EXPIRED / [US] Amazon - Batcave 6860 for $50

DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 616
edited April 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Amazon just dropped the price on the Batcave to $50 with free shipping. That's 29% off, which is an excellent deal on a licensed set. Click through the Brickset Amazon discounted sets page to make sure they get credit.

Comments

• vedder1029vedder1029 Member Posts: 78
    Excellent! Thanks for the info!
  • scrapdscrapd Member Posts: 16
    If you check under the daily deals it was an additional $2.50 off for me.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    That's a pretty sweet deal at $50 after tax & shipping. Its a great price for own collection or consumption. But quite early to load up for resell, I would take it 1 year from now at this price though.

Anyone notice the lowest priced 3rd party seller, TonyUK2012, is most likely a drop-ship scammer? Is this a first on Amazon? He even has 1 negative complaining about the exact scam, for which he of course denies.
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    edited April 2012
    Thanks @DadsAFOL & @drdavewatford Just got one.

Looks like an awesome deal. A rock bottom price based on the Price Trend Graph (which is awesome). I would be very surprised to see it go lower than $50.

@scrapd It isn't a daily deal for me. Although I did get the VW Camper for $95 on a daily deal a few days ago.
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,128
    edited April 2012
    ^ 1 year from now it could be long gone. Look at sets that came out in January of 2011: Atlantis, City Police, Pharoah's Quest, Red Box Ninjago (wave 1), Star Wars (1st wave). See much of that stuff around anymore?

heck, even a lot of the mid-year 2011 stuff is mostly gone - Kingdoms, PoTC, Harry Potter, Alien Conquest, Red-box Ninjago (wave 2)

non-Direct stuff has about a 6 to 9-month shelf life these days, then it starts becoming hard to find (and expensive), unless it was an under-performing line (PQ, Atlantis, some SW sets). do you expect that to be the case for Super Heroes?

Not suggesting you stock up now, but the right time for DC Super Heroes wave 1 is probably mid-summer to early fall, not next spring.
  • BarneyBPBarneyBP Member Posts: 35
    Excited to add these minifigs to my collection. Thanks!
    Just grabbed one, after internally wrestling with myself over whether to get more. It probably doesn't help that I find the set pretty abysmal in most aspects, but I was always planning to get at least 1, so 29% off is pretty darn good. Now, get me 6857 at 29% off, and there's no telling how many I would buy... In fact, I find the batcave to easily be the worst of all the DC sets - and nothing else is even close.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    That is a good deal... ;)
  • StillBuildingStillBuilding Member Posts: 23
    I click on the Buy Now link and am not getting the $50 price. My first time ordering via brickset. Does that mean the price has already gone up? Thank you!!
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,909
    I click on the Buy Now link and am not getting the $50 price. My first time ordering via brickset. Does that mean the price has already gone up? Thank you!!
    Price has now gone up. :(
  • StillBuildingStillBuilding Member Posts: 23
    Darn! Missed it!
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,909
    ^ Don't worry, they are bound to show up at that price or even cheaper again some time soon. It's Amazon, they always have nice deals. You just got to be there at the right time.
    ^ nope, just gotta be here on Brickset at the right time. one stop shopping!

;-)
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    Shoot! Been watching that one too.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    What was the limit?
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    Dang. Been bouncing back and forth on that one the last few days as it slowly ticked down $1 at a time.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    What was the limit?
  • adol7adol7 Member Posts: 150
    Amazon just dropped the price on the Batcave to $50 with free shipping. That's 29% off, which is an excellent deal on a licensed set. Click through the Brickset Amazon discounted sets page to make sure they get credit.
    Thanks for the heads up! I lucked out before the price jump.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,876
    TRU did have 6857 for $40 recently. Now $50 and sold out at [email protected] until May. We may not see a sale on that one again before EOL.
    RRP is $40, so that's hardly a deal, but I hear what you are saying. Doesn't [email protected] have to actually have it in stock at some point? I think they and the stores had it for like 2 weeks at launch, and not since then. Ridiculous.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    On 6857: That set has been hard to find forever. It's exclusive to [email protected] and TRU, right?

I asked the manager of the new LEGO Store in WI about it over the weekend, and he had no idea when it could become available. As of now, he was doubtful they were even going to get it.
  • datkiddedatkidde Member Posts: 108
    I ordered 6857 back in March from [email protected] during double VIP points, it finally shipped this week.
    supply does seem to be loosening up a bit. it actually stays on TRU shelves longer than an hour now, as well as their online site. Hopefully it will be on LEGO shelves soon as well, along with [email protected]
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,950
    While this was a very nice deal, I couldn't pull the trigger on it, when the only reason my daughter wants it is because of Poison Ivy. ;-)

Tammy