Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Master thread] Help identifying parts, sets and minifigs

Comments

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,704
    I’m not sure this is the right place to post this, but….

Just looking through some parts on BaP on Lego after the new changes. Looking at element 6064834/ design I.D. 70885 Hippo. It has no picture on the Lego website and it doesn’t seem to exist here or on Bricklink (although I find Bricklink a nightmare to navigate). Can anyone help me out please ? Is it just a duplo hippo or some random part with a strange name ? It’s £18 odd so seems expensive.

Oooh interesting. The last duplo hippon was 2020 so seems unlikely that they would be stocking that.

With lego's strange termology it could very possibly be some hippo looking brick (??) but you may have stumbled onto the next City Wildlife set, hippo seems a logical next step.

They also have blue forestmen hats in stock (from the cmf) so I'm secrectly hoping that's for some castle themed 90th doodad.

560Heliportsonatine01
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,163
    Is a hippon a Japanese hippo? 🤔
    560Heliportgelkster
  • sonatine01sonatine01 Daventry, EnglandMember Posts: 775
    andhe said:
    I’m not sure this is the right place to post this, but….

Just looking through some parts on BaP on Lego after the new changes. Looking at element 6064834/ design I.D. 70885 Hippo. It has no picture on the Lego website and it doesn’t seem to exist here or on Bricklink (although I find Bricklink a nightmare to navigate). Can anyone help me out please ? Is it just a duplo hippo or some random part with a strange name ? It’s £18 odd so seems expensive.

Oooh interesting. The last duplo hippon was 2020 so seems unlikely that they would be stocking that.

With lego's strange termology it could very possibly be some hippo looking brick (??) but you may have stumbled onto the next City Wildlife set, hippo seems a logical next step.

They also have blue forestmen hats in stock (from the cmf) so I'm secrectly hoping that's for some castle themed 90th doodad.

I was hoping the same. With Lego animal pricing increases, £18 could be about right for a new regular hippo ? A hippo or rhino or something similar seems plausible for the next safari type animal too. 

I figured if it was a strange random brick then surely at that price it would have to be mechanical and someone on here would point it out.

Alas, I’ve been messaged by another member who said it’s the DUPLO hippo just packaged as a whole, hence the lack of an element number etc. 

I’ve learnt some things about Bricklink at least and that DUPLO animals are super expensive. Good spot on the hat too, hopefully it’s not just a straight rehash of the CMF coming our way.

• LevianiLeviani SwedenMember Posts: 4

Hi! Brand new member here. I assumed that this was a bit more involved than the general brick identification thread, and thus made a separate thread about it.

A few years ago I took it upon myself to sort and sell our familys LEGO collection. Lots of 80s and 90s sets from when me and my brothers were young, but also some that obviously were from my parents youth. The older pieces i put aside, and this thread is mainly about identifying things about them. While I will be selling everything it won't be in this thread. 

https://imgur.com/a/ecTfo96

The standout piece is the marbled baseplate. No LEGO markings on the studs, but I have seen a few other similar examples while searching. Anything more to tell about it? Good condition? Anyone with a better eye than me that can use the observations here to tell anything?: https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/22052488091/

The Bageri sign is noteworthy for not being on Bricklink (as far as I've seen), just german and danish ones. Anything known about that? As rare as that makes it seem? I have since seen two other examples on Flickr.

Anything else that stands out to people in the know? I'll supply more pictures if you wish.

After my own attempts of googling for clarity there are several people that I would love to hear from: The first two I know are on this forum, anyone with contact info to the others?

Istokg

WoutR

WRme2

Legosammler2

RB-BBSL

/Leviani

• DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 741
    You have some of the early Geas Prima bricks that were licensed by LEGO for production for the Swedish market. These are the slotted bricks without logo and the marbled baseplate that goes with it.

Quoting Gary Istok https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/77152-unknown-lego-sets/

Early 1954-56 PRIMA sets... These sets appear to have been produced by NORSKE LEGO A/S of Oslo Norway, an early producer of LEGO parts for Norway and Sweden. Why a PRIMA named set that had all the LEGO parts and brochures and box types, but with the PRIMA name (and not LEGO)... this mystery has never been explained. I talk about this in Chapter 2 of my LEGO DVD/download (early LEGO sets). The entire reason for PRIMA's existence is shrouded in mystery... neither TLG nor Norske LEGO has any information on these sets, which sometimes have parts with the LEGO logo, and an exact duplicate of the LEGO catalog. (down to the set designs and parts packs)... but with a PRIMA logon on the box and brochure. The only real oddity is that the parts are not made of Cellulose Acetate, but Polystyrene...

