Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] A couple sets on sale @ thinkgeek.com

starfailurestarfailure Member Posts: 138
edited April 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Nothing earth-shattering, but Thinkgeek has Hagrid's Hut (4738) for $29.99 and Droid Escape (9490) for $14.99.
Those are pretty good prices for new sets, but shipping will hurt the deal. However, to offset some of that cost, you can apply the code MOARSTUFF to get $5 off $30 or $10 off $60.
http://www.thinkgeek.com/d7f2?srp=6
http://www.thinkgeek.com/ec73?srp=16

Comments

• dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,112
    that code didn't work for me on 3 of the 4758 - says I have a better code already applied. and $35 for shipping is outrageous, so forget that.

thanks for the link though!
  • starfailurestarfailure Member Posts: 138
    I forgot to mention:
    If you hit $75, shipping is free, which overrides the promo code.
    Where are you trying to ship to that it costs $35?
  • KanohiKanohi Member Posts: 41
    Thanks for the tip!

I picked up 6x 9490. The free shipping over $75 didn't apply for some reason BUT I was able to use the code mentioned above for $10 off - which is a better deal anyway.

All in all, $86.23 total or $14.37 a piece.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,112
    yeah, I hadn't noticed that the shipping was being discounted, which is why the promo code didn't work.

I'm in Oregon - US, and it came up $35 cheapest shipping. ouch!
  • JP3804JP3804 Member Posts: 332
    Use code THANKS55 to get $10.00 off of $50.00
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    Been playing with the shopping cart for a few hours before finally making a buy and Hagrids Hut is now sold out... not a HP fan but I wanted to grab a couple for parts, some really good ones in the set =-( Oh well you snooze you lose. Now should I get 3 or 4 sets of sand troopers with my Death Stars? =-D
  • murphquakemurphquake Member Posts: 651
    @JP3804 "THANKS55" you!!! Ended up getting 1 Death Star & 3 Droid Escapes for 48.65 by using your code and Economy Shipping ($5.69 to NYC)

@dougts that's just wacky... unless you were ordering dozens =-) Highest I saw my shipping was like $15 with a bunch of stuff.

Also be aware there's a code for a free 'pumping heart' stuffed toy with a $75 buy... as a paramedic i was very tempted, but as a paramedic i'm also not rich, wish I'd hit the purchase button when the HP set was available though, need some of those mushroom caps and orange heads for my monochrome miniquins project oh my!