Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

EXPIRED: My website is giving away the Queen Anne's Revenge

ParkGradesParkGrades Member Posts: 106
edited May 2011 in Marketplace
Hi, my website is running a giveaway until the end of April. We are giving away a brand new PoTC Queen Anne's Revenge LEGO set, and since I thought the Brickset community might be interested, I wanted to let you know about it.

My site is ParkGrades.com, a directory of information and reviews about parks, playgrounds, museums, and beaches in the US and Canada. The link to the giveaway rules is here: http://www.parkgrades.com/blog/end-april-giveaway

I'm posting this in the "Marketplace" forum at the request of the site's moderators. Of course, Brickset does not in any way endorse this contest. Just let me know if you have any questions.

Comments

• rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    ^ Just in time for Earth Day ;)

Great prize!
  • thesinisterpenguinthesinisterpenguin Member Posts: 96
    Shame it isn't open for UK entrants!
  • ParkGradesParkGrades Member Posts: 106
    We'd love to include UK parks and museums, but we're starting out in the US since that's where we're located. Thank you!
    Just an update -- thank you if you've entered for a chance to win. If you haven't, your odds would be pretty good.
  • pantenkindpantenkind Member Posts: 258
    I did a review of Allerton park in illinois. Probably one of the most beautiful parks in America. I cannot believe I was the first to review it.
    Thank you! We're just starting out, which is why we're trying to get people to share what they know. For more chances to win the Queen Anne's Revenge, feel free to review more parks -- for each park reviewed, we add another "entry" into the giveaway.

Thanks again!
    We'll do the random drawing on Sunday morning, so review a park* -- or 2 or 3 :) -- before then for a chance to win. Thank you!

(We also have museums, zoos, botanical gardens, and a few beaches you can review...)
    http://www.parkgrades.com
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    edited April 2011
    Please open this up to the UK too, I would love the Queen Anne's Revenge
    When we're able to add UK parks to the website, we'll be sure to run another giveaway. Know anyone in the US or Canada who might help you out?
  • MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    edited April 2011
    No close relatives over there, and the only friends are Lego enthusiasts who would like the ship for themselves!
  • pantenkindpantenkind Member Posts: 258
    will you announce the winner here? And let me know when you will be shipping my new ship? :-)
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    Just posted a new park review. I also wanted to review the High Line park, but it wasn't in the search results.
    Thank you! We will draw the winner Sunday morning (probably 8AM Pacific time), and announce it as soon as we hear confirmation from the winner.

Brickmatic - just added The High Line (http://www.parkgrades.com/parks/high-line).

If there are other areas or specific parks we don't seem to have, feel free to DM me.

Thanks again, hope a brickset-er wins this!
    We notified the winner this morning but haven't heard back. I think it's a Brickset-er but not 100% sure.

Thank you so much for sharing your opinion and insights with the ParkGrades.com community! When we do another Lego giveaway, I'll be sure to let you all know...
    It turns out someone on Brickset was the winner! Congrats, and thanks again!
    http://www.parkgrades.com/blog/end-april-giveaway-winner
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,290
    I don't believe they are a Brickset forum member, but I do see a Brickset user named silvertongue, so congrats to him if that's the same person.

@ParkGrades: thanks for promoting the giveaway tastefully. Although your website is not materially about LEGO, the giveaway prize certainly was and was one that our members were interested in winning. This should serve as a paragon for how Brickset can be used collaboratively for the benefit of its users.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    edited May 2011
    ^ it was Silvertongue, he posted in this news article (currently 2nd from bottom comment): http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=1243. Congratulations to you (if you're reading this!).
    Thank you, rocao; I'm glad a Brickset member won!