Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Master thread] Help identifying parts, sets and minifigs

Comments

• lannyjacklannyjack Member Posts: 39
    That's it! You are amazing, thank you :)
  • BrickbaseBrickbase Member Posts: 100
    On the internet I found a nice lot of vintage Lego, presumably from the '60's & '70's. Could anyone help me to recognize a set which is in this lot?
    This lot of Lego.
  • mressinmressin Member Posts: 843
    @Brickbase That is not Lego.
    mressin said:

@Brickbase That is not Lego.

The seller seemed pretty sure of herself, but you could be right. I need to contact her again.

edited October 2012
    @mressin

Do you know what it might be?
    edited October 2012
    @Brickbase I am absolutely certain that it's not Lego.

I have seen the brand (not this particular set) ca. 30 years ago as merchandise for a German bank (Sparda Bank). But I don't know the brand name of these bricks.
    @mressin

Thank you very much for your help. Now I will also inform the seller, then she can change the ad.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Member Posts: 3,639
    ^Maybe our in-house historian @Istokg can shed light on what those bricks might be?
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP Member Posts: 1,917
    @Istokg Hasn't been online since July. I really hope he is doing well.
    I can tell you that, unlike Lego, the studs on this brand point down. The two black elements on the lower left are for attaching tires.
  • Bluefox1966Bluefox1966 Member Posts: 360
    Is this a genuine mini-imagefigure head and if so what set is it from. thanks
    001.JPG 109.2K
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Member Posts: 2,680
    Looks like the head from the nesquik bunny. Part #3626bpb038
  • Bluefox1966Bluefox1966 Member Posts: 360
    @oldtodd33 That's it thanks.
  • MorkManMorkMan Member Posts: 900
    edited October 2012
    Two little minifigs. Probably from the 80's?
  • beegeedeebeegeedee Member Posts: 380
    fireman torso is here: 973p21c01
    There is no minifig as far as I can see with that torso and red legs.
    The other is a doctor torso used in 4 minifigs, 3 have white legs so it could be any of those: 973p25c01
    MorkMan
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    atkinsar said:

Picture for above!

@atkinsar I snagged the same piece in lime out of the first Jambalaya box a few months back and it stumped me for months! Even went through every lime piece on BL... Finally found it only to notice it's in several Ninjago sets (in lime!) just a day or two later doh! It's a tricky one to pin down isn't it.
    edited November 2012
    I keep finding more of these minifigs around...
    flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/8151683778/
  • bluemodernbluemodern Member Posts: 11
    Can anyone tell me which set this torso is from? I looked through the town minifig images and did not see it. The top of the neck post is marked LEGO. I am thinking it could be from set 6377 (since I had that as a kid) but that set shows a pilot with a small airplane logo and buttons on the torso, which this one does not have (and it doesn't seem to be worn off). Any help is greatly appreciated!
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    I think the gold wore off. There is wear on the white paint. The gold paint could have easily been simply less resistant to wear than the white paint.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Member Posts: 2,680
    ^ Yes, it is part number 973px189c01 the gold printing is notorious for coming off easily from the early years.
    bluemodern
  • bluemodernbluemodern Member Posts: 11
    Thanks! Because most of the white printing is still there I didn't think about the gold wearing off. I think it still looks good with the design like this.
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281
    I have a piece I kind find no info on the variation I have. At the time, I can not post a picture but will give all the regular info for the normal part.

What the normal version is:

part #3039p23 Slope 45 2 x 2 with Computer Screen Pattern

It's one of those old computer slopes from the 80's that were part of like the space sets that came in blue, gray, and white. Well, the thing is mine is gray but the three buttons are on the LEFT side, not the right. I see the inverted slopes come in left or right version but I see no such thing for the regular 45 slope.
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281

@Istokg Hasn't been online since July. I really hope he is doing well.

He's fine. He posts on Eurobricks all the time. Funny thing is tho on that site, his problem was his house was foreclosed on, not his health. His friend is buying his house back for him so now he can send out his orders.

• OldfanOldfan Member Posts: 704
    jdylak said:

I have a piece I kind find no info on the variation I have. At the time, I can not post a picture but will give all the regular info for the normal part.

What the normal version is:

part #3039p23 Slope 45 2 x 2 with Computer Screen Pattern

It's one of those old computer slopes from the 80's that were part of like the space sets that came in blue, gray, and white. Well, the thing is mine is gray but the three buttons are on the LEFT side, not the right. I see the inverted slopes come in left or right version but I see no such thing for the regular 45 slope.

I have one of those, too, in old gray. At first glance, I thought the printing was just backward, but when you compare to the standard printing, it's not a mirror image.
    edited November 2012
    Anyone seen this two piece set of the Superman symbol?
    I couldn't find it on bricklink - it's two 2x4 plates with half the Superman symbol printed on the top half and the other half on the bottom.
    imageimage
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @MorkMan you didn't happen to get that at the Pottery Barn Kids nameplate with superhero logo building even they had a week ago did you?
  • biotronbiotron Member Posts: 6
    I am trying to figure which part connects to the LEGO character torso piece.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/halfbeak/7306132044/
  • ludzikludzik Member Posts: 429
    dunno what ti's called but it's the part that has studs on the front and top.
  • graphitegraphite Member Posts: 3,275
    Do you mean this? From the CMF robot.

bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=98375
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Member Posts: 10,760
    edited November 2012
    it is a 1 x 1 brick with flush side stud I think, or 1 x 2 brick with two side studs if it exists
  • graphitegraphite Member Posts: 3,275
    Flicker highlighted the robot piece and I though you had it circled in the picture.

Looks like this is what you are talking about bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?P=52107
    hmm still doesn't look right
  • BombTecBombTec Member Posts: 110
    Could be this with the small studs in the holes.
    1x2 brick with 2 holes
    er this is what I meant see how its not flush
    Sm pegs
    Invert your deflector dish the other way, use a 1x2 plate. top of the dish has a small hole that will marry up with the small post in the underside of the plate
    Designer may not understand non-standard attachments of legos
    BombTec said:

Sm pegs

Invert your deflector dish the other way, use a 1x2 plate. top of the dish has a small hole that will marry up with the small post in the underside of the plate

would you mind doing it in LDD ? :D
    here is the file
    Here ya go :oD
    biotron
    thanks!
  • sandtherapysandtherapy Member Posts: 108
    Greetings fellow Lego lovers,
    I have built numerous star wars sets from large lots of random Legos I've acquired over the last couple of years. Thanks to Brickset, Peeron and DK, I tend to be pretty good at identifying parts and pieces. These however, with the sticker have me stumped.
    edited December 2012
    Came in the Indiana Jones set #7621-1
  • sandtherapysandtherapy Member Posts: 108
    Thank you BombTec, The R2D2 and C3P0 graphic threw me for a loop. If only I'd focused on the Pharaoh.
  • paul_mertonpaul_merton Member Posts: 2,967
    Which set is this? I can't find it in the database (it's not #3055)

• paul_mertonpaul_merton Member Posts: 2,967
    Actually, more to the point, what is it supposed to be?!
    It is #3055, but an alternative build. See Peeron or brickfactory.info. It looks to me as if the set didn't come with proper building instructions and the owners have/had to guess from the box how to build it.
  • kezkez Member Posts: 831

Which set is this? I can't find it in the database (it's not #3055) *snip*

@paul_merton
    I have that set, I got it for a £1 from a car boot, he had a full boxful of them and they were all MISB, on the other side of the box you can rebuild it into a car, ^ it does come with building instructions. This set is supposed to be an aeroplane/car I hope it helped. (It s #3055 because its a 2in1 set) :)