Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[Master thread] Help identifying parts, sets and minifigs

Comments

• oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,407
    ^ Oooh, train parts, that sounds fun. Post some pics of the parts and we might figure out which ones.
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 468
    Stumbled across a few minifigs at the weekend, can anyone tell me their names and which sets they're from?
  • beegeedeebeegeedee Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 380
    first one looks like a clone trooper, second is a storm trooper. number 4 looks like mace windu from the clone wars sets and If I'm right can be in either #8019-1 or #7868-1 but may be wrong. number 5 is 8 and 9 are gungans, 8 being jar jar binks and 9 being a soldier, possibly from #7929-1 Battle of Naboo. 11 looks like a sith of some kind but I'm not fully up on star wars figures so I'm not sure - the head is not something I recognise at all. 11 to13 look like they may be from the rebel trooper battle set although I think the head on 13 should be on the body of 12 (set no #8083-1)
    6 is probably a mandalorian from #7914-1 but I'm not sure. There's definitely some mixing up going on. as the storm trooper or clone trooper probably should have the black head that is in no 3.
    oops, started writing about 5 and got carried away...it looks like it's from a battle pack, #8084-1 Snow Trooper battle pack but may well be in other sets too.
    Also, the torsos from 3 and 7 are from Mars Mission theme
    edited May 2014
    Ok. More Info. The Storm trooper is an older design. The torso is a giveaway and it only appears in about a dozen sets. It's either http://brickset.com/minifigs?query=sw188 which is in sets from 2007-2010, only 6 too, or http://brickset.com/minifigs?query=sw188a If it's the 188a then it's from #6211-1 Imperial Star Destroyer or taken off of a magnet. It could be http://brickset.com/minifigs?query=sw271 too missing a black pauldron and if so, from #8092-1 Luke's Landspeeder.

It's also possible that it's http://brickset.com/minifigs?query=sw199, similar to 271 but a red pauldron instead.

Can you tell I'm bored at work?? :D
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,264
    Number 11 is a custom, or at least the head is. The torso and legs might belong to Emperor Palpatine.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,590
    ^ The torso is Darth Maul's. The Emperor has a dangly belt sash type bit printed on him.
    Cheers for the info so far! Collating it together in a text file now :-)

On closer inspection, 11 seems to be from one of the keyrings I think? The legs and head are glued together.

Definitely a bit of mixing up going on which I want to reverse, before deciding which to keep and which to sell on.

There was most of a Landspeeder in the box as well, as well as some other bits and pieces. Not a bad haul for £2...
  • PepperPepper Wisconsin, USAMember Posts: 91
    8 and 9 should have their torsos switched, then they'll be correct as Jar Jar and a Gungan Warrior. 3's torso is actually from a Magma Drone from the old Agents line in the helicopter set. 10 is from the 2008? City Coast Guard theme. 11's torso looks like the original Darth Maul's torso to me.
    Thanks for those! Looks like number 3 had the arm cone piece switched over. Also hadn't seen a minifig with a lever instead of a head before...

http://brickset.com/sets/8971-1/Aerial-Defence-Unit

Number 5 being from 8084 matches some of the other miscellaneous parts in the bucket, but the head is different to the one shown, and I haven't found it browsing the other Star Wars figs yet.
    Ah... here's the head piece! Will have to do a bit of Bricklinking to finish off a couple of these.

http://brickset.com/minifigs/sw187/Rebel-Scout-Trooper

Does anyone know what the head piece from 1 is from?
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,720
    edited May 2014
    Bobflip said:

Ah... here's the head piece! Will have to do a bit of Bricklinking to finish off a couple of these.

http://brickset.com/minifigs/sw187/Rebel-Scout-Trooper

Does anyone know what the head piece from 1 is from?

It's from a number of things. Mostly clones troopers.
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=3626cpb314&in=M
    http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=3626bpb314&in=M

The eyes are a of 1's head are a giveaway as part of a clone wars minifig. Nice haul for £2.
    edited May 2014
    CCC said:

Can anyone ID this torso? I believe it is a torso from a new figure, and cannot find it on brickset, bricklink or brickowl. The hands are tan.

I know it looks similar to Darth Maul / Emperor Palpatine torso, but it is not that one.

A little update ... head is tan.

Is it possibly from #7264-1 imperial inspection. The head doesn't match but torso does - here: http://brickset.com/minifigs/sw124/Emperor-Palpatine-Light-Bluish-Gray-Head-Light-Bluish-Gray-Hands
  • scrumperscrumper UKMember Posts: 323
    That was just an update with the head, it was identified as an unreleased palpatine from a microfighters video.

