Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Suggestion: Editing first post in marketplace

scratchdeskscratchdesk Member Posts: 155
edited May 2012 in Forum Operation
I was wondering if it would be possible/ is possible to edit the first post in a marketplace topic? (days/ weeks after)

It would be nice to be able to modify and update trade/ sale lists as time goes and sets come and go. Would help to keep the forum clean of new posts too imo. Just a though, thanks for the consideration.

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,824
    It would be a good idea - each person could have one thread, and only one thread, that they could edit with swaps / trades / for sale.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    While this is not something that can be really enforced, I would welcome a consolidation of individual marketplace requests. As far as maintaining an extended edit window for original posters, I do not believe that functionality is available. Should an update be required, you can always contact a staff member here and we can certainly make any pertinent changes for you.
  • scratchdeskscratchdesk Member Posts: 155
    While this is not something that can be really enforced, I would welcome a consolidation of individual marketplace requests. As far as maintaining an extended edit window for original posters, I do not believe that functionality is available. Should an update be required, you can always contact a staff member here and we can certainly make any pertinent changes for you.
    That's kind of what I figured. I'd hate to contact an admin each time I wanted to update my trade list. Perhaps I'll work off a Google doc or something.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,824
    It's a shame, since it would be a useful option - I wouldn't want to contact a mod for every minor update, but minor updates are important. Only today I had to turn down two trades due to one MF not being available any more.

There is a google spreadsheet available for swapping CMFs. I think I saw it here and joined it. The problem is that it is not kept up to date by all users, and so fairly useless!

At least if we could update our own trade thread, it would either be up-to-date, or drop off the active part of the list.