Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Master thread] Help identifying parts, sets and minifigs

1101102103104105107»

Comments

• The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,451
    6 is an Imperial Security/Immigration Officer from the Solo Imperial Patrol Battle Pack  #75207. Just missing the helmet
  • NOTWNOTW AmericaMember Posts: 1
    Looking to build these battle droids from YouTube user hachiroku24, he has given a parts list as a photo.  I am new to Lego so I am not familiar with all the part names. Does anyone have this in a list with part numbers so I can order the pieces or is willing to help me find the part numbers?  Thank you!!

andhe
  • sonofrich2sonofrich2 NAMember Posts: 18
    I remember a thread a while back about a camera / scanner system that was able to id minifig parts.  If I remember correctly it was only available for Windows or Mac & was about 170 EU.  It may have been posted pre-pandemic.  If you think its worth the investment.
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,794
    I remember a thread a while back about a camera / scanner system that was able to id minifig parts.  If I remember correctly it was only available for Windows or Mac & was about 170 EU.  It may have been posted pre-pandemic.  If you think its worth the investment.
    You're probably thinking of Instabrick. Instabrick: Part identification system — Brickset Forum

I have it and use it frequently. Not as good at identifying minifigures as the Brickset users who post in this thread, but very useful if you have hundreds of jumbled minifigure parts.
    FizyxAstrobricksWesterBricksandheBrickfan50
  • flordflord CanadaMember Posts: 797
    I'm trying to determine if I have some fake Lego. One torso has a neck marking and not the other. Had the procedure for printing figs changed during this era? These Kai torsos both have "Lego" printed on the neck. Both have "Lego" printed on the legs.

I also have a hood that does not have a Lego stamp inside like other ones I have. Instead, there's a "2". Not sure if you can see it in the photo. Is this hood genuine Lego?

Thanks for you help. 
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,817
    @flord short answer - yes. Not exactly sure when printing methods changed, and likely these figs were made in different factories hence the different manufacturing methods. Not every lego part will have lego printed on it, depends on the space available. 
    rd1899
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 3,019
    I feel like I recently recall Huw mentioning something about the black marking on the neck going away at a certain time. This was used to align the torso before printing (or so I believe the story goes). 

I would assume both torso's are genuine as well as the mask.
    andhe
  • sonofrich2sonofrich2 NAMember Posts: 18
    You're probably thinking of Instabrick. Instabrick: Part identification system — Brickset Forum

I have it and use it frequently. Not as good at identifying minifigures as the Brickset users who post in this thread, but very useful if you have hundreds of jumbled minifigure parts.
    That might be or it's similar.  The one I remembered had either white or light grey walls, with 4 walls. Had to remove top I think to put the pat into it. 
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 421

My son was putting together #75312 and there are 4 of these things in a bag with some other parts. I flipped through the book a couple times and can’t figure out what it is or where it’s supposed to go. Sorry for the dumb question but any help is appreciated 
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,366
    @kbw it doesn't actually get used in that set: it's a visor intended for Clone troopers' helmets, though it will work on Boba and Mando's helmets too. The other parts are the rangefinder that goes on Boba's helmet. 
    They are packed together in that little bag to make it easier for yhe machines to pack the boxes, and you get spares since they're so tiny and easy to lose.
    I don't know if they fit on other helmets, like City motorcycle helmets; I've never tried.
    kbwandheBumblepantsgmonkey76
  • kbwkbw NCMember Posts: 421
    @kbw it doesn't actually get used in that set: it's a visor intended for Clone troopers' helmets, though it will work on Boba and Mando's helmets too. The other parts are the rangefinder that goes on Boba's helmet. 
    They are packed together in that little bag to make it easier for yhe machines to pack the boxes, and you get spares since they're so tiny and easy to lose.
    I don't know if they fit on other helmets, like City motorcycle helmets; I've never tried.
    Much appreciated. It was sort of driving me crazy haha. I don’t recall seeing pieces that aren’t used in a set before, so that was all new to me. Thanks again
    andhe560Heliport
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,817
    kbw said:
    Much appreciated. It was sort of driving me crazy haha. I don’t recall seeing pieces that aren’t used in a set before, so that was all new to me. Thanks again
    They are kind of like the modern equivalent of the vintage parts that used to come on a plastic wheel (tools/hat feathers). Often the set would only require one of the feathers for example, but the wheel gave you all three variations. Interesting to see if these modern parts reach the crazy prices of those tiny feathers in the future though. 
    560Heliportkbwgmonkey76
    I picked up a couple of $7 bags of parts at Savers yesterday, all incomplete builds. Anybody recognize the sets? Seems to be some Star Wars, City, and Batman all jumbled together. 
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFW/BGMember Posts: 7,437
    The olive green vehicle was Ninja Turtles.
    datsunrobbieAstrobricks
    The olive green vehicle was Ninja Turtles.
    #79115 - thank you @Bumblepants

I figured out these 2
    #60002 - firetruck
    #75201 - First Order AT-ST

• binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,793
    The F1-looking Creator car is #31002.
    datsunrobbieAstrobricks
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 241
    #31081 modular skate is the bottom right two chunks. 
    datsunrobbieAstrobricks
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,366
    edited November 2
    The rubber tracks and 6 red wheels is from #6860 The Batcave.
    Behind that us #75194 First Order TIE fighter Microfighter.
    Behind that is #75022 Mandalorian Speeder.
    datsunrobbieAstrobricksandhe
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 880
    edited November 4
    Upper left corner:

Batman vehicle (something on Ice? Aquaman is encased in 2 ice walls in the set)

& one of the semi trailer (2 sets are named "'Mobile Police Unit") from CITY. The white 2x6 plate is a desk for 2 cops positioned in the semi trailer.
    datsunrobbie
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 880
    gelkster said:
    Upper left corner:

& one of the semi trailer (2 sets are named "'Mobile Police Unit") from CITY. The white 2x6 plate is a desk for 2 cops positioned in the semi trailer.
    #7288 Moblie Police Unit
    datsunrobbie
  • truck730truck730 Member Posts: 358
    You've got the police truck rig and the access doors for the trailer
    datsunrobbie
    Thank you all for helping out, will be posting another batch soon. 

560HeliportSwitchfoot55
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,754
    Any ideas on this fella?  Been trying to find the torso but have failed. He also has a little pair of fabric coat tails..

• TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,754
    TheFew said:
    Any ideas on this fella?  Been trying to find the torso but have failed. He also has a little pair of fabric coat tails..

Oh well, finally found it. The torso is an Alfred Pennyworth from The Batcave Breakin. Albeit with the wrong hands.
    560HeliportSwitchfoot55Fizyx
  • red237red237 Member Posts: 318
    Can someone please help me identify this piece? We are moving (moving LEGO is PAINFUL)! and it may belong to a collectible minifigure, but we just aren’t sure? Thank you! 
    Actually, we just found simeone who could read it! #99809!
    Thanks @Astrobricks - definitely put of place and from a Dino set!
    Astrobricks
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,330
    red237 said:
    Actually, we just found simeone who could read it! #99809!
    A magnifying glass and bright light are your friends when trying to read Lego part numbers :)
    red237
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 3,019
    My phone has a magnifying glass app on it that allows me to use my phone light too. It even lets me snap a picture. It's come in handy several times when identifying LEGO parts. 
    Astrobricksdatsunrobbiered237WesterBricks