Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[UK/EU] Looking for some rare Technic bricks

AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
edited May 2012 in Marketplace
Hi all,
I'm "just" 1600 bricks short of completing a UCS MF (at least according to my calculations). However I'm having some difficulties in locating ample supply of these bricks:

Technic, Brick 6 x 8 Open Center in black x 2.
Technic, Brick 4 x 6 Open Center in black x 16.

I need the first more than the second one! Anyone can help me? I'm looking for new parts or used ones in extremely good conditions (no marks/scratches). Thanks!

Ironically, after having bough ~4000 bricks I can't even start building it as those bricks are needed to complete the first page! Dammit :D

Comments

• SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    the best tip I can give you is:
    Those 2 pieces are still in production at Lego since they both have sets that are still in production...
    www.lego.com, then customer service, then order the pieces you need!
    and that is it!
  • SupersympaSupersympa SwedenMember Posts: 534
    If you do not find them on the website, call customer service, and here are the details:

6X8 BRICK, Ø 4,85
    Exact Color: BLACK
    Element ID: 4188143
    Design ID: 32532

4X6 BRICK, Ø 4,85
    Exact Color: BLACK
    Element ID: 4144025
    Design ID: 32531

• AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    Thanks, will give it a go, I thought it was no longer in production as it seemed to be so rare in Europe..
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,857
    You don't need to be too fussy on the colour of these as they'll be buried deep in the structure. As a rule of thumb, i've found that if a piece is small and over 25p on bricklink or large and over 50p on bricklink, it's worth seeing how much it is direct from Lego first.

I will have to start building mine soon. I have about 3000 pieces of it right now, nearer 4000 if I find I can use plenty of miscolours in the structure that won't be seen etc. I need to place an order with Lego soon to do it.
  • AvengerDrAvengerDr Member Posts: 453
    I know I know but.. what can I say, I want it to be 99.9% accurate :)
    i have bought the mast rigging and the special radar dish as well..

The remaining 0.1% is made of those damn levers...
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,857
    Avenger: I have 1 piece of rigging given as a freebie. Had heard rumours on here that Lego might have been making more LBG rigging soon. I don't think I can stomach paying £40-50 for the other piece. I'd pay out for the dish. For the stuff that can't be seen, I don't care what colour it is if it's a piece I have in another colour. I might do some proper amassing of parts now so I can build the thing during my "shutdown" 2 weeks off in August.