Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

10129 Rebel Snowspeeder Question

RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
edited April 2012 in Collecting
Hi,
I just finished brick linking a 10179 (yay!) and am now considering doing the same for the 10129 speeder ($1000+ is way to much for me to pay for a new one) but had a question about brick color. Bricklink lists the gray parts as the old Light and Dark Gray like in the 10030 UCS SD, but on Rebrickable.com they list the newer gray blues. I would like to build the set just like the original. Any idea which one is correct?

Thanks,
Renny

Comments

• adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 361
    First off, congrats on the Falcon. I bricklink'd a 10179 as well so i know the journey you went on.

I've contemplated doing this set as well. The correct color is Light Grey/Dark Grey. This set was before the Lego color change. I was thinking of doing it in light bluish grey/dark bluish grey.
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    The Snowspeeder I had was in old grays. However, it might be possible that newer batches came in bluish grays. The set came out in 2003, and the color change happened around 2003/2004, so it is possible that the set is available in both kinds of gray.

Someone else might be able to give you a more definitive answer, though, since I am mostly speculating.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    @Adello25, thanks :) The rigging and dish were super pricey but I wanted to go 100% with it.

@jadeirene, that would be interesting if they produced it in both. I remember with the UCS SD they had produced sets with the original bound instruction manual while the newer ones had the spiral bound instructions so having different components in a set wouldn't be new.
  • adello25adello25 U.S.A.Member Posts: 361
    @Adello25, thanks :) The rigging and dish were super pricey but I wanted to go 100% with it.
    very nice!!! I actually finished it like 6 months ago when all the parts were available from Lego so I got the dish, rigging and light bluish gray levers for cheap.
    Oh wow, that's some BIG savings right there. Nice one :)
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    I can only recommend to NOT try to BL the snowspeeder! I did it a few month ago,it was pain!!! I tried to get it in Old-Grey(a few pieces are not available/were not produced in Bluish Grey!),that was really tough! Some pieces were impossible to get in new condition so i had to order used parts very often( alot of them looked like crap),also the two Canopys are impossible to get,or superexpensive! So now i sit here with a 99% finished Snowspeeder which i've paid a lot of money for! Veeery frustrating!!!
    edited April 2012
    @Diggydoes, thanks for the advice. Sorry to hear about your BL project. Doesn't sound like it's been very fun. That really must be frustrating to be so close to finishing up a set only to have the needed pieces unavailable. I just parted out the set on Bricklink and browsed through the availability of the pieces and like you said it looks like there are some pieces that are either in very limited numbers or just not in stock.

Hmm...may not be a project worth undergoing after all.