Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Master thread] Additions to the Brickset Database

Comments

• 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,175
    Lyichir said:
    Just spotted this new Dots set on Walmart.com: https://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-DOTS-Ultimate-Designer-Kit-66642-DIY-Craft-Decorations-Kit-for-Kids-Who-Love-Arts-and-Crafts-and-Creative-Fun-389-Pieces/664655834

66642 Ultimate Designer Kit. Basically a multi-pack that includes 41900, 41902, 41905, and 41908, plus an extra sorting tray.

I posted about this in the Walmart thread ! ;)
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,283
    Pretty sure this piece has the wrong name:

https://brickset.com/parts/6000572/sheild-deco

Not sure it matters too much as there are no tags with the misspelling, but thought you should know.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 7,020
    Best complain to LEGO then since we publish names verbatim :)
    560HeliportAanchirstlux
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 5,233
    Lego seems to have problems with words. Particularly “sphere” I’ve noticed recently 😆
    560Heliport
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 978
    Okay, I'm dying to know the motivations of the person who gave #80023 the "jail" tag? As best I can tell it's because of the jail bar piece being used on the door of the jet-powered cat carrier, which I guess from a non-anthropocentric point of view could qualify as such, but it's really well outside the typical definition of it and in this set seems to be used by Mo the cat as a self-controlled vehicle, rather than a means of involuntary confinement.

I don't know. The tag doesn't necessarily have to be removed. But it's extremely funny to me that somebody saw that and gave it that tag.
    560HeliportstluxAanchir
  • LyichirLyichir United StatesMember Posts: 978
    Lyichir said:
    Okay, I'm dying to know the motivations of the person who gave #80023 the "jail" tag? As best I can tell it's because of the jail bar piece being used on the door of the jet-powered cat carrier, which I guess from a non-anthropocentric point of view could qualify as such, but it's really well outside the typical definition of it and in this set seems to be used by Mo the cat as a self-controlled vehicle, rather than a means of involuntary confinement.

I don't know. The tag doesn't necessarily have to be removed. But it's extremely funny to me that somebody saw that and gave it that tag.
    My edit timer ran out but my sister pointed out to me that even being generous with definitions, the "cage" tag would be more appropriate for that considering that Mo the cat is the only character who can fit inside it (it's too small for any of the other minifigures or even the brick-built spiders).

560HeliportAanchir
  • Waterjedi17Waterjedi17 Member Posts: 78
    Probably an honest mistake, but #75297 has the incorrect subtheme, I believe it is a Force Awakens set judging by the figs.
    560Heliport
  • sid3windrsid3windr BelgiumMember Posts: 1,460
    Would it be possible to add #5005996 (Belgian Patent) to the site? Technically it's not brick, but there's a number of other patent rewards on there anyway.. ;-)

^ Done.
    sid3windr
  • MaffyDMaffyD West YorkshireMember Posts: 3,283
    Huw said:
    Best complain to LEGO then since we publish names verbatim :)
    TIL - I'll stop pointing them out to you guys then!
  • PDelahantyPDelahanty Petaluma, CaliforniaMember Posts: 237
    Huw, I sent in that 1990s Dacta catalog last month.  Is there some format which you'd prefer me to send the images other than the PDF?  Would individual JPEG images be easier to handle?  Should I crop out the set images for all the unlisted sets?  Let me know how I can help make your job easier! :)
    ^ It's all good, thanks. I usually wait until I have a batch of catalogues to process and upload as it takes a bit of faffing about. But fear not, it's in the queue to be added.
    PDelahanty
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,980
    The article about new Friends sets on the front page missed one! https://www.vandermeulen.com/nl-nl/lego-41441-friends-horse-training-and-trailer-2007746

