Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Auction Pet Peeves

12346»

Comments

• UKtsumiUKtsumi Member Posts: 630
    edited March 2013
    One seller keeps shill bidding on his/her items that I'm trying to win... if they want a certain price why don't they just put a buy it now on! All their high selling items we're all shill bid up!!!!
    I'm tempted to put in a high bid just so i can win and leave neg feedback!!! -

I know I shouldn't but its annoying to be bid up all the time by the sellers other account!
  • HarryPotterLoverHarryPotterLover Member Posts: 238
    I have several being I recently started buying on ebay about 2 months ago.
    The whole thing about labeling a bulk lot "Star Wars Harry Potter Castle"- if were just buying bulk we dont need to know EXACTLY were it came from, maybe some do- but it bothers me
    2- Labeling everything as "Rare". If a fig comes in a $10 set or like 6 sets- ITS NOT RARE! Rare is Chrome C-3PO.
    3- Charging like $30 for instructions. You can find instructions anywere on the internet easily.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,473

The whole thing about labeling a bulk lot "Star Wars Harry Potter Castle"- if were just buying bulk we dont need to know EXACTLY were it came from, maybe some do- but it bothers me
    2- Labeling everything as "Rare". If a fig comes in a $10 set or like 6 sets- ITS NOT RARE! Rare is Chrome C-3PO.
    3- Charging like $30 for instructions. You can find instructions anywere on the internet easily.

Adding something in the title that is not related directly to the item sold is keyword spamming, and a violation to eBay policy.

As for your other points:
    2: That and and the phrase 'hard to find' when there are 30 other people selling one, or 'sold out' when the item is FAR from sold out.
    3- People can charge whatever they want for something, if people want to pay that then that is what it goes for.
    I know that many people buy the original instructions for the completeness of a set (I am one of them) and some of those books are rare.
    Ultimately, the price is dictated by the buyers; not the seller. If the price is too high, then they should not buy, which will drive the price down.
    Or are you saying that if you had a mint copy of the original paper Market street instructions, that can sell for $150, that you would only list them for 5 dollars?

The issue I have are those just copying instructions from LEGO's site and then selling them on eBay on a disc or via files and people actually buying those.. that is nuttier than paying 30 bucks for an actual instruction book IMO since you can get those freely from the internet as such media.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950

Some people like the "OEM" instructions if priced reasonably.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    Put me down as someone who buys the original instruction manuals regardless of rarity. I bought the 10179 Falcon instructions at the time for $75 and the 10190 Market Street instructions for $120. I don't like building my sets right next to a computer and I don't own a tablet so prefer having the actual paper instructions next to me. That and when I eventually sell the set down the line, having the actual instructions will increase the value quite a bit.

Also, not saying it's 100% true but whenever I see a set being sold without the instructions and box I just get the "Brick linked" vibe even though the seller states "100% original". Nothing against pieced together sets but sometimes there are minute difference in parts that a buyer wouldn't catch if they didn't really now what to look for.
    UKtsumi