Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

New Brand Store in Sheffield, UK

Comments

• TyoSoloTyoSolo Member Posts: 539
    We could just call them tomorrow and ask them how they plan to play it?
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Member Posts: 844
    @TyoSolo ill be wearing a tee with this on...

Look out for me. :)
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,258
    ^^ I was half joking, not sure really but very much doubt I'll be there at 7, my wife wouldn't be too chuffed about that!
    ^ Mine will be the same, ill leave by about half 7 have to travel from Alfreton.
  • LegoboyLegoboy Member Posts: 8,827
    teamladd said:

Top t-shirt by the way - spot on! Received mine yesterday. Thank you.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Member Posts: 4,027
    All jokes aside we need to calm down a wee bit here. Despite the que and the problems getting to the till because they were strictly limited to one per person when I popped back after some breakfast to fill a PAB cup there were still around 10 left at 11am.
    ^ good to know.

@teamladd, Alfreton huh, I'll be travelling from Crich which isn't too far from there. Staying at my mum's for the weekend, she's kindly agreed to look after my kids whilst I go chasing plastic bricks again.
    flump said:

teamladd said:

Top t-shirt by the way - spot on! Received mine yesterday. Thank you.

@flump, thanks! Can't interest you in a large adults? Have been let down so have a spare.

@atkinsar, that is very close. Similar situation. Wife will look after little one while I do a flying visit to meadowhall. Looking forward to it. Think I know what I'm buying. :)
    @teamladd - There's always one!! Send me a pm with a price.

@Kevbags - PAB? Really???
    ^ Not for me I can assure you.
    edited August 2012
    ^ Atishulshit. Sorry, bless me.
    PAB, that reminds me, what's the model for September?
    edited August 2012
    Unlikely, but is anybody from my neck of the woods going up to Sheffield store opening next week? Not looking for a lift, but rather a courier. :-) I live in Maidenhead, Berkshire. J.
  • VenunderVenunder Member Posts: 2,659
    I thought about going to Sheffield but "the Manchester experience" sounds daunting.
    Even though some bricksetters seem to have enjoyed the que experience.
    @teamladd - I'll keep an eye out for you!

The name is Rich if anyone sees me.
    @TyoSolo - you too, my real name is Jon :)
  • bricksanbricksan Member Posts: 566
    I'm planning on going on the Saturday, if the car is fixed in time. Hope to see a few people there
    @bricksan where are you travelling from?
    Deepcar
  • SilentModeSilentMode Member Posts: 586
    Depending on what it is, could someone grab me one of the Sunday's giveaways please. I have money. :)
    ^ It's the mini store set like Manchester. Strictly limited to one per person
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,830
    True. ^ and to try to get 2 is really against the spirit of the event as it will just deprive someone else of one later in the morning. Still, I have no doubt people will try to find ways so they can sell one for profit...
  • SilentModeSilentMode Member Posts: 586
    Not the mini store set...
  • mcvitiemcvitie Member Posts: 292
    Can someone please clarify what the minimum i need to spend to get 15% off and the freebie?
    15% off everything I believe no minimum spend. You need to spend £25 after discount to get the store model. Spending £50 won't get you two models though. Nor will multiple transactions.
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 377
    What time is everyone planning on arriving? Would 8:30 be too late/madness?
    edited August 2012
    8.30 will be fine. It would be ludicrous if they had no free mini stores for the genuine 9am published promotion. (if that is what you are after)
    I plan on being there at about 8-8:30. Throwing caution to the wind, but I would like a bit longer in bed.
    ^ Hit the sack a little earlier then ;-)
  • historymanhistoryman Member Posts: 377
    I know this has been asked a lot of times already but how do I prove I am an AFOL? I have joined the VIP program, but it was only a month ago so my card hasn't yet arrived. Do you think it will be ok for me to just give my email address and VIP number? I have shopped at the Sheffield store 3 times already and spent a considerable amount each time.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,331
    ^ do you look like an adult?

Im surprised sheffield are doing the afol thing as surely they have enough on tomorrow. Including a ten percent discount anyway. I would also expect the stores not to be given away until 9am and anyone in store to be kicked out before the 'opening'.
    ^ it's been confirmed somewhere on the forum that they will be giving out stores within the AFOL time slot.
    Yes spoke to the Sheff manager earlier and you can get the exclusive in the AFOL hour.
    Tomorrow sees the Haunted House go on sale, plus series 8, and CMF packs as well.
    I will be there just look for the bloke with the black mohawk :-)
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation Member Posts: 5,572
    ^ Series 8 minifigs available tomorrow too?? It's a bloody good job I've just been paid :-S
    @LostInTranslation,

I thought you were not going?!?

rich
    I only found out earlier myself. Although I was told that they were exclusive to Tesco for first month.....
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation Member Posts: 5,572
    @richo - I'm not going to Sheffield... going to one of the London stores, so I'm hoping they'll have some :-)
    edited August 2012
    ^ arr ok. shame you couldn't make Sheffield. I would have got Isabel to tell you about the dog show set you still need that she recently got for her birthday!
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    eeep! so excited for tomorrow and I don't know why! just swung by this evening and there were only 2 TH out on display (slightly battered boxes) - been promising Nick the TH for months, so hope you all leave me one! Will be there about 8.30 ish too. See you all then
    See you in the morning @savage_steel
    Does anybody know if all the main doors to shopping center will be open at 8 or only certain ones?
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    Good question. The ones near Argos tend to open early/late and the Oasis ones. I would imagine the main ones do too. I used to work there at Argos (a LONG time ago) I wonder if you can still just wonder in the fire escapes as we used to...?
    For Meadowhall use the Oasis ones as they will be open as the food court is open at that time.
    So park in the Orange car park and go in at the food court? Ta Savage and Bricksan
    No probs @teamladd see you in the morning :-)
  • legonut80legonut80 Member Posts: 314
    I'm so excited too, I keep changing my mind as to what I'm planning on getting. I hope to be there about 8/8:30am with an hour drive there I'd best get an early night :)
    Thanks about which doors to use and where to park, we always park in the yellow one so will be fun in the morning, I'll be the one looking tired and lost :)
    I forgot to add they also have loads of Minecraft sets in stock.
  • RainbowConnectionRainbowConnection Member Posts: 58
    I'm gutted I won't be there tomorrow, truely am - damn work. But if anyone can (although I know that this is pretty much impossible), I'd appreciate someone picking me up a free store with a Sungnyemun or a Big Ben and some minifigures? Anyone? Thought not :P
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Administrator Posts: 6,754
    edited September 2012
    Have fun tomorrow, folks, and good luck grabbing those exclusives ! Sorry I can't be with you....

[Edit : Just saw the time - have fun TODAY !]
  • sfaokaysfaokay Member Posts: 10
    Hi just to say would it have killed those in the know to have said that afol open hour was by invite only! I wasnt the only one who would have not wasted their time.