Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Justin_Tolerable: Hi! I'm Savage Steel's b*tch/husband

Justin_TolerableJustin_Tolerable Member Posts: 3
edited May 2012 in Introduce yourself
Actually Nick is playing with lego right now (trying to create space ships with the portal of atlantis bricks) so I'm writing his hello. But he's been reading over my shoulder so I thought I'd give him a kick up the bum and create his account for him.
So everyone say hi to him. He's an AFOL in denial, he actually has more lego on display in our house than I do.

Comments

• collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,327
    Hey Nick, nice to have met you at the weekend!

I think the world needs a photo of his AFOLcon MOC spaceship!!

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,522
    Lol, hello Nick/Caroline!
    Nick, you should be building the army of Hell ducks, not more spaceships! But you are sooo an AFOL... I've been convinced of it since your build in the bag triumph in Sheffield :-)

I had a great time with you guys over the last few days. Can't wait til the next meet-up.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    So poor Nick is sucked into our world of strange behaviour. There is no return.....
  • luckyrussluckyruss UKMember Posts: 872
    Hey Nick - welcome! Hope you're counting down to the arrival of the SSD!
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    edited May 2012
    Hi Nick, this may be the first hello written by a ghost writer! Definitely an AFOL, no doubt about it.
  • princedravenprincedraven Essex, UKMember Posts: 3,768
    Welcome Nick, was a real pleasure meeting you. Looking forward to seeing your non-military space ships; your little MoC at AFOLcon was great.
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,288
    Hey Nick, good to see you in Manchester ! Enjoy the SSD when it arrives, and good luck finding somewhere to display it...!
  • Justin_TolerableJustin_Tolerable Member Posts: 3
    Well hello there, all. Good to be here :)

Just so you all know, I'm not JUST Savage Steel's B*tch/Husband. I have a life of my own too - like fighting crime in my spare time and running a successful rest home for retired hell ducks (they get a bad rap, but they're not too bad really).

I'm happy to call myself an AFOAFOL (adult fan of adult fans of LEGO), for now. I build all those sets just to impress you all, and I hate every minute of it.

Thanks to everyone I met in Manchester. It was the perfect chance for me to kick back a little. It was perfectly timed...
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,384
    Welcome Nick, glad you're here. Maybe my husband will now get his own account instead of just reading my emails.

(I think I'm more an AFOAFOL than an AFOL too)
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,775
    edited May 2012
    Hi,
    nice to see you have joined. so you can confirm or deny the stories Savage_Steel tells about you :-)
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    this may be first hello written by a ghost writer
    lol!

Hi Nick ... great to meet you and defo want to see pics of that spaceship thing.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    He did a couple of impressive space ships out of the portal of atlantis bricks last night, but dismantled them before I took photos. I made a house for the hell ducks.
    We really need to play this game more. Mocing from a single large (discounted) set. It's like the kilo of bricks all over again!
    Here's Nick's afolcon ship, my afolcon house, and the hell duck house. I think @lostintranslation has the original hell duck pics?
    anyway, anyone up for playing the game sometime?
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,775
    Wow those are awesome! It does sound good. There is always the Bike and Bricks thing (if it is still happening) can do it then.
    ^ It's still planned in, will try and post an update/reminder about it next week.
    Thats good to hear :-)
    Thanks Jon. They're pretty lame really, but building from a limited pile is genuinely fun (and a bit frustrating) but really takes you back to your childhood.
    Bricks and bikes is looking more appealing. But must involve bricks!!!
    Im defo up for playing the game.
    i challenge anyone to make something half decent out of the pig farm (apart from a pig farm, that is!)
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,288
    ^ Hmmm - I can make a pretty neat tractor with the pieces, but there are quite a few left over.

:-)
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,301
    I'd sign my husband up for an account, but then he would have to admit he has a problem.
    " My name is .... and I am addicted to Lego."
    Bricks and bikes is looking more appealing. But must involve bricks!!!
    I see what you did there, switching the name around to change the emphasis ;-)

• stagusstagus Member Posts: 256
    Welcome. Lovely to meet you and Caroline at the weekend......you never mentioned robo monkey?!?!?
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    edited May 2012
    Welcome Nick!

I just received a Portal o' Atlantis I ordered from Goodwill for $19 ... so, I'll have to see what else can be built therefrom ... maybe add in the City o' Atlantis too (I got it a few weeks earlierm, reduced at TRU, purely to MOC with).
  • Justin_TolerableJustin_Tolerable Member Posts: 3
    I have to admit, I'm struggling with it... but then again it would only be my second finished MoC so I guess I have to lower my standards ;)
    edited May 2012
    those are alot better than anything I could come up with Caroline. But I shall attempt to impress you if I ever meet all of you. Although if you and @Justin_Tolerable want a real challenge i will bring all my 2x4 coloured bricks and see what you can make. And it cant be a house as thats too easy.
    Judging the creations people were making with 2x4s at the lego show (they had a table full of red ones) it's possible to do more than houses, though my creativity is pretty much limited to houses!!
    But thanks Jon :)
    Right, time to keep an eye out for a 50% off set for us to play the game with. Though portal is a great one for it. Fire temple also seems a good option?
    ^Really? i hate those 2x4 they tend to just linger at the bottom of my boxs doing nothing.

Fire Temple is a good choice.
    Whats this? Competition to see what can be built using only the Fire Temple parts?
    Dibs on Chinese takeaway! :-)
    edited May 2012
    how about City of atlantis? bit cheaper and still available for all at a good price
    ^ Wow, you got in there quick!!!
  • stagusstagus Member Posts: 256
    ^^^Oi, that's a bit unfair! ;))))
    City of Atlantis might be a good choice, though it's a smaller set. If we do fire temple Chinese restaurants should be banned! Think this should be fun! Shall I start a new thread?
    What if it was a Chinese takeaway spaceship, piloted by Hell Ducks? Would that be allowed? :-)