Yeah. It is not going to be Microfighters though, it is the free minifig with the soon to be released Dark Side book.
    Aanchirbobabricks
    Ok. Must've missed something. Been on hols.
  • edgarallanpoe1422edgarallanpoe1422 AustraliaMember Posts: 131
    I've had no luck tracking this one down, can anyone help me out? I want to strip the sticker as I need the black disc, but I want to make sure the part isn't uncommon or valuable with the sticker intact.
  • masterX244masterX244 GermanyMember Posts: 456
    having issues identifying the color of that part. sits between light and dark gray (new ones both time) and has a blueish tint still. partID is 2250
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 616
    ^Sand Blue, maybe?
    thanks. looks like the person i got that used lot ordered those separately
  • MiniFigHunterMiniFigHunter Member Posts: 113
    edited June 2014

@MinifigHunter the red one from the first image is certainly Exo Force ( #7701 ). remembered that causse i had exactly the same part when i sorted used lego a few days ago and i guess that the green and white wedges at the second image are Exo Force, too (similar font used as on the one part i know for sure)
    MiniFigHunter
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 616
    edited June 2014
    @MinifigHunter:
    Top middle-right: The yellow panels with clips and grey/silver stickers are from Anakin's Jedi Starfighter, #7256
    Top right: The brown radar dish pieces are likely from MTT, probably #7184 if it's the old brown color. The dark red cones may be from the Republic Cruiser #7665
    Lower left/lower middle-left: the blue wedge with sand-green printing is from Mini Jedi Starfighter & Slave I, #4487. Likewise, the white slope with black printing is from Mini Imperial Shuttle, maybe #4494. The circles with triangle shapes are from the Atlantis theme. The 2x4 45-degree slopes with red and yellow printing are also from a Star Wars set, can't remember if it's one of the ARC-170 fighter sets brickset.com/sets?query=arc-170 or something else...
    Lower middle-right: Almost all these parts are from either Star Wars or Atlantis (the triangle-circle parts) sets; astromech droid heads and bodies (and one from a buzz droid from #7256 and other sets). The white 2x2 tile with classic-space sticker is either from a Mars Mission set or possibly a MM sticker on the "wrong" part.
    Lower-right: I see lots of Star Wars, Atlantis, and Power Miners parts in the big pile.
    MiniFigHunter
  • MiniFigHunterMiniFigHunter Member Posts: 113
    @msterX244 and @Oldfan that has been a massive help and your wisdom have been great......

kind day to you both
  • sandtherapysandtherapy Member Posts: 108
    This 2x2 tile has me puzzled.
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    ^ That's 3068bpb420, came in heroica.
    andhe
  • sandtherapysandtherapy Member Posts: 108
    @vitreolum Thank you!
  • bobabricksbobabricks Vancouver, BC, CanadaMember Posts: 1,836
    @CCC where did you find this emperor? Just curious ;)

• mrbradfordmrbradford Fort Worth, Texas, USAMember Posts: 45
    Cannot find on bricklink. It's not DUPLO because the base only fits on LEGO.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,802
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 855
    Can anyone tell what the sets are in this picture?
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    edited June 2014
    #60008 Museum Break-In
    #60014 Coast Guard Patrol
    #60046 Helicopter Surveillance
    #60047 Police Station
    #70808 Super Cycle Chase (x2)
    #75005 Rancor Pit
    #75018 JEK-14's Stealth Starfighter
    #75019 AT-TE (x2)
    #79010 The Goblin King Battle

I can't make out the three smaller sets in the back.
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 855
    @binaryeye‌ you rock. Too bad when we got there ALL OF THEM were gone. A garage sale, as you may have guessed. Someone got a real deal. Alas, not us.
    From the thumbnail, it totally looks like someone has covered a grave in lego.
    vitreolum
  • mustnapmustnap Member Posts: 18
    Hi guys.

Another one from me. I've tried finding this piece on Brickset and Bricklink but to no avail.

The number on the piece is 30646

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
  • magrimagri UKMember Posts: 157
    @mustnap I think they're from #1381

Bricklink Part
    mustnap
    If you cannot find the part number on bricklink, try adding an asterisk, so 30646*. This picks up the variations like a,b,c etc that bricklink adds to the official part number. As their search is useless.
    andhemustnap
  • canuckcanuck Member Posts: 88
    I know its Vader's helmet but I've never seen the stud on it before. Any ideas?
    canuck said:

I know its Vader's helmet but I've never seen the stud on it before. Any ideas?

It's from one of the Darth Vader pens. The figs in those always have studs on their heads/helmets.
    andhe
  • canuckcanuck Member Posts: 88
    Bummer, I had hoped it was from an actual figure.
    canuck said:

Out of interest, does the helmet fit a standard head? Is the stud a standard size?
    edited June 2014
    andhe said:

canuck said:

Out of interest, does the helmet fit a standard head? Is the stud a standard size?
    Yes, if I'm remembering correctly (can't find my brother's Darth Vader pen at the moment to double-check). It might not have the same clutch power as a regular helmet because the quality of the LEGO pens is much, much worse than the quality of actual LEGO bricks, but the size of the stud should not be an issue.
  • Robbzy88Robbzy88 Member Posts: 20
    Hey guys my first post here, Been trying to figure out what sets I've had in the past now that I have got back into Lego after some nearly 15years, I have a few old bits and pieces but alot have been subsequently lost in that time, What I would love to know is any sets or subthemes this torso piece came in. So I can figure out which I had and maybe buy them again.

Click the photo for a larger one :)
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,407
  • Robbzy88Robbzy88 Member Posts: 20
    Thank you very much, Exactly the information I was looking for, Clearly I didn't look hard enough, Thanks again.
  • leg0fanleg0fan Member Posts: 37
    its so hard to tell...maybe Lego racers?
    leg0fan said:

its so hard to tell...maybe Lego racers?

Actually Extreme Team. I loved that theme as a child way more than I probably should have. The LEGO Mania Magazines probably had something to do with that.