Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

WebService - Minifigs

RikTheVeggieRikTheVeggie CanadaMember Posts: 308
edited April 2012 in The Database
My apologies if this is in the wrong area.

I'm playing around with writing an Android app, atm I'm currently querying a user's minifigs by using "searchMinifigCollection". I seem to have got this working ok.

Taking the results from "searchMinifigCollection", I'm now attempting to lookup the thumbnail associated with each minifig, as this information isn't returned. I can't figure out how to do this with "search" though. The only id I have is something like "col087" and searching on this returns nothing. Is there a way to associate this id with something that can be used with "search" ? Or maybe I shouldn't be using "searchMinifigCollection" and should just use "search" with queries like "theme=Collectable Minifigures" & "subtheme=Series 6" ?

Many thanks!

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,455
    The minifig collection API was added primarily for Christoph Bartneck's minifig app, and for that he didn't need images since he has his own.

The majority of the minifig images are from BrickLink, so I don't have the rights to distribute them or sanction linking to them from 3rd party apps.

Having said that, you can probably work out the URL by looking at how Brickset links to them.
  • RikTheVeggieRikTheVeggie CanadaMember Posts: 308
    Thanks for the info, I'll see what I can figure out.