'm not sure about. Don't think they're Lego but wanted to confirm before getting rid!

no clue what the larger item is, but the smaller looks like a brickarms Ammo clip (for belt feed machine guns)
    Don't get rid of the clip! They're really useful!