Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Which LEGO sets do you now regret having bought?

123457»

Comments

• Boardshorts85Boardshorts85 ChicagoMember Posts: 183
    Any non-exclusives that I paid full-price for...

But really, I generally try to resell sets I'm no longer attached to so the regrets list is short.  I suppose it would include much of the architecture series (though, as an architect, I'm almost duty-bound) and then maybe #70916.  I'm a TLBM minifig completeist though I probably should have just BL'd the figs for this one.  That said, Walmart $30 clearance isn't the worst price in the world.
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    I see this thread come up and I always think I don't really regret buying any sets. However, having just been up in the loft and seeing the #75532 Scout Trooper and Speeder Bike constraction thing, I think I regret buying it. I don't have any other constraction figures and I generally don't like the theme. But this one looks so nice in the photos.

And it doesn't really have any useful parts that I could use for my own creations. Don't see me using brown panels any time soon...

More than anything, I regret buying a few boxes of 2nd hand parts on eBay. Some of the parts are in dreadful condition, most of them are "ok", and I ended up with a load of MegaBlocks crap that I thought I'd weeded out - until this morning when I happened across some weird looking bars that appear to be 6.5 studs long.
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • wardmwardm BelgiumMember Posts: 794
    I regret SELLING mill village raid when I lost interest in Castle themed LEGO. I’m glad I kept the Medieval Market Village though! 
    Bumblepants
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 7,057
    wardm said:
    I regret SELLING mill village raid when I lost interest in Castle themed LEGO. I’m glad I kept the Medieval Market Village though! 
    I was tempted to sell mine with the high price of the goats but they are so darn cute I can't let it go.
  • MAGNINOMINISUMBRAMAGNINOMINISUMBRA Member Posts: 993
    @omnium Strangely enough - The Scout Trooper and speeder bike is on my 'disappointed I missed it' list with the only other constraction figure I own (or for that matter, tolerate) being General Greivous.  
    Different Strokes...
    omnium
  • omniumomnium Brickenham, UKMember Posts: 831
    @omnium Strangely enough - The Scout Trooper and speeder bike is on my 'disappointed I missed it' list with the only other constraction figure I own (or for that matter, tolerate) being General Greivous.  
    Different Strokes...
    Ah yes, but I wanted it before I bought it. I thought it looked great in the photos. It's only when I built it that I decided I didn't like it :-)
    MAGNINOMINISUMBRA
  • SirBrickalotOfLegoSirBrickalotOfLego WalesMember Posts: 629
    Ninjago City Docks... it looks nice, but I’ve really lost interest in it now. I think I might rebuild it, then sell it on.
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,082
    edited July 2018
    Emmet's Construct-o-Mech #70814 - It's a fantastic part of the film, and quite iconic to look at, but I wasn't blown away by the build process and now I have a load of yellow city parts that don't match anything else in my collection. It also doesn't bend at the knees, a personal bugbear of mine for any Lego mech that fails there. But it does have Angry Kitty included, so there's that...
  • ArpieArpie UKMember Posts: 28
    Quite a bit I regret buying really.  Re-entering the hobby I went a bit mad and tried to fill in gaps I'd missed.  Now I don't have the space or time for a lot of it and it just sits in boxes.  Managed to kick my collection instinct so only pick up what I like rather than everything.  A lot of eBaying ahead I think!

@MAGNINOMINISUMBRA that Scout Trooper is the only constraction figure I've ever liked the look of and whilst I regret not getting it now I still think I would regret getting it more later.
    omniumFarmer_Johndatsunrobbie
  • MeganLMeganL Chicagoland Outpost, Brickset TowersMember Posts: 126
    pharmjod said:
    This might cause you to look at the tower bridge in a different light:

https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-11989/InyongBricks/10214-tower-bridge-alternative-build/#info
    Oh my goodness, I’d purposely never clicked on a link to rebrickable before now because I thought it might be dangerous.  I was right.

Thank you for sharing that (I think).
    pharmjoddmcc0Onebricktoomanycatwrangler
  • BobflipBobflip Member Posts: 636
    Coming soon to Brickset Forum: Which LEGO links do you now regret having clicked?
    Baby_Yodagmonkey76BumblepantsSlapNutsOnebricktoomanyHugeYellowBrickSumoLegopharmjodMr_Cross
  • gmonkey76gmonkey76 ChicagoMember Posts: 1,718
    ^ shop.lego.com amazon.com ebay.com bricklink.com....... and any other link to buy LEGO or LEGO related products
    SlapNutsOnebricktoomanyjnscoelhoMr_Cross
  • KaitchKaitch N. IrelandMember Posts: 386
    At the risk of going off-topic, what exactly is rebrickable? and what is the difference with bricklink?
  • pharmjodpharmjod 1,170 miles to Wall Drug, USAMember Posts: 2,916
    Rebrickable is a site that has instructions for mocs that you can build. You can link your brickset collection to your rebrickable account and see if you already have the pieces to build mocs you are interested in. You can't buy parts on rebrickable, but they usually have parts lists so you know what you need to buy.
    SumoLegobandit778OnebricktoomanyMr_CrossBaby_Yoda
  • bandit778bandit778 Docking Bay 94. Member Posts: 2,292
    edited July 2018
    @Kaitch
    In addition to the comment above, Rebrickable can also link up with your Bricklink and Brickowl account so you can import the parts lists from any of the MOC's directly into wants lists.

In other words it's one of the deepest darkest Lego rabbit holes you can go down and a great place to start the process of getting rid of loads of money. :)

As a Star Wars fan you will have a ball checking out some of the builds.

Just to be on topic, I don't regret buying any of my sets although for some of them I regret not having purchased more than one.
    OnebricktoomanyMr_Crossericbdmcc0datsunrobbie
  • Mr_CrossMr_Cross East Anglia (UK)Member Posts: 1,494
    Non, je ne regrette rien!
    ...and for what it's worth, I'm fairly certain I haven't been dreaming. Well, I've dreamt about buying LEGO loads, but Leonardo DiCaprio had nothing to do with that.

Is there a minifigure of a character played by him? I'm thinking no, right? I would love 'Inception' LEGO... someones has surely done at least mocs I'm thinking, if not animations... google time!
    lkliment2
  • lkliment2lkliment2 ChicagoMember Posts: 186
    Mr_Cross said:
    Non, je ne regrette rien!
    ...and for what it's worth, I'm fairly certain I haven't been dreaming. Well, I've dreamt about buying LEGO loads, but Leonardo DiCaprio had nothing to do with that.

Is there a minifigure of a character played by him? I'm thinking no, right? I would love 'Inception' LEGO... someones has surely done at least mocs I'm thinking, if not animations... google time!
    So far none of his characters have made it to Lego form, though I too would love to see it one day 
    Mr_Cross
  • KaitchKaitch N. IrelandMember Posts: 386
    ^^^I suspect that if I started frequenting rebrickable, I would start regretting things. Although, if I can link it to a list of my current piece inventory...

Except a bunch of my polys have no piece lists on the forum. Hrm. Is there a thred for that?
  • datsunrobbiedatsunrobbie West Haven , CTMember Posts: 1,710
    If I was starting again, I'd probably skip buying Bionicle, but I cannot say I regret buying them. Some days it just seem like the right day to drag out a tub full of Bionicle parts and see what crawls out. My regret is that I did not do hardly any sorting for the first couple of years when I got back into LEGO. One big tub of unsorted parts is fun, 20 big tubs is a bit overwhelming. 
    FowlerBricks