Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

A Thank you to Huw and the Mods

wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
edited April 2012 in Everything else LEGO
On this anniversary of the forum, I would like to take a moment and thank Huw and the rest of the mods for the great resource they've created for all of us and the great job they do here with the forum. I can honestly say that there is not another single thing, other than the bircks themselves, that has grown my love of the hobby more than this site and this forum. I have made countless deals, exchanged ideas and made many new friends. Some I have met in person and some I look forward to meeting in the future.

We should all be very proud. This is a wonderful community full of great people and we've al been brought closer together by the forum.

Thanks, Huw for all you do and thanks to the mods for keeping this a place where we can all escape life and talk about the bricks as muchas we like! Happy Anniversary!!

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,755
    Thank you!

I will take this opportunity to do what I forgot to do on the main news article: to thank all of you, everyone who participates and contributes to the forum, for making it the great place it is.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have 6 Marvel sets to crack open... :-)
  • mnbvcmnbvc Member Posts: 136
    Great post. I don't post much, but I love reading what everyone has to say and everyone is so helpful with posting Lego sightings and deals (I don't see many but when I do, I make a rare post!) - it's a real community here. :)
  • AlczervikAlczervik Member Posts: 93
    ditto, this forum is a super place to learn and talk everything lego, and i visit everyday becasuse of it, and the mods do a super job of managing, we are lucky to have this site and them
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    great post, I agree completely
  • IstokgIstokg MichiganMember Posts: 2,202
    Yes, KUDOs to Huw and the gang... this place is a nice place to post... :-)

I've met some very nice people here from all around the world...

Say Huw... weren't you on Holiday? That was a short one...

I could use a holiday.... a fortnight on the Cornish Riviera... or a weekend at the cape... or a nippy hike up the Cairngorms... or a Pfingsten Feiertag im Allgäu... or a Barbie in the Outback... no I'll just settle for a 1 hour drive to my sister/brother-in-laws cottage on Lake Huron... although I won't be going in the icy cold water (the term "raisinettes" comes to mind... :-o).
  • gratefulnatgratefulnat SwitzerlandMember Posts: 288
    I really love perusing through this forum - find many discussions to be quite informative and entertaining, even though I'm just not much of a poster/partaker.

The wealth of information plus all the banal little tidbits of info and the corteous atmosphere, combined with direct & open discourse, is very refreshing and fun.
    Thanks to all who run this, and the great number of interesting members.

@Istokg - 'the raisinettes effect' - ha ha, gave me a good chuckle and reminded me of the time I went waterskiing in April up in northern New Hampshire many years ago. Never again, needless to say.
  • RedbullgivesuwindRedbullgivesuwind Brickset's Secret HeadquatersMember Posts: 1,897
    I second all that has been said. Thank you Huw the best site and forum around.
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    And I would DEFINITELY cheer in a he)! yeah on everything that has been said. I have felt nothing but friendship and kindness with everyone I have talked to, met, traded with or bought from. I love this website and thank the Admin and MODs for starting this site and having it be what it is. An excellent place for any and all AFOLs from all over the world!
  • pvancil27pvancil27 Member Posts: 588
    Yes, Kudo's to you all. I mod a fairly heavily traffic'd forum so I understand the hours that go into it.
  • samiam391samiam391 A log cabin in PA, United StatesMember Posts: 4,350
    Yes, thank you so much to all the people that work so hard to keep this forum up and running! We appreciate it!
  • RobbRobb Member Posts: 144
    Even if my pocketbook has been working overtime for the last year (since discovering this forum), as evidenced by my VIP points, I'm still very grateful for this forum and its community. Thanks to the Mods and all other participants. This is, without a doubt, the best online community I have participated in.