Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Toys R Us: Save $10 on $50 Purchase 4/8 - 4/14

sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
edited April 2012 in Shopping USA/Canada
Save $10 on ANY* total LEGO construction set purchase of $50 or more. (*) And by ANY they mean anything but Friends, Ninjago, Star Wars, Super Heroes, Technic, and "Unbeatable Price" items. Dunno what "Unbeatable Price" items are. I don't think I've ever seen an unbeatable price at TRU - except the Winter Post Office set perhaps. Enter promotion code #951885 at checkout for on-line purchases.

Comments

• YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    There was no flyer with our paper this week. I still can't believe that notion about unbeatable price. I can't wait to figure out what that is...
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    Looks like the promo code is working on everything right now. Hulk comes up as $49.99 in my cart. TIE Fighter comes up as $49.99. No real savings, but may help someone.
    This is kind of a joke promotion when you realize you'd only be wiping out the TRU markup in most cases.
  • neomonkeyneomonkey Member Posts: 82
    This is actually a great deal due to a glitch. It will take off $10 EACH on 3 items as long as they total $50. I added 6865, 6866 and 6867 for $29 before shipping.
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    ^Whoa, nice catch there. I put in the order for the same items. Here's hoping that it doesn't get cancelled.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    I just did the same, and selected in-store pick up.
    Anybody else getting this now? Doesn't seem to work for me.
  • korkor Member Posts: 392
    Thanks for the tip neomonkey! None of the store within an hour and a half of me had them in stock so I'm also hoping my order doesn't get canceled.
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 338
    I just placed a second order for the same 3, and got them shipped because the 6866 set was no longer showing as available for in-store pick up. If it gets cancelled, oh well, it was certainly worth a shot!
    Got mine to work - I had entered the wrong code. Thanks for the tip.
    FYI, Town Hall in stock. At MSRP too. If only BOGO still...
  • darktremeredarktremere Member Posts: 42
    I tried placing a second order and it says you already used that promotion code. :-(
    ^ clear cookies, use a different browser, and/or a different account (or no account)
  • BarneyBPBarneyBP Member Posts: 35
    Thanks neomonkey! That's a pretty good deal for the cheaper Avengers sets.
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 256
    Thanks @neomonkey in for those three
    I ordered the Captain America set, Loki set and PotC Captain's Cabin and chose store pickup. Total bill came to $23.

This might be a good sale (assuming the current terms persist) to order Power Functions and Road Plates though store pickup won't be an option. I Also looked at the board games but they don't seem to be included in the promotion.
  • evantylerevantyler Central OhioMember Posts: 63
    Worked for me, too @neomonkey. Thanks for the heads-up! Will try again with a different browser, too...
    Tried again with a different browser and it worked. Got 3 other smaller CITY sets I've had my eye on. Thanks again!
  • BarneyBPBarneyBP Member Posts: 35
    This is also a chance to get the flexible track pack for $19.99 instead of $24.99 at Shop at Home. I've been having a hard time finding discounts on track. You could definitely bundle some power functions in there for a good deal.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Wow - incredible deal! Thanks to @neomonkey for the tip on those three sets. I just ordered 6 sets (via 2 different orders) for store pickup. Ugh, I could really go to town with a deal like this.... back to TRU.com to see if the coupon takes a third time...

Thanks everyone!
  • SeijiAmasawaSeijiAmasawa USMember Posts: 212
    Thanks for the discount code. I was able to get three sets for <$38 including tax. I'm so happy!!! Have a nice day!
  • pumperxpumperx Member Posts: 106
    Great find @neomonkey it also works for me. Awesome deal!
    @neomonkey = Easter bunny? Perhaps... :)
  • tk79tk79 Member Posts: 329
    @neomonkey Thank you for the info! The people in my town would also like to thank you as they now finally have some roads to drive on. I didn't want to buy any before this, but I was able to get 4 sets of roads (8 baseplates) for apprx $32 shipped using Shoprunner.
  • AlczervikAlczervik Member Posts: 93
    edited April 2012
    thank you @sidersdd and @neomonkey got the superheros trio of sets for under 30 , great deal !
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,113
    worked for me as well, except I skipped 6865 and got two of 6866, and it discounted both of them. My local store was out so I had to pay shipping, but it's still over 25% off RRP
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    For those of you in the San Jose, CA area, TRU is finally showing in stock for pick up for the Superheroes sets (Winchester and Monterrey Hwy locations).
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,113
    edited April 2012
    just picked up the following using the code, in store pickup. total price $21.97

