Favorite Builds

BoiseStateBoiseState Member Posts: 804
edited May 2012 in Building and Techniques
I'm sure this has been discussed before, so I apologize if there is already a thread on the subject, but what has been your favorite build? I only have maybe 50 builds under my belt since coming back to the hobby, but my favorite so far has been Queen Anne's Revenge. Bigger than I thought it would be and somewhat challenging. Just got the R2, my first UCS, so maybe I'll chane my mind.

Comments

• YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    I too thought that there was already a discussion on this but I was otherwise unable to find one. For reference, here's the flip side of this topic.

http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/4186/disappointing-builds

For me, the Pet Shop is currently a very enjoyable build. As such, I'm taking my time. :o)
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,909
    I nominate the FB. The largest set I own and I enjoyed every minute of the build. Well, not exactly all of it. It did have some repetitive parts to it so that kinda ruined the build.
  • martynmartyn Reading, UKMember Posts: 148
    Loved all of the modular’s, especially Pet Shop as it was my first, but for me it has to be Diagon Alley as it was the set that got me into large scale buildings.
  • mattheww888mattheww888 Member Posts: 87
    Well I'm almost exclusive to collecting Star Wars, so I have to throw the UCS Star Destroyer in there (not the SSD, it had WAY too may repetitive areas and the detailing was just plain silly). But the first one--the end result was awe-inspiring and menacing.