Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Wedding Set 853340-1

maesterjaymaesterjay Member Posts: 71
edited May 2012 in Building and Techniques
So I bought the MiniFigure Wedding Set for my girlfriend but I want to build it up some... but am not sure what to do... build a gazebo or maybe just a small cake to the side... that's why I am here asking my fellow AFOL's for some inspiration if any of you have seen something good or have made something yourself or just have a bunch of good ideas, I'd greatly appreciate it... pics are best other wise great detail please as I am still recovering from my dark ages (as of 01/12) here lol

Comments

• BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
  • maesterjaymaesterjay Member Posts: 71
    Thats definitely a interesting concept i may have to try and incorporate that into my final idea i still haven't made yet, thanks!
  • Cam_n_StuCam_n_Stu UKMember Posts: 368
    I think I prefer this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/legomocs2/2881059686/

Is he down on one knee in this?
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,197
    ^ No, she has just whacked him over the head with that book.
    I likewas it becuaseand That gazebo does look a bit simpler and easier to do, thanks!
  • cynthilinacynthilina Member Posts: 188
    this is a funny topic. My wife and I went to Hawaii to do our 12 year vow renewal. She got me the Lego wedding topper form the Lego store.
    I like all the suggestions for the gazebo thought... I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas on what to build around it (thinking some sore of simple stage). I did also get the valentine set for this year which was the the heart box 40029. I'm trying not to go over the top with a crowd of people sitting though... any ideas on a miniature cake for the figs? I do have a best man representative and maid of honor lol
    edited May 2012
    In the end I made this... a bit simpler than I had originally had thought of in my head but due to time/pieces constraint (had two research papers to write and starting new job). I made sure to add in a Maid of Honor and my best man who just got out of the navy, and a cake in the background (ps: it spins lol). But I am happy with it and maybe during my break next week I'll add on to it.

• AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    You could add a preacher/justice of the peace.
    @AFFOL_Shellz_Bellz wow thats a great idea... can't believe I over looked that... now the hunt is on.... for a judge/priest minifigure something to fit the role, Thanks!
  • DaddyDeuceDaddyDeuce Member Posts: 272
    I think I prefer this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/legomocs2/2881059686/

Is he down on one knee in this?
    What is the female minifig in that picture?

• prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    Looks like Elizabeth from POTC. You could sub the new bride in there too - CMF Series 7. She has a crown and the flowers are a new style - easier to hold.
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,220
    edited May 2012
    ^^ maesterjay, that is TOO CUTE! I love it!
    That is correct on the minifigure that i used but i think @daddydeuce was asking about the bride in the flickr photo and not my photo. Will consider looking at the new bride though
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    Right. The body wear piece on the bride is custom I think. It's like a swirly red dress that is separate from the torso. Nice.