Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

30.4 KG - Mixed lot - Price?

VithVith Member Posts: 31
edited April 2011 in Buying & Selling Topics
So I've weighted, half sorted and packaged all my old lego and I came out at 30.4 KG (including the 10 plastic containers, 1 large, 1 semi large, 1 big normal, 2 semi normal and 5 normal). I'm wondering howmuch I should sell it for on ebay or some other website.

It has various sets, including some cowboy sets, pirate sets, city sets, castle sets, ...
Thanks.

Comments

• brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    The value of Lego pieces depends on their condition and rarity.
  • VithVith Member Posts: 31
    Most of the stuff is in pretty good condition, of course there are some pieces that are discolored or a bit battered but it's not too bad. Couldn't say much about rarity though..
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    In the US, the prevailing rate on eBay for a mixed lot is $10 per lb. The value goes up if valuable sets are confirmed to be in the lot. If you are able to part out complete sets from the lot, you'll certainly stand to gain more from selling those separately, but it does take a lot more time and effort.
  • Rainstorm26Rainstorm26 Chicago Burbs USA (and sometimes Ireland)Member Posts: 1,004
    I bought a lot of 40 lbs for around $225 from a guy off of craigslist without looking too closely at them; however, a lot of the minifgs were chewed on. For the most part the pieces were in okay shape. We do a lot of MOC's, so I think we will have a lot of fun with them, but from a collectors point of view I question whether I got a good deal. I might be able to take the sorted pieces and lot them on ebay.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    edited April 2011
    Where are you located?
    I usually reckon on £10 per kg, or possibly slightly more if there are special bits. Yours will probably be well kept and with interesting bits, so probably more like £15/kg, although completed sets will sell for more. Have you posted it in the Marketplace section of this site?
    Belgium. It's not for sale, I was thinking about selling it to buy newer sets but when I asked my mother she told me I wasn't allowed. I can't sell anything, and I'm 20 now. :P

Atleast now I know howmuch it is worth. :]
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,734
    Did she pay for it then? Who does it belong to technically?
    Yeah my parents did. It's all the lego that we had as a kid. So it's fair. :]