Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Wanted - Bronze Boba Fett

GamerGamer Member Posts: 32
edited June 2012 in Marketplace
Not sure what to offer. If you have one please pm me!

Comments

• EnbricEnbric Member Posts: 64
    Good luck. This would be an awesome transaction.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,280
    Considering there are only 2 in existence... I doubt anyone here has one. But if they possibly do and want to sell, best of luck!
  • pvancil27pvancil27 Member Posts: 588
    As said, if someone, or rather the person who got the one that made it into the wild decided to sell it, it wouldnt be on the brickset forum, it would end up at a private auction house most likely.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,852
    Gamer: I think it will take more than a swap for a few TC-14s/Shirtless Mauls. If a gold Chrome C3PO can go for $300 and there were 10,000 of them, I think you are talking at minimum tens of thousands for the single Bronze Boba out there (the other is kept by TLG).
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,827
    wow. this is a big ask. You almost could have almost put 'Wanted - Faberge egg'.
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,327
    Not sure what to offer.
    A big stack of cash?.....your house maybe?....your wife and kids??

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited June 2012
    ^Do the wife & kids have to be MISB??
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    ^ That's funny.
    No, but the Wife needs to be in good condition, not too much "playwear"
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
    Wanted- Mona Lisa. Have Star Wars polybags.
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 32
    Harsh lol. I am offering cash money.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,347
    As a staff member I guess I should be reining this thread in, but truth be told it's quality !
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,327
    @Gamer

Out of curiosity what would be your estimated value of the aforementioned figure?

Just a ballpark sum obviously, since you may need to haggle a fair bit on this 'item'.

@BoiseState - Does it need to be framed?
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 32
    I wouldn't dare be the one to throw out the first number.
  • SpaceCakeSpaceCake Member Posts: 291
  • mr_bennmr_benn United KingdomMember Posts: 837
    Surely only worth what someone is willing to pay. But then I think that the going price for the chrome C-3POs is insane compared to what other Lego that money could get you.

You could perhaps just scratch the itch you have with a regular Boba Fett and some bronze paint, that way you won't have to deal with your wife/girlfriend/partner giving you evil stares for the next year or two.
    @Spacecake hahaha lol. Thanks for the first laugh of the morning.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    $10,000 is probably not out of the question, with $25,000 on the high end and $5,000 on the low end, if I had to guess.
    $10,000 is probably not out of the question, with $25,000 on the high end and $5,000 on the low end, if I had to guess.
    Depending on how it's sold, That probably on the lower end. You have a truly one of a kind item of one of the most iconic people from one of the most iconic set of films of all time. I know three people who have Boba Fett Collections, someone out there with money will drop a lot of it to be able to say they have something no one else has or will ever have. Now make that two people bidding it up and....

I'd be SHOCKED if it went for anything under 10K, with 25-50K being the range it ends up in and could come close to 100K. People with money will spend it if given the right chance.

Like i said before, if whoever has it decides to sell it, It wont be on a message board forum. It would be done at a minimum through fee-bay and more likely a auction house that could publicize the shit out of it and pre-screen bidders (Think record breaking home run balls and very rare sports cards like the T-206 Wagner)
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 735
    Any ideas which country bronze bobas in?
  • BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804

@Gamer

Out of curiosity what would be your estimated value of the aforementioned figure?

Just a ballpark sum obviously, since you may need to haggle a fair bit on this 'item'.

@BoiseState - Does it need to be framed?

Nah.. Just roll it up and put a rubber band around it.
  • JawascrumpJawascrump Member Posts: 112
    From what I heard "the" vintage kenner, toy fair carded mock up of a rocket firing boba Fett sold for less than $100k.... I would say that is a more commercial, sort after, iconic and saleable item than the Lego bronze boba.
    Bronzy Bob is certainly rare, but never in the same league as the toy fair mock up price wise. I would have thought it's more in the 20-30k region.

To be honest this is a moribund thread anyhow as I can't imagine whoever has it would ever even consider selling it, and it would almost certainly be behind closed doors. Ultimately it's worth what two people are willing to pay for it.

Still $1 vlix happened so who knows?!

Good luck with the hunt! Hope you have lots of time and very deep pockets buddy ;)
    Another thought is that it might well cost less to have a metal worker actually make you one, rather than buy the one that Lego made...

Same with the solid gold C-3PO, cheaper to have one made custom than it would be to try and buy one of them...
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,725
    ^ I'd expect the original mold(s) to cost an absolute fortune though. Still, once up and running I suspect you're right....just a few hundred each! ;-)
    edited June 2012
    ^How do those companies, like BrickArms, make the molds for their custom weapons or minifigs? I'm sure they do not have the capital to squander, and their mold quality is surely lower, but still quite good objectively speaking.
    ^ I have no idea to be honest and it's something I have often wondered. I have next to zero knowledge about this (none really), but I would imagine a mold in contact with molten bronze or other metals would require to be far more substantial or robust than one used for plastics. Just my assumptions though.
    Plastic molds are not expensive to make, a few thousand dollars will get you a very high quality set of molds made. If you just want a single mold for low volume production, it can less than a thousand.
    edited June 2012
    ^Well considering C3-PO is a standard shaped fig aside from the head, shouldn't a suitable mold be easily found? Even ones being used in the Chinese factories should produce in excellent quality. Perhaps just a little modification is needed to the mold material itself to handle the high temps as @flump suggested. So making a metal minifig should be hypothetically feasible (aside from C3-PO's special head), leaving the remaining challenge to just laser printing. Which is also possible nowadays.

With that said, anyone out there willing to take up the challenge of a custom fully gold or bronze minifig? The winner will be showered in brownie points and anonymous notes of admiration from all around the web.
    ^ Lol. I was just thinking the same thing....which of us is going to rise to the challenge? First dibbs on being their first client once the mold is perfected. :-)
    edited June 2012
    Some folks in good ol' Texas, have already taken and won on this challenge actually. Fully metal Boba Fett's that are then plated with Gold or Nickel:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Custom-BOBA-FETT-Mini-Fig-Figure-ALL-METAL-14K-gold-plated-Lego-Star-Wars-/200760299828?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ebe3f1134#ht_4568wt_1396

^^^Good find @littletoki! Did you catch the pewter Pauldron too? I like his tiny pewter AT-AT also.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,852
    They don't look flawless like the Original Bronze Boba does when you see all the dimples etc in the reflections.
    This should be renamed "The Hunt for Bronze Boba Fett".

I'd love to know where it is right now. Anybody got any idea if it ever left USA/Canada?

Having been looking into to this on the web I have found this suggestion of solid gold and silver variants too, which are just as exclusive in number:
    Brikipedia:

During Comic-Con in 2010, a competition was held, where the winner would receive a one promotional white Boba Fett, along with one of two 14 karat gold minifigures, and one of two sterling silver minifigures. The three minifigures were presented in a frame with a certificate of authenticity. These gold and silver variants were in the mould of the Boba Fett released prior to 2010. The other gold and silver Boba Fett minifigures were given away during Star Wars Celebration V. [1]
    Lies?

:\
    Wouldnt it be funny if it ended up going to someone who had no clue what they had and gave it to their kid. It could be in some kids toybox right now....
    No. That would not be funny at all!

D:
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,149
    ^^ And painted, with a face drawn on with some crayons.