Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Master thread] Help identifying parts, sets and minifigs

Comments

• DaraghDaragh IrelandMember Posts: 363
    edited September 2013
    Can anyone tell me what parts are used for the spotlight in the poster http://www.brickset.com/detail/?set=5002891-1 in particular the grey circular part and the light in the centre. Thanks.
  • DaraghDaragh IrelandMember Posts: 363
    Excellent, thank you.
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 538
    Anyone able to shed any light on these? First one is a set of 5 I suspect aren't Lego, but want to be sure. Second, I'm wondering what model it's from, and third one is definitely Lego but can't find which brick it is!
  • canuckcanuck Member Posts: 88
    Everything but the tire in the first picture is clone brand http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=50862
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 647
    Second picture is from one of the Naboo Starfighter (SW) sets, 7877. It's possible that the sticker is not applied to the parts suggested by the instructions...

Third picture is the old minifig legs, http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemIn.asp?P=15. The white color appeared mostly in the old hospital sets in the mid-70's.
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 538
    That's great, thanks all!
  • sandtherapysandtherapy Member Posts: 108
    A few pieces from my last random lot of used LEGO. Any ideas what sets any of these may be from?
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    The green-tan stuff in the upper right is from #4346 x-pod robo pod.
  • sandtherapysandtherapy Member Posts: 108
    @mressin Thank you!
  • jamiewjamiew Member Posts: 165
    I found these three pieces in a bin with a lot of Aqua Raiders sets. Almost thre it away thinking they were mega blocks but I can make out the Lego name underneath and 2002. Any ideas what set they're from?
  • ljames28ljames28 Member Posts: 88
    edited October 2013
    Looks like this part to me http://brickowl.com/catalog/lego-ball-3m-1-2-44359. I think two of them are the glow in the dark colour, but I'm not sure about the last one
    kylejohnson11
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,660
    edited October 2013
    ^^ Red/White one is from #7775

Edit: all 3 are...
  • jamiewjamiew Member Posts: 165
    Thanks!
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,874
    ljames28 said:

Looks like this part to me http://brickowl.com/catalog/lego-ball-3m-1-2-44359. I think two of them are the glow in the dark colour, but I'm not sure about the last one

One of them are Bright Red blended with White, and two of them are Phosphorescent Green (2006-2011 glow-in-the-dark) blended with Transparent.

If you're ever looking for multicolored parts like this in the Brickset parts database, you're most likely to find them in the Multicombination category, which is the category LEGO uses for most co-injected or pre-assembled parts. Those two are not there because they do not have pictures in TLG's parts database, but many others are.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,784
    Joseph said:

^ It's http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=973pb392c01 Unfortunately it does indeed seem to be rare.

What set is if from? BL does not seem to know.
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    edited October 2013
    Does anyone know if there was more than one version of the White Hose, Flexible 8.5L with Tabless Ends (Ends same color as Tube). If you look closely at the picture there are 5 small plastic injection marks along the tube. Thanks!
  • JosephJoseph Member Posts: 651

Joseph said:

^ It's http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=973pb392c01 Unfortunately it does indeed seem to be rare.

What set is if from? BL does not seem to know.
    According to bricklink it is "only known to have come on the Princess with Cloth Skirt magnet and key chains." That's all I know about it.
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Can anyone tell me what this might be from? It appears to be part of a tow truck or small crane. The sticker says "Circuit Cruiser" but not sure if it is a Lego sticker.
  • beegeedeebeegeedee Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 380
    It looks like it might be a #8067 Mini Mobile Crane but not the main build, the B Model I think. The yellow telescopic arm is in 6 different sets (5 if you don't count the collection) and only 2 of them are technic sets and I have the other and it definitely doesn't look like that. It may have been altered somewhat but I don't have this set so I can't say.
    @beegeedee Thanks, that's it but the sticker did not belong on it.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,784
    edited October 2013

Does anyone know if there was more than one version of the White Hose, Flexible 8.5L with Tabless Ends (Ends same color as Tube). If you look closely at the picture there are 5 small plastic injection marks along the tube. Thanks!

There are two types for 8.5L white hose, there are those with tab less ends (smooth end caps) and ones that are tabbed, which you have pictured.
    I believe all of the tabbed end ones have those injection marks, at least every one i have seen.
  • legogregorslegogregors Member Posts: 402
    @madforLEGO Thanks! I have three versions, the one pictured with injection marked(tabbed), a tabbed version without obvious injection marks, and a tabless version without obvious injection marks.