Fizyx
  • DeMontesDeMontes North YorkshireMember Posts: 741
    The Bageri brick is also mentioned within Gary’s guide on page 5 here:  

https://www.1000steine.de/brickset/miscellaneous/Lego%20Chapter%2048%20Vol2.pdf

560HeliportIstokgAstrobricksFizyxMr_Crossstlux
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,326
    I think that @DeMontes has pretty much covered it all... although in the many years since some of my posts there have been a few pieces of information that can be added.

Geas Automatic Binding Bricks and PRIMA bricks are both productions of GEAS KONSTHARTS of Gislaved Sweden.  The first was sold from 1950-53, the latter from 1953-55.

Also, the thin 10x20 bricks sold by the Norwegian LEGO Subsidiary...  called A/S Norske LEGIO... used mainly 10x20 baseplates that were nailed to a wooden base.  These all have this type of bottom...

And were nailed to a wooden base...

That was 1953-54.  In 1954 the thick 10x20 regular baseplate was introduced in Norway... but sometimes in some amazing colors... such as this one in a trans-blue color...

Astrobricks560HeliportFizyxjason1976pxchrisMr_CrossvizzitorLevianistlux
  • LevianiLeviani SwedenMember Posts: 4
    Thank you so much Demontes and Istokg! You have been very helpful :-)

For those interested I've dropped auction links in the Marketplace. I hope that they will find good new homes :-)

/Leviani
  • Blockwork_OrangeBlockwork_Orange ON, CanadaMember Posts: 152
    I picked up this set of instructions for a LOTR set but haven't been able to find any information as to where it came from or how it was sold.  I have a hunch that it was maybe a promo item similar to the Blacktron 6861 and M-Tron 6862 "Secret" vehicle sets or was it part of a co-pack that was available in limited stores?  

Bumblepantspxchris
    ^ It obviously looks like a set of instructions for combining sets #9470 and #9471. Given it only shows Uruk-Hai figures, I’d guess it came in 9471, but maybe both?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,307
    I've never seen it before. It didn't come in the regular sets (at least, not here). I do remember some MOCs of "Uruk-Hai training" on flickr done in the style of the Ninjago training sets that were popular way back then. But this looks official.

That's a really nice find and worth hanging on to for an LOTR collector.

BumblepantsAstrobricksgmonkey76
  • The_RancorThe_Rancor Dorset, UKMember Posts: 2,331
    I bought both of those sets at the time and got no combo instructions. The combo kind of looks like the separate Forge set with light brick.
    Astrobricks
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 1,926
    I picked up this set of instructions for a LOTR set but haven't been able to find any information as to where it came from or how it was sold.  I have a hunch that it was maybe a promo item similar to the Blacktron 6861 and M-Tron 6862 "Secret" vehicle sets or was it part of a co-pack that was available in limited stores?  

I saw this on eBay - glad it was a forum member who grabbed it. This was the very first time I've ever seen/heard anything about these instructions at all either. I did some Google searching to no avail as well. It's definitely a curious item. It was obviously something pretty rare, perhaps even something they were going to originally include with one or both of those sets but then decided to scrap.

If you're of the mind to share, I would absolutely LOVE to see scans, or good photos, of the whole instruction book.
    andheAstrobricksdavetheoxygenmangmonkey76
  • DarkKnight707DarkKnight707 SomaliaMember Posts: 2

Can anyone help me identify this set? I lost the instructions, I believe its from a free Batman set I got from the Lego store with another purchase, thx!
    They have a Lego store in Somalia? 
    Bumblepantsdavetheoxygenman
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,760
    Find LEGO Sets | Rebrickable - Build with LEGO

I tried looking up on Rebrickable, but came up with nothing that has 6150082, 4174834, and 6055519 all in the same set.
  • sipusssipuss PolandMember Posts: 144
    I'm not seeing anything sharing those black curved panels and red bent liftarms, either.
  • DarkKnight707DarkKnight707 SomaliaMember Posts: 2
    its definitely Batman related, Im so frustrated
  • gelkstergelkster MN, USAMember Posts: 829
    edited April 21
    lego for sale on Marketplace, trying to determine that certain set but no luck. Going by white 6x6 dish, white(?) domed windscreen, black or dark bley octagonal plate, modified, & curved brick. Getting close to either #7939 Cargo Train or #3368 Space Center
    edited April 21
    This part isnt in either set, however.

Make it a game! Hints please
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 425
    edited April 21
    I think it looks like Duel on Naboo #75169. I just had a look at the instruction pages and it matches up with the arrangement of parts on the last page. The dome and dish are trans clear rather than white.
    gelksterandhe
    vizzitor said: The dome and dish are trans clear rather than white.
    Yep, that was my mistake. Thanks!
    @gelkster they aren't white. That threw me at first, there trans-clear.

If I said it depicted 3 guys hitting each other with light-sticks would that be enough of a game?