I was surprised to see that Brickset doesn't even have a placeholder listing for that set number yet!
    Thanks, added.
  • pvp3020pvp3020 Member Posts: 180
    Not an in issue so much as a question: this is listed as new for 2021. Is it a re-release (hard to believe) or a mistake? https://brickset.com/sets/1843-2/{Spacecraft}
    Mistake!
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,333
    Hey Huw... about a year ago I Emailed you copies of about a dozen Canadian LEGO catalogs from the late 60s until the 90s.  But you never put them into the scanned catalog pages.
    edited May 2021
    I have a backlog of catalogues to add but I can't see any Canadian ones among them. Could you re-send, please?
  • LEGOJAPANLEGOJAPAN Member Posts: 4
    A new set "5006745 JAPAN CAROUSEL" limited to Japan that has not been leaked is now available! LEGO Japan official mail order start commemoration.
    https://www.lego.com/ja-jp/
    stlux
    Very nice, thank you, added.
    edited June 2021
    I'm sorry, it's a correction.
    Correct) 6373618 JAPAN CAROUSEL
    Wrong) 5006745 JAPAN CAROUSEL
    stlux
    LEGOJAPAN said:
    A new set "5006745 JAPAN CAROUSEL" limited to Japan that has not been leaked is now available! LEGO Japan official mail order start commemoration.
    https://www.lego.com/ja-jp/
    Added: I wrote an article on my blog.
    https://legokei.com/article/review6373618.html
    Thanks. The 500xxxx number is just a number used for marketing purposes so I'll change it.
    "40486 (Mini) Adidas Originals Superstar"

stluxAstrobricks
    @LEGOJAPAN, still a leak so we can't use the images but I'll add it to the database.
    LEGOJAPAN
  • wiggywiggy EnglandMember Posts: 347
    edited August 2021
    Are the Mario Keychain (400 Nintendo Platinum Points); and Luigi Keychain (500 LEGO VIP points) being added to the database?
    Actually Nintendo call it a Keychain and LEGO call it a Keyring.

Do you know the 5xxxxxx numbers?
    Hi @Huw,
    Just noticed this weird problem with the image for the new part 78443.

• YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,245
    ^ That might be the most useful piece I’ve ever seen. :o)
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76davetheoxygenman
  • wiggywiggy EnglandMember Posts: 347
    Huw said:
    Do you know the 5xxxxxx numbers?

Luigi is 5007029.

Mario doesn't seem to have any relevant numbers that I can find.
    Here's a pic of mine:

I just noticed #75315 does not have a tab for minifigs.
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 3,175
    I just noticed #75315 does not have a tab for minifigs.
    I think it's because it's "Inventory in progress" at Bricklink.
    Astrobricks
    ^ Yes
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,980
    Hey, uhhh… I was just perusing some old issues of the Dutch LEGO magazine "De LEGO Krant" for personal research, and came across an article in issue 25 that I realize describes the contents of set #3695, which Brickset still describes as "unknown".

According to the article it simply contained a bunch of loose Fabuland figures — not for display, as suggested in the set description in the Brickset database, but for individual sale! Below I've transcribed the magazine story and translated to the best of my (admittedly amateur) ability, with lots of help from Google Translate and Wiktionary:
    Fabuland verzameldiertjes

Weet je wat een rage is? Dat is als plotseling heel veel mensen hetzelfde gaan verzamelen. En nu is er opeens een echte Fabuland verzamelrage aan de gang. Dat is niet zo gek als je ziet hoeveel verschillende Fabuland diertjes er nu los bij de LEGO winkelier te krijgen zijn.

Dickie Beer, Bart Buldog, Poekie Kat, Ollie Olifant, Alex Aap, Vonnie Varken, Piepie Mus, Ted de Beer, Peter Paard, Liesje Lam, en al de andere Fabuland diertjes zijn leuk om te kopen maar natuurlijk ook leuk om te krijgen of kado te geven.

Gniep de Vos zegt: “‘t is alleen maar een rage” en Doktor Mazzel zegt: “Een gezonde ziekte, want met Fabuland kan je je eigen fantasie gebruiken.” Maar Mak de Leeuw zegt gewoon: “Het is leuk om bij jou op de plank in je kamer te staan!” En wat vind je zelf?

Fabuland verzamel-diertjes kosten (los, onverpakt) per stuk ƒ 2,85 en zijn in leuke doorkijk-doosjes te koop voor ƒ 4,10 of ƒ 6,25 waarbij dan leuke "gereedschapjes" enzovoorts er bij zijn ingepakt.
    And in English:
    Fabuland Collectable Critters

You know what a craze is? That is when suddenly a lot of people start collecting the same thing. And now there is suddenly a real Fabuland collecting craze going on. That is not so crazy if you see how many different Fabuland critters there now are to get separately at the LEGO shop.

Dickie Bear, Pookie Cat, Ollie Elephant, Alex Ape, Vonnie Pig, Squeaky Mouse, Ted the Bear, Peter Horse, Lisa Lamb, and all the other Fabuland critters are nice to buy, but naturally also nice to get or receive as a present.