These differences between the two tabbed versions was of particular concern. Could it just be two different production runs? Thanks again,
  • bukormenbukormen Member Posts: 20
    Just bought a job lot of lego. I have built a lot of sets but have quite a bit left to build. Here is a photo, if you can spot some of the sets they could come from, then please enlighten me!
  • fizicystfizicyst Member Posts: 72
    bukormen said:

Just bought a job lot of lego. I have built a lot of sets but have quite a bit left to build. Here is a photo, if you can spot some of the sets they could come from, then please enlighten me!

Bottom row is 8673 (all the red ferrari guys and parts)
    Top left is 5614 without his hat
    4th guy on the top row is a fantasy era knight, although which one is tough to tell in that pic.
    It also appears that someone liked to color with marker on their star wars figures!

• mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    edited October 2013
    Are those Chrome Stormtroopers custom painted?
    Thanks for your help.
    Here is another photo. The red parts will be the ferrari car, but the brown????
    Pity about the custom painting... But on the star war figures nothing else....
    Thanks for your help.
    Here is another photo. The red parts will be the ferrari car, but the brown????
    Pity about the custom painting... But on the star war figures nothing else....
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    The blue-and-black build in the first one is part of a stormtrooper dropship, which explains the three stormtroopers and the black one (top row). #7667, I believe
    Oldfan
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    @bukormen The part in the upper right is from a ship motor assembly, should be either #7906 or #7899.
  • beegeedeebeegeedee Galway, IrelandMember Posts: 380
    The second item down on the left is from the city tractor #7634
    The medium stone ladder is only in 1 set, #7905 Building Crane.
    The red part near the top centre is in 19 different sets, see brickset.com/search/?part=4185661
    Thank you very much everybody. A lot of parts have found their home.
    In the photo below, the circular item is from 5614, the bucket from 7634 and the long item from 8673. But the brown ladder, which set did that come from? The part in top right hand corner looks like a boat or plane part.
    The brown ladder is from 7637. Is there a way to edit what one has written? (I am new on here...)
  • OldfanOldfan Chicagoland, IL, USAMember Posts: 647
    ^^Top right-hand corner is an engine housing from the large airplane sets (i.e. Passenger Plane 7893), http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=43121

If you have lots of Star Wars pieces, this part could also be from T-6 Jedi Shuttle #7931-1
    @bukormen: You can edit up to 6 minutes after you post, after that it's locked. I think a cog/gear symbol should appear at the left of your post if you put your mouse over it.
    This isn't really parts, but does anyone recognize this set?
    I think it's just parts, but it's impressive how you've managed to stick it to the ceiling.

(...or is that just the thumbnail upside down? ;-))
    MorkMan
    LOL @plasmodium -yes it's just the thumbnail upside down. But while hubby was looking for another set of instructions he found the instructions to this it is #5540
    Ah, of course. Alternate build. :)
    Yes, after I spent two hours poring over our set and anything airplane or airport related. Then I found the instructions he was looking for right where he looked.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    I just acquired a big box of loose parts/bricks locally, apart from getting an army of Orcs, Dwarves, Humans and 2 Queens, a king (from Castle Fantasy Era) and lots of mixed bricks I saw these in the box. Can anyone help me figure out which set do these belong to so I can try to build them up?

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,907
    If you type some of the text into bricklink, it will help.

For example, type EXO47* into a catalogue search

http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=3068bpb384

it appears in one set. Do the same for LAUNCH and you will find they are exo-force too.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Thanks @CCC, but other concern are these other built parts so was wondering if anyone here can help me identify what sets are they part of.
  • SchwallexSchwallex Member Posts: 121
    The last image is the 6208 B-wing Fighter.

• SchwallexSchwallex Member Posts: 121
    edited October 2013
    The second-to-last one is trickier. It appears to be the 6209 Slave I (2nd edition). Which makes a lot of sense seeing how we only just determined that you also have the 6208. However, the assembly must have been meddled with.

These hinges, in these numbers, only appear in six sets. Only one of them also has yellow grilles and 1×6 tiles of any shade of green. That set is the 6209.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    ^ ^^Wow, you are good!
  • mustnapmustnap Member Posts: 18
    Hi. I am new here and need some help with identifying this set that I had just bought.

Do you know if this is a part of any set/build? or is this a custom build?

Thanks.

• SirBenSirBen In the Hall of the Mountain KingMember Posts: 574
    edited November 2013
    @mustnap It looks to me like you have set #8270-1 Rough Terrain Crane, with some modifications
    mustnap
    SirBen said:

@mustnap It looks to me like you have set #8270-1 Rough Terrain Crane, with some modifications

Thank you!
    Another request. Can anyone help me identify from which set (or which minifigures) that these came from? (the heads i got from Lego store [build your minifigs]. The shields, the body, and one of the helmets i got them there too - so they might not be from any known sets, just stuff that Lego sells).

Thank you.