Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Yamerias: Allow me to indroduce myself...

YameriasYamerias Member Posts: 8
edited May 2012 in Introduce yourself
Hello there!

My name is Saire (but most people call me Yam) and I'm a 37 (well, in a matter of weeks!) year old bloke from the southern end of a sunny island known as the United Kingdom.

I have always had an interest in Lego (my mom used to by me small sets on a weekly basis when I was little) and decided last year after seeing the Minifigure collection that I'd start collecting various models and sets. I have a few City pieces, some Star Wars, Superheroes and Ninjago and I'm pretty much hooked!

Well, that's me...I'm just saying hi and maybe see you around the boards!!

Comments

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Hi Yam! Welcome to the board and greetings from the other side of the world in sunny Los Angeles! Being from the UK, I think you reside in the AFOL capitol of the world so you'll find good company on the board. Lots of friendly and helpful folks on Brickset, hope you have a great time joining in on fun.
  • YameriasYamerias Member Posts: 8
    Thankyou kindly :)
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,522
    Welcome Yam!
    Yep, the UK is where it's at :-) How far south are you?

Uh-oh, you said Star wars and Superheroes....two themes that aren't going anywhere for a while.
    Yep, you've been hooked and reeled in and won't be able to escape the Lego net now!
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,775
    Yay nice to have some more southerns to balance out them horrible northern lot :-).It is a slippery slope once you get hooked on star wars tends to leave a hole in your wallet :-D.
  • YameriasYamerias Member Posts: 8
    Yes, I noticed the SW sets can be a touch pricy, especially when you at the likes of the Death Star and Star Destroyer!! I'm hoping to get the Millennium Falcon in a couple weeks as a birthday gift to myself...provided the bill fairy isn't overly generous!

I live in a village between Hampshire and Berkshire called Tadley, nice quiet place :)
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Welcome Yam. When you say "sunny island known as the United Kingdom"..... is there 2 then? because the one I am in sure isn't too sunny ATM, freezing here in London.

Sounds like a nice little selection of themes you are collecting there, I tend to have similar likes, but find being a BS'er tends to eventually lead you to collect a little (or a lot) of all themes.

Enjoy, good to have you here :)

Oh and typically, the sun has just burst through some clouds to make me look like a fibber!
  • stagusstagus Member Posts: 256
    Welcome Yam!

It's always sunny where I am from....Central Scotland, well most of the time....ok, some of the time.....ok, rarely but hey such is life!

Lock up your wallet, hide your credit cards and be very wary of logging on here!! The deals posted are always tempting.

Most of all this is a fab place so enjoy.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,775
    I know Tadley beautiful place.