Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[Master thread] Help identifying parts, sets and minifigs

Comments

• CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,264
    @JessyDooDah‌ - It is one of the shields that lines the upper deck in #79008 Pirate ship Ambush.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    @CapnRex101 How did you get in there? ;o)
    @rancorbait - Victory is mine! :o)
    beegeedee
  • sctty1987sctty1987 Member Posts: 24
    edited May 2014
    could someone please tell me what and where this head is from please
  • HokieJoe99HokieJoe99 Member Posts: 348
    Looks like a LEGO minifigure head from a LEGO set.
  • LusiferSamLusiferSam MontanaMember Posts: 470
    A better photo would help. Try using the macro setting on your camera (its the flower icon). It's would you use to take close up photos of small items, like flowers or Lego heads. But it looks like a gray version of this head.
    I think it might be this head, but I agree that a better photo would be useful.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,370
    edited May 2014
    Well. It is gray. I don't see a beard @CapnRex101. I see some red on his face near his left eye. That could just be part of the bad photo though.

Always use natural light in your photos when possible.

Spellcheck is useful as well ;)
    ColoradoBricks
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,739
    Brick link throws up nothing under Minifigure head or modified head so to me it looks like someone has printed on to the below part. There is no record of anything with a face in medium blue or bright light blue

http://www.bricklink.com/search.asp?colorID=42&itemID=637
    I thought the photo might have been washed out in that colour somehow, hence I wondered about 4261572. The smile also seems to rise a little further on one side than the other.

The only head I can think of with that kind of grey colouring is Peeves from the Harry Potter theme, but I do not think it is that one unless some of the printing has been scratched off.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    Or a yellow head that has been dyed/bleached grey? (Is that even possible?)
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    ^ Or perhaps the face was printed on the wrong head?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,240
    I looked through the Bricklink catalog under every color that that could possibly be for part 3626* which is the minifig head shape and didn't see anything that was remotely close. Does it have LEGO stamped in the stud? I'm thinking it is just a clone of some sort.
    @CapnRex101 your thinking of this head? That was my first thought too. The problem is it's not a grin. This unknown head clearly is grinning.
    @LusiferSam‌ - That is the only head of the correct colour I can think of, but I agree that the design is totally different. I still think it is this head, just with poor exposure in the photo I suppose.
  • plantmanplantman Member Posts: 97
    I think it is actually a bad exposure of a flesh colored head....
  • StuckTogetherStuckTogether Member Posts: 42
    edited May 2014
    photo 1e311d06-adc9-44c0-aed8-a632e5404e0e.jpg
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,640
    edited May 2014
    photo 80bd37fc-5171-420d-b12c-e0797ed1765b.jpg

photo 74624681-7707-4801-8ad8-51682484f31c.jpg

photo 50e3572f-6fee-4e09-9a69-ed2d04c1b05b.jpg

The trap door and windscreen mystify me, they don't seem to be part of any sets I ever owned, I don't have tan pieces, other than what I bought last month, and the translucent blue is very dark, darker than any other blue glass I have. I've sorted over 9000 of my pieces in the last 3 weeks and I would have noticed.

The tail rotor, confused me until you made it 2 parts- it's from 912-1 Universal Building Set
    dada solved!! the yellow thing is Fabuland Window Arch http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=fabai3

from Moe Mouse's Roadster 328-1
  • NorlegoNorlego ScotlandMember Posts: 444
    Got a pile of lego to sort. Does anyone know of a database/pdf of lego sets/mini-figures i can download? Dont have access to internet at home. I have searched but not found anything. I mainly build city sets from 2005 and onwards.
    updated picture and I am sorry for any bad spelling
    So, definitely grey (or pale blue). I'm stumped.
    its pale blue in colour
    edited May 2014
    @Norlego‌ That would be a pretty huge database! Even just counting City sets since 2005, there must be hundreds (386 according to Brickset)! Unfortunately I know of no such thing.