9488-1: Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid Battle Pack http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=9488-1
    9488-1: Elite Clone Trooper & Commando Droid Battle Pack http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=9488-1
    9490-1: Droid Escape http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=9490-1

in playing around, it will take $10 off each item, 3 items max.
  • JP3804JP3804 Member Posts: 332
    Thanks @sidersdd and @neomonkey! Placed 3 orders with 2 that had to be shipped. Worked out to 35% off. :-)
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337
    Cheers OP! Picked up the 3 marvel sets from my local store and placed an online order as well using Shoprunner. Manager asked if there was some special promo going on as he had 4 identical online orders....hehe. Thinking there is a good chance corporate will cancel the online orders and mass email the stores so pick them up quickly if you can. Great deal! Think I will buy the 2 other marvel larger sets between May 16-31 thu my Lego store to scoop two limited edition hulks.
  • mikersoftmikersoft Member Posts: 57
    Nice.. Thanks for the info sidersdd & neomonkey.

-Mike
    @dougts - It works on Star Wars sets? I never even tried them. Doh!
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Discount works on the Star Wars Advent Calendar which is already 50% off, so makes it 75% off at $10.
  • littletokilittletoki Member Posts: 517
    Woohoo. This is awesome!

I bought the 3 marvel sets and was describing them to my husband. "Got the new Marvel set with Loki and Crosseye and --"..

At which point he interrupted me and asked, "Crosseye? You mean worst superhero/sniper ever?"

He's still laughing. :\
  • starfire2starfire2 Phoenix AZMember Posts: 1,289
    edited April 2012
    I got 3 marvel sets as well, store pick up. Waiting for pick up email. Thank you to sidetsdd, and neomonkey for the heads up. I got Wolverine helicopter showdown, captain america cycle, and loki truck with iron man.
    Went ahead and copied the Star Wars order from @dougts for $23 after taxes and with store pickup. I also grabbed a couple of large baseplates and paired them with the PotC waterfall for the same amount.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,248
    edited April 2012
    Trying to place my order by copying all these strategies, but TRU won't let me remove an item from my cart that I accidentally added. It's also not allowing me to do in-store-pickup for all the items... anyone else having this problem? "You have entered an invalid quantity."
    @samiam391 Yep - I had that issue. I cleared out cookies, and started over on the TRU site and that fixes the "invalid quantity" error. When you add items to the cart on the product page, do so via the in-store pickup link. That should fix everything.
    @brickupdate- Ok, thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I'm not very tech savy... how do I clear out cookies?
    @samiam391 It would be in your web browser preferences somewhere.
    @brickupdate-Thanks for all your help, I was able to delete cookies and make three separate orders. Tempted to make a fourth. Hooray for switching computers!
  • vader34mtvader34mt Member Posts: 88
    Thanks for the info everyone!

Got a cosmic cube escape and 2 avenging cycles for 23.89

Really only want the iron man, capt america, and loki figs...will be selling off the rest

But it will be way less expensive than buying figs individually
  • stephenvwstephenvw Lexington, KYMember Posts: 89
    Just finished placing my third order! Definitely less expensive than buying the figs individually, and you can sell of the parts!
  • herekittykittyherekittykitty Member Posts: 122
    Thanks for posting - just got three creator sets with store pickup. Hopefully it goes through ok.
  • neomonkeyneomonkey Member Posts: 82
    I just came back from picking up my orders. I'm glad I was able to help everyone get a good deal on these new sets.
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    edited April 2012
    Thanks @sidersdd, this was the best deal imaginable on opening weekend of release. Picked up 6 Cpt. America's ($5 each), 3 Cosmic Cubes ($12 each), 3 Wolverine Choppers ($12 each). Worked out to ~50% off of total RRP. Did in-store pickup to avoid cancelled orders in case corporate catches on before they shipped and got them sitting next to me right now.
  • intromissionintromission Member Posts: 197
    I concur. Very happy with this. Thanks again @neomonkey.
    @BrickDancer- Wish I was lucky, apparently Kentucky still doesn't have these available for in-store pickup!
    I just got back from TRU picking up 3 orders as well. Agreed with everyone here - INCREDIBLE deal perfectly timed for the new Avenger sets.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,908
    Wow, you guys got yourselves some great deals! I'm jealous. If only this were in Canada. :-/