Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Is there a way to see new elements added to the Lego.com Pick-A-Brick?

asherkobinasherkobin Member Posts: 190
https://www.lego.com/en-us/pick-and-build/pick-a-brick

Has 11,000+ items. A very cool feature would show recently added bricks. Maybe just once a week do a scrub and diff? Or perhaps this feature exists already!

Thanks,
Asher

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,567

Has 11,000+ items. A very cool feature would show recently added bricks. Maybe just once a week do a scrub and diff? Or perhaps this feature exists already!

Thanks,
    Asher

I think, with the problems they are having with this system now (and supplying their system), that the last thing LEGO wants to do is that (at least right now).
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,273

Thanks,
    Asher

I think, with the problems they are having with this system now (and supplying their system), that the last thing LEGO wants to do is that (at least right now).
    I think it was a suggestion for Brickset, not Lego.
    asherkobin
  • karritkarrit USAMember Posts: 711
    Since part availability can and does differ from country to country I don't think it's feasible for Brickset to try to keep up with newly added parts.  There are other sources that compile monthly lists of new parts and most of us work off those lists in our quest for newness.  So far there really hasn't been anytthing new added to online PAB this year except briefly the first few months of the year in the U.S.  When the new online PAB launched in the U.S. all the new parts were removed from the U.S. website.  Reports are those parts have now been added in other countries as of acouple of days ago but so far nothing here in the U.S. and it's only select parts from January, February and March releases.  It would be a nice feature to know what newness is available to purchase but I don't see Lego implimenting that type of search query for PAB since they still can't keep up with demand. 
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,783
    New elementary used to do a 'new parts' list, I don't know if they've done it with the new system.

But obviously everyone wants to be first, as once a popular part becomes known as available it often goes out of stock before you get a chance to actually purchase it (fingers crossed for the new forestmen shields). 
    madforLEGO
    andhe said:
    New elementary used to do a 'new parts' list, I don't know if they've done it with the new system.

But obviously everyone wants to be first, as once a popular part becomes known as available it often goes out of stock before you get a chance to actually purchase it (fingers crossed for the new forestmen shields). 

They still put out a list every month.  That's usually the one I reference when I search but it's been pointless since March here in the U.S.  I did recently update a wish list through the March lists.  I will have to go back and add on more recent months if they actually start adding new parts.
  • asherkobinasherkobin Member Posts: 190
    karrit said:
    andhe said:

They still put out a list every month.  That's usually the one I reference when I search but it's been pointless since March here in the U.S.  I did recently update a wish list through the March lists.  I will have to go back and add on more recent months if they actually start adding new parts.
    Link please?
    karrit said:
    andhe said:

Link please?
    https://www.newelementary.com/p/list-newest-lego-parts.html
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,403
    edited September 1
    karrit said:

These are new pieces, not new pieces available for sale at bricks and pieces / PAB online.

There is a big difference and quite a timescale between the two, even for generic, unlicensed parts there is a significant delay between release in sets and release on PAB.

Mr_CrossmadforLEGO
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,636
    Sadly, there doesn't seem to be much consistency either. So, not all parts from the releases in a given month make it onto PAB at the same time either.
    I tried to edit my reply last night but the edit feature timed out. 
    The list is new pieces added in new sets for the month as of the day they publish it so sets that come out later in the month won't have parts listed.  They try to get to those the next month but inevitably some get missed.  
    They do not indicate which pieces are actually available to purchase so you have to do your own investigating to see if a piece you are interested in can actually be purchased. About 99% of licensed pieces are never able to be purchased outside of the set they appear in.
    In the past many of the new pieces that would be available to purchase would show up in PAB within a month or two of the set being released if not at the beginning of the month.  As of this year that hasn't been happening except briefly at the beginning of the year in North America.  Once they updated PAB in North America most new parts from this year were removed and have yet to return.
    So for now all one can do is compile a wish list and hope that eventually some newness will become available to purchase.
  • PDelahantyPDelahanty Petaluma, CaliforniaMember Posts: 267
    A while back I tried to code a script that would scrape the inventory.  I wanted to know what pieces were available at any given time and in what colors so that I could make it easier for myself when trying to get bricks to build a set designed in Stud.io.  When a color I needed became available again, I wanted to be able to go in and grab it.  (I know I could get parts on Bricklink, but honestly I hate using Bricklink because it's such a pain to have to place lots of small orders across a bunch of sellers.)

Anyway, due to the way they coded the site, it wasn't easy to just go in and scrape data.  I gave up since I've got other projects which need to be done.
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 356
    ^ Please complete said scraping project and then PM me the top secret link to the program.  Thanks in advance for your work! ;)