Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Wanted: 7936 Level Crossing as sale/trade (UK)

cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
edited May 2012 in Marketplace
Hi was wondering if any nice people have one of these and would be willing to trade or perhaps sell. Having finally bitten the bullet and bought a cargo train I now realise I shouldn't have ignored this set....

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,231
    I can't help you, but I think it is crazy that Lego EOL sets like this. It can be used with current train sets, so why EOL it?
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Just fell foul for the old 'stock available in Toys-R-Us' not actually being in stock. Got all excited about one in Stockport. :(
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,247
    ^^ I agree. The "add on" train sets are only a few so keeping them in stock/production wouldn't be that much of a burden on them I wouldn't think. If they have plans to continue to make another train every year or so then I would think they'd want to keep some of these around. I just hope they bring back the cross track or the double switch track at some point.
  • mnbvcmnbvc Member Posts: 136
    edited May 2012
    ^ I don't think it actually exists at Argos.

It states that it's an online exclusive, so it was never in any stores - so no stores have any stock. Before I noticed that it was an online exclusive (the other week - not this afternoon!), I put in postcodes from all around the country, trying to track it down...and none of them came good. :(

Totally agree with the crazy EOL situation - there's not a different one to replace it, so why get rid when PF trains are still on sale? I've only just got into trains and I'd love this set.
  • NeilJamNeilJam USAMember Posts: 271
    edited May 2012
    I'd like a couple more myself, although I wouldn't really need the extra maintenance vehicles. Hopefully Lego will stick with this train system for a while and have another crossing set in the future.
    Yes, none at argos. I didnt notice the online exclusive thing so put in loads of postcodes this morning. Waste of time. Some toys r us are showing stock, but those near me dont have any even when they say they do.
  • Jabba_the_TaffJabba_the_Taff Member Posts: 211
    Sorry about that. I suppose I was stupid to assume that because it says 'reserve to pick up in 2-3 days' Argos had a central supply, which they would then send out to a particular store. Why they put that instead of 'out of stock' or 'reserve now' is puzzling. Seems a pretty pointless designation.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    @cheshirecat are you off to afolcon?
  • johnsbricksjohnsbricks Member Posts: 210
    @cheshirecat if you want to phone the bristol cribbs causeway store to see if they have stock and if they do, I could potentially pick up and post on?
    @kevbags unfortunately not - too busy with work. Although annoying (and surprisingly) today my wife said she'd have been happy for me to go.

@johnsbricks thanks for the offer. Will find out if they have stock.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    I have a reservation confirmation from Leeds. If I can get it picked up tomorrow you can have it.
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    Ive just sold my last one Im afraid.
    Why not just buy some grey plates et voila!