Sly the Fox says: “It’s only a craze,” and Doctor Measle says: “A healthy contagion, because with Fabuland you can use your own imagination.” But Mane the Lion says simply: “It is nice to stand on the shelf in your room with you!” And what do you think?

Fabuland collectable critters (loose, unpackaged) cost 2.85 guilders apiece, and are for sale in nice see-through boxes for 4.10 or 6.25 guilders, whereby there are then nice “tools” and so forth packed with them.
    The pricier "see-through boxes" mentioned at the end refer to sets like #3709, #3710, and #3711, which came in a blister pack with a backing card. But I am confident that the "loose, unpackaged" figures sold individually for a lower price are the ones contained 3695 — especially since all the character names from this article match the Dutch names of characters listed in the set's BrickLink inventory!

So other than not being pre-packaged, they were pretty much the "collectable minifigures" of their day. I'm sure whoever filled out the BrickLink inventory already figured this out themselves, but I figured you'd appreciate seeing confirmation in print from back when that set would have been on shelves. A shame, though, that the prices listed probably aren't any use for the database, since they're in a defunct pre-Euro currency.
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 948
    ^^ They appear on Ebay now again, Fabuland figures in clear plastic bags, usually an Italian seller. They don't have the 'set' number on as each one is literally just a figure in a sealed clear bag.
  • rd1899rd1899 U.S.A.Member Posts: 194
    edited November 2021
    Additions for the Gear/Jigsaw category

LEGO Space Stars 1000-Piece Puzzle
    Publication Date: 11/16/2021
    ISBN: 9781797214207
    https://www.chroniclebooks.com/collections/lego/products/lego-ideas-1000-piece-puzzle
    (for a product image with a clean white background, see the Amazon page for this puzzle set)

LEGO IDEAS Minifigure Space Mission 1000-Piece Puzzle
    Publication Date: 05/24/2022
    ISBN: 9781797214146
    https://www.chroniclebooks.com/collections/lego/products/lego-space-stars-1000-piece-puzzle
    For background, see:
    https://ideas.lego.com/blogs/a4ae09b6-0d4c-4307-9da8-3ee9f3d368d6/post/6d43ab25-5b2c-4022-a570-2a3e203f66aa
    (for a product image with a clean white background, see the Ideas Blog link above)
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,364
    Can’t seem to find the new vintage camera GWP in the database… my order/invoice has the set number as 5006911
    When you receive it please send a picture of the box and I'll add it. Bonus points if you take it with the model ;)
    pxchrisKungFuKennygmonkey76
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Somewhere between Ice Station Odyssey and FabulandMember Posts: 2,364
    Huw said:
    When you receive it please send a picture of the box and I'll add it. Bonus points if you take it with the model ;)
    Well, I was all set to send you a pic this afternoon but I see it’s updated now- thanks!
  • LebosteinLebostein GermanyMember Posts: 53
    edited November 2021
    We add the 'yellow box GWPs' using the number actually printed on them rather than the made-up number used at LEGO.com. 
    Astrobricksgmonkey76PDelahanty
  • LebosteinLebostein GermanyMember Posts: 53
    edited November 2021
    Numbers starting with 500... are typical for such kind of sets. I think you should change the number to 5006911. The number 6392343 seems very special and unusual... Bricklink and Lego prefer 5006911 too.
    The 7-digit 63xxxxx number is the SAP material number allocated to the instructions, but as it's the one people will see in a years' time when trying to identify the set they have in front of them, it makes more sense to us that rather than the transient number used at LEGO.com that effectively disappears once the item is no longer listed there.
    gmonkey76pxchrisPDelahanty
  • PDelahantyPDelahanty Petaluma, CaliforniaMember Posts: 237
    Huw said:
    ^ It's all good, thanks. I usually wait until I have a batch of catalogues to process and upload as it takes a bit of faffing about. But fear not, it's in the queue to be added.
    Just checking in on the 1995/1996 Dacta catalog scans that I sent back in January.  If there's any way that you'd like me to format those to make it easier for you, let me know.
  • arathemisarathemis RomaniaMember Posts: 471
    Not sure this is the right place to ask this, but here goes: For 80109 the minifigs are not added in the brickset DB (same for 80108 - well it says 1, but it should be a lot more).
    Will this be updated soon? @Huw
    Thanks
  • vizzitorvizzitor IrelandMember Posts: 440
    I'm fairly sure that's due to Bricklink having "Inventory pending approval" for both sets. The same thing was reported earlier in the thread for 75315 back last year.
    ^ This