Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Piece discrepancy on 9492 Tie fighter?

monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,764
edited May 2012 in Building and Techniques
I got a second Tie fighter 9492 on Sunday and it was different to my first. The six strut pieces for each wing (12 total) had hollow studs (just a hollow ring as opposed to a button shape), whereas on the other one bought near launch of the set has solid studs on the same pieces. Is this a fault, erroneous swap out of similar parts?

I bought this one with a view to Mocing it into a Tie advanced or possibly having the tie configuration of the Deathstar trench scene hanging from the ceiling (Vader's Tie flanked by a standard one either side).

Comments

• monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,764
    ^ I meant a tie interceptor.
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 718
    Any chance of a pic of the part in question?
    Gotham - i'll take some pics later from both ties as comparison, but basically the description is "Bar 1 x 12 with 1 x 2 plate end and 1 x 1 plate end" Part ID 42445 according to rebrickable is the part I have with the solid studs, perhaps the other version I have is a different ID and Lego changed it recently for the set?
  • GothamConstructionCoGothamConstructionCo Colchester UKMember Posts: 718
    I thought that was the part you described, I was unaware that there was a variation as I've only come across the hollow stud part as it is on my Tie-fighter that recently arrived from [email protected] I also have a transparent one that I've had for a few years now that's a hollow stud too.
    Gotham: My other Tie (with the solid studs for this part) was bought in January, when the set was released. I will have a look on the box tonight to see which one is displayed on it.