Answer:

gelkster
    edited April 21
    Well the game is over lol  I get the feeling from the last time I did this that ppl here dont like to mess around 😂😂🤷‍♂️

Funny thing is I literally was just looking at that set's pic over on BL & thought "hmmm, no white 6x6 dish there"
    Hadn't seen @vizzitor 's comment as the page didn't refresh while I faffed around doing the same process of looking up the backpage of the instructions... At least I tried to play the game... :D
    It could also be the game of throwing in some Star Wars instructions into a bulk lot to make it appear more valuable.
    560Heliportgelksteroldtodd33
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,702
    Glad to know I'm not the only one that does this with potential bulk lots. I'll spend more time than I wish to admit trying to determine the possibility of a certain set in a bin. 

Currently working on sweet talking my way into buying a full monorail track (not train or other pieces included). The whole lot isn't worth my time, but the tracks certainly would be!
    gelkster
    Glad to know I'm not the only one that does this with potential bulk lots. I'll spend more time than I wish to admit trying to determine the possibility of a certain set in a bin. 

Currently working on sweet talking my way into buying a full monorail track (not train or other pieces included). The whole lot isn't worth my time, but the tracks certainly would be!
    If you take that long to decide, don't others jump in and buy it?
  • Switchfoot55Switchfoot55 The Northwest, USAMember Posts: 2,702
    Occasionally. There are plenty where I see something immediately and know I want it, so I jump on it right away. 

Other times I'm on the fence. Those lots aren't enough to make me just take the risk without looking. If I dig a bit on Bricklink and see something, I'll circle back to it and hope it's still there. I've lost out on plenty doing it that way, but my budget doesn't really allow for every purchase anyway. 
  • espearespear USAMember Posts: 9
    Looking for info on what set this is from.  If not part of a Set then how would you finish the nose?  Thanks in advance!

• datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,760
    Looks like a conglomeration put together by a kid trying to use all the parts in perhaps multiple #1298 sets.
    Switchfoot55560Heliportiwybsgmonkey76
    espear said:
    Looking for info on what set this is from.  If not part of a Set then how would you finish the nose?  Thanks in advance!

Poland's Space Shuttle?
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,729
    So how do I get these apart without damaging them?

AstrobricksFizyxTheFew
    edited May 11
    No damage to myself? Where’s the fun in that? ;-)

Also, butter knives aren’t serrated.
    Fizyx
    edited May 12
    Yeah, it works with the spine of a regular table knife too! It's a good technique so we can let him off for his lack of butter knife knowledge.
    Astrobricks
  • TheFewTheFew EnglandMember Posts: 1,729
    @CCC thanks for that. It seemed to work. The inner DBG part did end up shedding a few small plastic shavings, but nothing worrying. 
  • sirrich69sirrich69 Member Posts: 515
    Hopefully some wise people can help me out here.

I bought a load of used LEGO a few years ago, Just been sorting out a few bits and pieces and came across this that interested me, however cannot find any info from Bricklink, i.e. not listed there. Checked under Vehicle Base, then put in the code 3988. (what I believe it to be from the back)

The majority of sets I purchased were purchased in 2004-2007. With the bulk of sets in 2005 and 2006.

The date code on this part I believe is 1/06 but cannot find any sets produced in 2006 or 2007 that had this part.

A close up of the date code and part ID I think has it as 3988

The base is 4 x14 studs, and has LEGO imprinted on each stud.

Thanks
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,335
    Brill thanks

Never even thought to look at Fabuland, as have no fabuland figures, mainly Star wars and a few city sets.
    bandit778
    And just looked, that chassis was only in 2 sets, and from looking at the 2 sets and other parts I have, it is this set.

https://www.bricklink.com/catalogItemInv.asp?S=LLBUS-1
    bandit778 said:
    And as we can see, the part number is 3888, which seems kind of obvious in the picture :)
    Knew it was Fabuland right away.
  • mikarummukainenmikarummukainen Canberra Member Posts: 3
    Anyone know the part details of this classic yellow space keychain? I have found the white and blue ones online but can’t find this yellow one with the square chain loop on the helmet. 
    andhe
    Yeah, I saw the bricklink listing but as you mentioned the loop is at the rear. I just can’t this iteration anywhere!
  • jason1976jason1976 LondonMember Posts: 281
    My first thought was that it may not be genuine Lego as in all the pictures I can find in Google searches they yellow guys have red squares not black squares on their back and the loop on the back of the helmet, and it might just be my eyes but the space logo looks every so slightly lower on yours than on others too.....

But then I found https://www.bricklink.com/v2/catalog/catalogitem.page?G=KC055#T=S&O={"iconly":0} and while he's one of the red guys, the loop is square and on the top of the helmet, and now I'm wondering if there have been design changes over the years?
    I saw the red one as well which has the correct square loop on the top of the helmet but also has air tanks and therefore no logo on the back. Pretty sure the black version is the same. 
    It has me stumped!
  • WhyNotSmileWhyNotSmile BelfastMember Posts: 6
    Can anyone identify either of these pieces? Thanks!