Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Marvel Avengers Polybags - 30162/30163/30165

wildobaginswildobagins Member Posts: 14
edited May 2012 in Collecting
I was wondering if anyone has any speculation when/how these promo sets will be available?

Moved to Collecting and Edited Verbiage: YC 5-23-12

Comments

• atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    Always worth checking the notes on Brickset for each set, we try to keep them up to date as news of these sets comes in.

The only one that is known to have been released so far is 30165 which was available with Donald Duck magazine in Sweden this month (May).

No confirmed (or unconfirmed) sightings of the other two yet.
  • PlaugePlauge Member Posts: 39
    It was also aviable in norway, altough the magazine is already out of sirculation..
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    30163 Thor is apparently available in a "large store " in the US according to a guy on Bricklink Forum!!
    http://www.bricklink.com/message.asp?ID=646763

so is it Walmart or Target?

Well..If anybody wants to trade a few for some Hawkeye or other Sun promotion, Give me a shout!

;)
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    ^ I was assuming he meant "The Big Shop" at Legoland.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,697
    ^ I read it as he was wanting to keep his source secret. No point trying to sell stuff on bricklink if you then tell people where they can pick them up cheaper in a shop!
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    That's the community spirit we keep hearing about. ;o)
    ^^ Right, I got that. I think he was being cheeky with the hint. I'm pretty sure Ash is in the SoCal area, and he mentioned getting other polybags/sets on his visit, one of which included the new beach minifig set - which I'm pretty sure is only available at Lego stores and Legoland.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,262
    ^ Ash is a former Master Model Builder from LEGOLAND California. He still lives in the area.
    So, can anyone tease out of him where 30163 is available from?
    ^ Andy, If my suspicions are correct, tomorrow I will be calling the same friend who first got ahold of the 30160 for me. :)
    Ah, got you, the clue was in your previous post ;-)
  • Tevans333Tevans333 Member Posts: 152
    Is the Thor minifig in this polybag the same Thor that is in the other sets or is it different?
    @tevans333 I think it is the same
    There is another thread on Bricklink which confirms the Thor set is currently available at Legoland California. I'm nowhere close to there or else I'd hook you up.
  • DuchessaDuchessa Member Posts: 287
    Do we have some members close to Legoland California? I hope so - I'm really interested in the new polybag!
  • GamerGamer Member Posts: 32
    I want them all x3 ! :(
    @Duchessa I am in contact with my friend near LEGOLAND and will let you know the results. :)
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    edited June 2012
    I live by Legoland California, I've been meaning to go there on a shoppers pass. Mainly cause I have a childs ticket that I want to try sell in the parking lot for 40 bucks or if that fails just give it away. It expires on the 30th.

If I see any avengers poly bags I'll try to grab as many as I can to hook up some members, but last time with the batman jetski they sold out real quick and only restocked once. As far as I know...
    @russell844 @duchessa
    We can do one shipment to either Duchessa or me and we will post from here in Sweden afterwards.
    Well I just came back from Legoland California, they had a bunch of Thor poly bags and batman jetski. I figured the batman poly's weren't in high demand any more, so I just got 10 of the Thor bags. One or two for me, another for a friend, so that leaves 7 left overs to first come, first serve basis on the forum. They were each 3.99 USD so I'd say 6 USD each (without shipping) to cover paypal fees, gas, tax, etc, is a fair price, it's as close as I can get to "at cost" without taking a hit. I don't regularly resell things so I'm not too familiar with all the fees. Shipping will vary, depending on if your in the US or not, I plan on just pickin up some cheap bubble wrap envelops from walmart and sending them cheapest method possible. If interested shoot me a PM otherwise they go up on ebay.
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 361
    Pm sent!
  • BarneyBPBarneyBP Member Posts: 35
    Pm sent! Thanks!
    Ok I think they're all spoken for, enough interested parties have contacted me. A couple people asked for doubles, so I'm gonna try to trade/sell at least one to each person first so everyone interested gets at least one and if I still have doubles I'll either trade them to those who asked or, put them back online.

Just a note, I'm trying to avoid unloading a bunch of them "at cost" to any single person so they don't turn around and sell them, and rather try to get the few I have to as many people who want them as possible. Obviously a lot of people are like myself and would like at least 2 for personal collection so if I can, I'll try to make another trip north to get some more. (Legoland California is still a good hour drive north of me to it's not an easy task)
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    @yys4u, I am interested in a few of those too please. Are you willing to ship international? I pay via Paypal. Do let me know :)
    @Coolsplash currently all my spares are spoken for but I do plan on returning on Tuesday. Hopefully they are still in stock. However I have been known to be unreliable when it comes to long drives as my plans may change :) But if all goes well I'll hopefully be able to get some since there are a number or orders I cant fill right now.

This goes for anyone else interested in either the Thor or Batman Jetski polybag, if you want one PM so I can get a more accurate number or sets needed this time. Thanks.
  • CoolsplashCoolsplash Member Posts: 935
    Well I will be happy to get 5 of the Thor polybags from you if you can manage it. Thanks!
  • comedydave1979comedydave1979 Member Posts: 13
    I, too, would love two of the Thor Polybags should you manage to get some more. I'm in the UK and could make payment by PayPal. :)
  • alijoezacalijoezac UK, NottinghamMember Posts: 545
    ^^^ I'd be interested in two Thor polybags too. Am also in UK and can remit via Paypal
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,305
    I'd like to add my voice to that, if you possibly could! Am also in UK, and can pay via PayPal :D
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,923
    How often do polybags appear, say at Legoland Cali only, and nowhere else. I know NYC has the Liberty and Taxi. Any others that seem exclusive?

Not suggesting Thor won't appear elsewhere. But this seems to happen once in awhile, where a polybag pops solely in one location.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,271
    Just in case anyone was wondering it appears Thor is the only one they have at Legoland Florida as well.
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,188
    @yys4u - Since you like close to Legoland and Lego stores, you should get an annual pass to save 10% on all your Lego purchases. The pass would probably pay for itself.
  • FurrysaurusFurrysaurus Hiding in the kitchen.Member Posts: 156
    according to the lady at the checkout counter at legoland FL, the new polys show up next month. for those without a legoland pass, they had the thors at the TRU outlet in the vineland outlet mall right north of downtown disney. i'm not sure if this means TRU will be getting them or this is just luck of the draw.
  • SpiderManSpiderMan Member Posts: 47
    I saw the Thor one at the TRU out by me to (Chicago Suburb)
  • The_MackThe_Mack Member Posts: 239
    Yep Thor is at TRU... I picked up a few myself.. yesterday.