Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Murdoch17: Hello from St. Louis, Missouri!

Murdoch17Murdoch17 Member Posts: 22
edited April 2012 in Introduce yourself
Hello everyone! Let me tell you about myself: I have enjoyed Lego for as long as I can remember. I have an 8 x 4 foot plywood table with Lego covering its entire surface. I belong to Gateway Lego Users Group, and my favorite Lego themes include Trains, Star Wars and CITY. I have a brown Emerald Night and a black w/ red stripe GG-1, (See this link for info on that locomotive type: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gg-1 ) among other trains. I have created an entire town from the Harry Potter Diagon Alley (10217) and Medival Market village (10193) along with a custom post office and double track railway station to make an old fashioned town. I am probably going to purchase the haunted house set coming out this year to add to this town. I have a MOCpages account, mocpages.com/home.php/80135 and I had a LEGO.com account under this same username as this one. I also volunteer at my local hospital's radiology film library and am a homeschool student.

Comments

• starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    Welcome to Brickset! I have a sister and mom that live in Kansas City Missouri. Sadly, my dad passed away in St. Louis. Are you going to the Overland Park KS opening?
  • Murdoch17Murdoch17 Member Posts: 22
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for the welcome! No, I'm not going to the grand opening in KS. (I wish I could!)

By the way, I'm sorry to hear about your father.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    Hi!

Welcome to the forum. I'm in Nashville TN but we love to visit St. Louis, my daughter knows her way all around the zoo, the Magic House and the botanical gardens. I love the City Museum but she finds it overwhelming, she's only 7.

I'm going to tell my husband about your GG-1, he probably will know exactly what it is, I had to look it up. He's always been into trains.

We're putting together a LEGO room, next is the table which I hope will be at least 4x8 for the trains, I would love to see your set up if you wouldn't mind sharing photos. Currently we have a 3x6 store display table with one train on an extended oval, not bad but we're looking forward to having more room.

Glad to have you here,

Jenni
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,457
    Welcome aboard @Murdoch17!
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,329
    @murdoch17 : Thank you.
    @Jenni: I got my sister to agree to go to the one in Kansas when it opens, so looks like I will be getting a mini Lego store soon.
  • JenniJenni JapanMember Posts: 1,390
    @starfire2 I saw that on another thread :). Glad you're getting your little store, it's very cute.

Wish you could get one too Murdoch17, but I guess it wouldn't fit in too well with your old fashioned town :).
  • andyscouseandyscouse Western MAMember Posts: 365
    @Murdoch17 -- welcome to the show!