Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

AFOL meeting in London (UK)

13»

Comments

• JessyDooDahJessyDooDah UK Member Posts: 228
    Just got home, really lovely to meet you all!
    Thanks for a great evening! Jessy :)
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    edited June 2012
    ^ Lovely to meet you too!

caperberry has some photos, which I guess may get posted in due course.

Nice to see the Monster Fighters in the flesh; I thought the Castle set looked awesome but didn't pick it up at this stage, settled for a couple of the smaller sets including the glow in the dark horse. We were really treated with some bonus "grab-bags" (of a slightly different sort) which was a great end to the store trip. Lots of 1x16 white bricks in the PaB...
  • mressinmressin Lego City... erm LondonMember Posts: 843
    Nice to meet you all, it was a great evening and we even got some swag! ;)

Looking forward to next time!
  • trax_3trax_3 Member Posts: 77
    Had a really great evening (thanks for organising it mressin). Nice to meet and chat with other AFOLs. Looking forward to next time. Alex :)
  • caperberrycaperberry LondonMember Posts: 2,226
    Very fun. Thanks @mressin for such organised organisation!

Only one pic. Was too busy stacking 1x16s (thanks for the help @JessyDooDah!)
    Faces have been blurred to protect the innocent*

*actually, it's just your typical everyday shit photo thanks to Apple.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,481
    Are you going to put (user)names to faces?
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 7,046
    edited June 2012
    Is that Chris Dee back right, between Dr D and Lost?
  • SilentModeSilentMode UKMember Posts: 586
    Third from the left is the Mad MOCer himself... damn I look tall.
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,572
    edited June 2012
    ^^ Nope, it's @iadams.

L-R: JessyDooDah, LuckyRuss, SilentMode, Bluemoose, mressin, DrDave, Jujem71, iadams (back), trax_3 (front), moi.

Edit - Yep, good fun to meet everyone, familiar and new faces alike. Looking forward to the next one!
  • iadamsiadams UKMember Posts: 34
    Yep, guilty as charged. A great evening, good to meet everyone. Bikes 'n' Bricks looking possible too.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 7,046
    Ah yes, sorry Ian, sorry I missed you all :-(
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,825
    I'm sorry I couldn't get there. Looked like a good evening with a great bunch. Next time.....Bikes!!!
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind CheshireMember Posts: 2,086
    Yeah looks like you all had fun. Annoyed I couldnt have been there.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,258
    Yep, looked like a good evening, bit far for me on a Thursday night, but Bikes 'n' bricks is a definite.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,825
    ^ Might need to borrow your second helmet pal. :-D
    @LostInTranslation that is most impressive. I see you also speak fluent screenname.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,258
    ^^ yep no worries, I'll bring it along.
    I was at the store earlier today, and they mentioned they had two "MSPs" in so far (they haven't checked for others). If you haven't done so please do the survey!
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,732
    edited June 2012
    ^ Agreed - after the excellent service we got it's only right we should give credit where it's due. I submitted feedback yesterday.
  • iadamsiadams UKMember Posts: 34
    I made two separate purchases on Thursday. Yesterday I went to the website on the first receipt and gave feedback. I then closed the browser window, opened a new one and entered the survey address again. Did I get a 'enter your reference number' screen? No, I got a 'thank you for your feedback' screen. I had to find and delete the relevant cookie in order to give the second feedback.

Thank you for making it easy to be nice to your staff Lego!
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,714
    ^ For stuff like that I usually use incognito in chrome or inprivate in IE, easier than mucking round with cookies.
    edited August 2012
    Hey, is anybody going to the Shepherds Bush store this Saturday? They say it's AFOL shopping from 10-11, allegedly 15% off. Could imagine going for a cup of tea/coffee afterwards.
  • martynmartyn Reading, UKMember Posts: 148
    @mressin I was planning on going but it has been publicised here and on Brickish that it's 9-10.
  • trax_3trax_3 Member Posts: 77
    @mressin Wish I could go but have had my tonsils out and unable to leave the house :(

@martyn Asked at the store, one guy went back into the office to check and told me 10-11... ?
    ... or you might be right: Here they say they open at 9 AM.
    Was looking to go to Stratford this time, but either is fine with me (I can get to both easily). It will make up for not being able to go to the Sheffield grand opening.
    I'm a bit torn - Stratford is a weeny bit easier, i.e. no changing lines and at that time of morning, I think this might be important for my mood! On the other hand I want to get lots of PAB and Stratford has been crap for months.

What will probably decide it is where @SilentMode goes... as I want to trade! Haven't forgotten mate - will pull together what I have tonight and let you know. The new stuff you put up is looking good for me too...
    If I'm not too busy working tomorrow, I'll scope both stores and check out what's on each wall.
    Now that's the kind of dedication I like.
    Hi All, I just phoned the Shepards Bush store and was told that the AFOL Shopping time was 8-9.

Anyone else want to double check as we have three different times for the event now!
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    I'll be out of the country on Sat so cant make it, but have fun everyone.
  • MatthiasjkMatthiasjk United KingdomMember Posts: 37
    Hi. I thought Shepards Bush was from 9-10? Think that's what the article on Brickset said.

And does anyone know which has the better PaB out of this and Stratford? I've not been to Shepards Bush but last time I looked the Stratford selection wasn't too good!
    @Matthiasjk That's what I originally thought, then @mressin was told it was 10-11 so I gave them a call this morning, they said 8-9 on the phone. The store is listed as open 9am-9pm on the lego website, so 8-9 would fit with other events like this which are outside normal opening hours.
  • JP82JP82 Member Posts: 45
    Shepherds Bush has different opening times due to Olympics/Paralympics so is currently trading 10am-10pm On saturdays.

Please note this means the AFOL Morning is 9am-10am. I confirmed this with Store Manager Pete just now. As he will be in tomorrow morning for it as well.
    edited November 2012
    I assume a lot of people are going to the AFOL shopping on 11 November. Anybody up for a cup of tea/coffee afterwards, ca. 12.00?

Alternatively, how about an AFOL meeting again later in November or early December?
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind CheshireMember Posts: 2,086
    Ah wish I could. But rather insensitively my brother is having a birthday....thing then so cant make it. But a Xmas get together would be very cool.
  • ThezoofoxThezoofox United Kingdom - EastMember Posts: 188
    I'd be up for an early December meeting.
  • WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 498
    I'd be interested in attending a first AFOL meet up in December. Unfortunately my visits to London for work are limited at this time of year, so it's 12th or 13th of December for me, if at all.
    I'm happy to organise a get-together if enough people show interest.
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    ^ seconded - you did a great job last time! I'd certainly be interested, subject to availability