Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Floating an idea: who wants to build me a stand for my X-wing?

bkprbkpr Member Posts: 295
edited April 2012 in Everything else LEGO
A little while ago I purchased a 9493 X-wing. Unfortunately it can't really be displayed with the wings open very well as is, so I constructed a stand from the leftover pieces of my UCS Star Destroyer and a few extras I had from bricklink purchases. The stand can be seen at the bottom of this blog post: http://bartkowalski.com/2012/02/new-star-wars-lego/

Seeing I don't have many spare Lego pieces as I'm not really a 'builder' per se, I had the idea to ask you talented people if someone'd be willing to design and build me a better stand, and I'd pay you for it (and shipping to me). I don't know if this idea is a good one, whether it breaks any sort of forum rules etc. All I know is I'd like to display my X-Wing in attack position, and I don't have a library of Lego to work in a trial-and-error fashion.

Realistically I'd probably pay US$15–20 for a stand, plus shipping to me in Malaysia. I don't know if this is a fair price.

If anyone would like to accept this challenge, I'll write back with a two or three design features I'd want.

Thoughts?

Comments

• bkprbkpr Member Posts: 295
    edited April 2012
    Hmmm… seems I'm not able to edit my post…

I'd like to say I realise $20 probably isn't a lot for an hour or two of building, plus Lego pieces, plus getting it into a box, down to the post office, and sending a package to a strange guy no one knows.

I sincerely hope I haven't offended anyone by my assumption/cost estimation. It's something I'd probably consider doing if I had a library of pieces and a bit of time :) It's just an idea for the moment.

Cheers.
  • CCCCCC Member Posts: 20,526
    You'll probably looking at at least $5-10 for parts, I don't know what shipping to Malaysia will cost, probably another $10, plus time ...
  • bkprbkpr Member Posts: 295
    I'd pay shipping on top of the $20 for parts and labour; I wouldn't assume the builder to pay for that. I had an inkling it might not be the best 'deal' for someone. No probs. I'll eventually sort something out.
  • DeadareusDeadareus Member Posts: 264
    edited April 2012
    There are some good ideas on how to make your own with very little parts in the thread below.

Display Stand Thread

In particular the part that AnseltheCat uses to display his X-Wing.
    minimalist and fairly cheap from bricklink (LEGO part 2861)