The only thing I can think of is to save Brickset catalogue pages year by year/theme by theme, for example, City sets in 2005, City sets in 2006 and so on. That way you might get them in one-page chunks. Like this: http://brickset.com/sets/theme-City/year-2005
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,370
    Can you take a pic at the top of the head?
    Wow. The beard is a total surprise. Good call @CapnRex101. Well I'm stumped.
  • cgundcgund Member Posts: 4
    Hi folks - new to the forums.

I have had this guy forever, since I was a kid, and all this time I thought he went to the one cool kit I had, 565 Moon Landing. I pulled out Moon Landing the other day to let my son play with it and learned I've been wrong all along. Can you help me identify what set he's from?

@cgund, that brick with the American flag is only found in #565 and #367, but non of them have that head on. Looks like a pieced together item.
    The flag is a decal applied crookedly by my probably nine-year-old hands, if that clarifies anything.
    Hmm, when I visit http://www.peeron.com/inv/sets/565-1 , it DOES show maxifigs like this one.
    OK, never mind, he is from 565 after all.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,720
    sctty1987 said:

any help welcome

The top stud doesn't look quite 'lego' so it may be clone brand. They often copy face prints, though why it's blue I don't know.

Any help on finding out which sets these bricks have come from are greatly received.
    The first picture has a bunch of early Star Wars bits (#7161, #7155, #7106). There's a red promotional brick in the bottom right (possibly valuable, but I have no idea). There's a map on the red plate which could come from an Adventurer's set, as well as some electronics/control panel pieces that could be Star Wars, Space or Aquazone (all late 90s, early 2000s). Also a castle wall panel (late 80's?) and lion-head gargoyle thingy (early 2000s).

Big coloured disc in the middle of the 2nd photo is from #4701 (as (possibly) is the 'scroll/parchment' tile on the red plate in the first picture) . The 'map' tile just above it could be from an Indiana Jones set (they all had the same map print) and the document/scroll tile is from the CMF graduating student. Quite a few bits from Exo Force or Mars Mission.

3rd picture, some Bionicles (which I don't really recognise) and bits from Jayko and King Matthias (#8771 and #8796).

Hope that helps.
    Norlego
    Very helpful. It will make the pile a little smaller!
  • MathyMathy Member Posts: 6
    Hello! I'm working on a SpaceX Dragon capsule recreation from a few posted photos. Many on a forum discussing SpaceX wanted a build plan, so I'm attempting to recreate the model digitally.

The image of this model is here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/8872966719/in/set-72157633773856983 I don't know how to download it, sorry about that.

There's a mahogany lego piece in the subassembly with the predominantly red structure. It seems to connect to four gray technic pins. Does anyone know what that piece might be?

Thanks for your help, it's much appreciated.
    @Mathy, looks like this Axle Connector Hub

@Mathy, looks like this Axle Connector Hub

Thanks! Also, what are the hinges on the same subassembly? I have a lot of them, but I'm not sure of the number. I believe it's on the mold, but I can't see the number.

Are those the two you are referring : Plate with clips and Plate with handle
    edited May 2014

Are those the two you are referring : Plate with clips and Plate with handle

Yes indeed. Thanks for the numbers, I was having some issues with finding them on the LDraw Bricksmith interface.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,802
    Norlego said:

Any help on finding out which sets these bricks have come from are greatly received.

The two mostly-complete BIONICLE figures are from #8952. The brown BIONICLE parts are from #8739.
    Norlego
  • DaraghDaragh IrelandMember Posts: 363
    Hi. Any idea what this part is from, it is magnetic, but I could not find it here or on bricklink.

postimg.org/image/i1t4ho4p9/
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,406
    edited May 2014
    This part came in minifigure sets with a magnetic base. The sets are listed on BL in the gear section. http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?G=74188
  • DaraghDaragh IrelandMember Posts: 363
    Thanks @oddtodd33 I thought it was from one of the train sets, I am going through a huge bulk lot and found a few train parts, but definitely not a full set so I was wondering if this would lead me to which set, unfortunately not :-(