Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Save up to 20% off your entire purchase at Toys"R"Us

PlayftlPlayftl Member Posts: 178
edited April 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
I don't see this posted anywhere, but I got a "20% off $75 or more, 15% off $50-$74.99, or 10% off $49.99 or less" coupon in an e-mail from Toys"R"Us earlier this week. Using the 20% off offer on Series 7 Minifigures in an order of $75 or more would bring each minifig down to $2.80. It might be an special offer for subscribers or Rewards"R"Us members so check your e-mails! Kinda late, but offer ends on Apr 21. Hope this helps!

Comments

• starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,287
    That would be great if my local TRU's for 1) had them or 2) let you buy more than 5 per family.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    ^ they limit in store purchase of the CMF to 5 packets?
    edited April 2012
    ^ yes at the stores around me. That's why I will wait till Lego stores get them. Plus VIP points are WAY better then TRU's lame rewards.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    $2.80 for a CMF is not a deal, $2.99 is the normal price for those anyway...

A better use of 20% off would be for DS or SSD, something not normally on sale.
  • parkerwilsonparkerwilson Member Posts: 142
    ^ I am thinking the coupon is good for in store only, not sure as I never get any e-mail like that from TRU
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,207
    edited April 2012
    I am a rewards member and received no such offer
  • momof2boys99momof2boys99 Member Posts: 322
    You are very lucky....I did not get an email like that and I think I get something from Toys R Us about every other day.
  • PlayftlPlayftl Member Posts: 178
    Doesn't seem like anybody else got in on this offer :/ I must have just gotten lucky then. Mod, please close this thread.
  • giraffefrecklesgiraffefreckles Member Posts: 100
    It was nice of you to share the news anyway, @ Playftl. You know, just in case...
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,085
    I just got one of those coupons via email yesterday. 20% off your entire purchase of $75 or more. Instore only. Good 5/13 through 5/19. I have a TRU "rewards" card and think that it is a members only deal. Also, it cannot be used for sale items.
  • rlattruiarlattruia Member Posts: 3
    It seems to be a strange distribution. I also received the coupon, while my wife and brother, also rewards members, did not. As far as Lego tho, the coupon at best will only knock out some or most of the markup. You'll still be paying retail on sets.
  • JP3804JP3804 Member Posts: 332
    My TRU had 7964 and 7965 at retail. City of Atlantis was $55.99
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    Did not know I had been sent a coupon until I saw this thread. Used it to pick up a lone Medieval Market Village that had suddenly appeared this week at my local TRU for ~$80 out the door (also used $5 a reward card as well). Thanks!
  • byolegobyolego Member Posts: 114
    Aaargh I'd wish they sent me this coupon. I am a TRU Rewards member, how come I don't get it???
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,085
    FYI. I successfully used the 20% coupon at TRU. At first the sales lady though that is would only be good for 1 item but when scanned, it took 20% off the entire purchase of 4 sets. Picked up 2xMill village raids and 2xsupercars.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ I was too giddy about finding the MMV and it never occurred to me that the coupon applies to your total purchase (and not a single item). Not that there was anything else worth getting at that TRU, (un)fortunately. I saw MVR at another TRU, but that one didn't have the MMV. Can't win them all, I suppose.
  • clowndiscuslegoclowndiscuslego Member Posts: 97
    why was the 20% savers pass coupon good for a disney outdoor toy?
    i spent over $2000 in the last 6 months there. i dont understand
    ^ me either, but I know I won't be buying much Lego from them in the future if this is how they treat their Rewards R Us members.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    why was the 20% savers pass coupon good for a disney outdoor toy?
    i spent over $2000 in the last 6 months there. i dont understand
    That's the problem. As far as they're concerned, you obviously don't need a coupon to spend some money there. I'm pretty sure the recipients of the coupons are those who don't spend large sums or who have not spent anything recently.

• korkor Member Posts: 392
    We got a coupon and we've probably spent 8,000-10,000 in the in the last year.
    ^ Well there you go clowndiscus - you haven't reached the reward threshold yet. :P
    I wrote them a not so nice email. I'm sure they don't care, but I am tired of wasting money there to get crap for awards, let alone barely a coupon (just to save on their markups).
  • JenniJenni USAMember Posts: 1,372
    I got a coupon, we haven't spent that much there, probably less than a thousand, just some BOGO50% purchases and 2 for $5 s6 CMFs. I wonder if it's because we don't buy anything full price?
    Hmmm... ok, well this basically tells me:

A) The coupons given out are completely random
    2) We're getting a space marine theme soon
  • cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    Space Marine theme? How so?
    ^ Sorry. It was an attempted non-sequitur, recycle of a @yellowcastle post from this thread:
    http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/4855/new-beach-set
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    :o)
    non-sequitur... such big words :-)

From the use of such a phrase it is obvious that...
    1 - you're a rocket scientist
    2 - you had Cherrios for breakfast
    And, yes... 3- a Space Marine theme, based on Warhammer 40K.